#21old_man_mossyPosted 7/6/2013 10:40:19 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
old_man_mossy posted...
Hawke0 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Mindesyn posted...
Simply put? No.
I enjoy playing with people I know
I wish we could play something that actually works.
Thats all.

Jayters gonna Jayte.

Gonna weigh in w/agreeing w/Jaye & Punch. This game was fun early on, especially when my son was playing w/me....but now to hear its getting over run with hacks on the public side...which in my experiences was the only way I got good connections because when I'd private lobby the game went to hell in a hand basket connection wise....well might have to wait for C3 if that game comes. I'm currently looking for something else, too.

On a side note, what the hell has happened to the board around here....even in its worst times we tried to keep the fighting to single threads then blocked the guy & let it be...I dunno maybe I'm just remembering things with a fonder shade to it; deserved or not...

I lurk around here less & less, anymore.

Private matches are no different than Pubs in their connection, the only difference is you can control who is in them.

Hacking has been remarkably sparse until recently, I attribute it solely to summer vacation.

No, actually chain...in the pubs with Jaye...good, with Punch...good, with Signal good, with Andy...good, with Chronic...you guessed it...good.

All of us together in private for clan war....Absolute garbage.

GE's servers are down...Tris servers are down, CoD is all but abandoned on the Wii side as far but its fans that remain are split between what version is the best....this will be a target for the home brewers and hackers who aren't solely comprised of kids or adults on summer vacation.

Sorry, not buying it, on either point. I don't buy it because the way the game repeatedly responded for me while I played and human nature and how I expect the online community to go now that options are reducing. GE had a fair share of hackers who didn't like CoD...wonder where they will go now that oo7 GE has gone away. (Has it gone away? Maybe I'm remembering wrong)
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#22CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/6/2013 11:18:10 AM(edited)
I hadn't played a hacker in pubs for over six months until june, I fully expect them to become rare again after august.

You're probably just unlucky, No matter what bad experiences you've had, it doesn't change the fact that Pubs and PMs use all the same resources, and are identical in every way except for how you join them.

If you want to give weight to anecdotes, I've played in many matches, And I've almost always had good results moving from pubs, to PMs.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#23_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 11:39:09 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
Hawke0 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Mindesyn posted...
Simply put? No.
Thats all.

Jayters gonna Jayte.

Gonna weigh in w/agreeing w/Jaye & Punch. This game was fun early on, especially when my son was playing w/me....but now to hear its getting over run with hacks on the public side...which in my experiences was the only way I got good connections because when I'd private lobby the game went to hell in a hand basket connection wise....well might have to wait for C3 if that game comes. I'm currently looking for something else, too.

On a side note, what the hell has happened to the board around here....even in its worst times we tried to keep the fighting to single threads then blocked the guy & let it be...I dunno maybe I'm just remembering things with a fonder shade to it; deserved or not...

I lurk around here less & less, anymore.

I'm not exactly sure what happened to make so many people here bitter and angry, but it's not quite the fun place that it used to be. I'm hoping this is a passing phase. Maybe hormones or something, LOL.

Also, people seem to think that because they've been here longer that they have more ownership of the forum, or more right to be here than some of the new guys, and I just don't think that's right.

They deserve the same chance to discover the game and this community that everyone else had. Just because they got into it later shouldn't cripple them.

Regarding hacker and glitchers, I understand what you're saying about the other game's servers being down, but at the time of night that I play (same as Chain usually) we just haven't really seen hackers yet. However, only about half the matches I play are pubs. Jingle Bells will be on once in a while, but doesn't seem to use a god-mode anymore, just messes with invisibility and stuff.

And yes, I still remember that match that you're talking about being so unplayable. LOL, it was almost like a buzzing lockup, without the buzz. It was awful. Truthfully, I've only seen lag like that in one other match.

Get Need For Speed Most Wanted U. It's not a shooter, and it's really fun. I have trouble playing because I'm laughing so much, and I'm truly terrible at it. A couple of other people here are thinking about getting it too.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#24FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/6/2013 11:57:38 AM
_Signal posted...
Also, people seem to think that because they've been here longer that they have more ownership of the forum, or more right to be here than some of the new guys, and I just don't think that's right.

They deserve the same chance to discover the game and this community that everyone else had.

I'd say it's the opposite. The new guys seem to think they're pretty hot s***, and needless to say, some of the vets don't appreciate a bunch of squeakers invading what used to be a really cool board. I'm not implying I'm a vet, as I've only been here a year, but this place was so much better back even then. Not to mention there were players like Noble, Chronic, and several others who were in an echelon of their own, but were down to earth, too. Essentially, the new guys are d***s and deserve any angry responses they've gotten.

As for the actual question, I somehow did have some fun with such an esoteric, lowly game. Towards the end people online were just too dumb and I was hard pressed to find any competition.
#25TMac987654321Posted 7/6/2013 12:01:05 PM
Goldeneye > Conduit 2
---
T-Mac
#26Hawke0Posted 7/6/2013 12:04:29 PM
TMac987654321 posted...
Goldeneye =/= Conduit 2

fix'd
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
#27xXAISPXxPosted 7/6/2013 12:06:20 PM
Hawke0 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
Mindesyn posted...
Simply put? No.
Thats all.

Jayters gonna Jayte.

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#28FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/6/2013 12:10:43 PM
Hawke0 posted...
TMac987654321 posted...
Goldeneye =/= Conduit 2

PC FPS>Console FPS>Wii turds

FTFY
#29_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 12:17:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 12:19:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]