The most important poll so far (part 1)

#41kastasticPosted 7/6/2013 1:42:27 PM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
It's not about self-confidence, self-esteem, or being scared of scrubs. People are sick of endless, often completely f***ing unintelligible bulls*** spewed by them. Breaking points have been reached and that's why conflict is erupting the way it is.

When I read this all I could do was picture a man standing at a podium spewing s*** out his mouth to a group of ScRuBs.
#42CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/6/2013 1:46:52 PM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
@Signal: That's nice, but I'm not the one getting pissed. All of you salty fanboys/girls are the ones getting into it with the noobs. I'm content being a sideshow.

@Chain: K.

The things which a content person would say does not include what you just said.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#43TheOmegaFalconPosted 7/6/2013 1:52:02 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
@Signal: That's nice, but I'm not the one getting pissed. All of you salty fanboys/girls are the ones getting into it with the noobs. I'm content being a sideshow.

@Chain: K.

The things which a content person would say does not include what you just said.

Contentment has nothing to do with it. I prefer "condescending tolerance."

Either way, I'm correct. I'm not the cause of the arguments with the new guys. I just got here yesterday and everyone was b****ing at each other. All I saw was prepubescents acting like prepubescents and adults acting like prepubescents.
#44LigersRulePosted 7/6/2013 2:08:41 PM
_Signal posted...
Also, people seem to think that because they've been here longer that they have more ownership of the forum, or more right to be here than some of the new guys, and I just don't think that's right.

They deserve the same chance to discover the game and this community that everyone else had. Just because they got into it later shouldn't cripple them.

Sorry, I hadn't been reading this topic. I feel like this is directed at me, so I'm gonna reply.

Time has nothing to do with it. When I talk about me "owning" the board, it's practically just making fun of myself for being here so long. Nothing to do with me being superior or anything.

My anger at some of the "new guys" has nothing to do with that. My anger stems from the fact that they don't know how to behave, and are being terrible members of this community. Flooding the board. Creating the same topic multiple times because you don't get the replies you want. Making useless posts. I'm sorry if I have standards for this message board. High standards. Because I still want this message board to be the place it was a year and a half ago. This game, and these players, deserve THAT C2 board. Not this one.

So yeah. I'll tell people off when they act like morons or kids. Because I want this board to be a place worth coming to.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#45TheOmegaFalconPosted 7/6/2013 2:18:27 PM
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...
Also, people seem to think that because they've been here longer that they have more ownership of the forum, or more right to be here than some of the new guys, and I just don't think that's right.

They deserve the same chance to discover the game and this community that everyone else had. Just because they got into it later shouldn't cripple them.

Sorry, I hadn't been reading this topic. I feel like this is directed at me, so I'm gonna reply.

Time has nothing to do with it. When I talk about me "owning" the board, it's practically just making fun of myself for being here so long. Nothing to do with me being superior or anything.

My anger at some of the "new guys" has nothing to do with that. My anger stems from the fact that they don't know how to behave, and are being terrible members of this community. Flooding the board. Creating the same topic multiple times because you don't get the replies you want. Making useless posts. I'm sorry if I have standards for this message board. High standards. Because I still want this message board to be the place it was a year and a half ago. This game, and these players, deserve THAT C2 board. Not this one.

So yeah. I'll tell people off when they act like morons or kids. Because I want this board to be a place worth coming to.

Surprise! Liggy isn't mad for any of your bulls*** reasons. He's mad because the new guys are being dumbasses.

Somehow "self-confidence" seems impertinent.
#46_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 2:44:49 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
_Signal posted...

I'm so sorry. That was not directed at you and I don't even think I knew that you had made any comments about "owning." I also don't think I've seen you ever say that someone didn't belong here, which is mainly what I'm talking about.

I have no trouble with you telling off people when they're out of line. I do it myself, LOL.

Sorry, I really didn't mean you.

There just seems to be sort of a weird collective animosity toward some of the new guys (and some of the old guys) and I don't understand where it's coming from.

I want the same board as you.

I really don't know what happened to make so many people so angry.

There are a handful of people that are fueling all this, and they know who they are. Things won't get better until they come to their senses and realize that it's just easier to be nicer to everyone, and it creates a nicer place to be as well.

Sorry Lig. I really wasn't referring to you.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#47CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/6/2013 2:59:10 PM
LigersRule posted...

I was like you... Once...

I used to make sure that every post I made was thought out, researched, had verified sources, and contributed to discussion. My threads used to be... Sometimes transparently kiddy in perspective, but they rang home!

Ahhh :)

But then... The very nature of the Internet changed...

Anyway, I have a lot of patience for scrubs, scrubs have always existed, They do not persist for long, especially helpful and healthy community, and its not exactly like its an optional phase.
However, there are other types of behaviors I have less patience for, those that do not eventually sort themselves out, but only propagate, and are emulated by who are easily influenced. ( newbs primarily. )

Anyway, I'm not sure I have a reason for posting this, I'm just... You know. Ohh Internet
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#48CasshernXPosted 7/6/2013 3:03:33 PM(edited)
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
It's not about self-confidence, self-esteem, or being scared of scrubs. People are sick of endless, often completely f***ing unintelligible bulls*** spewed by them. Breaking points have been reached and that's why conflict is erupting the way it is.

http://tinyurl.com/68lxgz4
---
"I know nothing, not even myself. Yet my enemies call me: Casshern."
#49Hawke0Posted 7/6/2013 3:51:53 PM
FaLc0niZWaSTeD posted...
Hawke0 posted...
TMac987654321 posted...
Goldeneye =/= Conduit 2

Shooters that actually have you aim>dual analog

FTFY

fix'd
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
#50Hawke0Posted 7/6/2013 4:05:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]