C2 Competitive: It's time for serious change.

#11-HC-P4G(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 8:34:45 PM
Mindesyn posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/63929618

Been attempted. Failed.
Clan matches and competitive matches are set up how they are because they work. [LC] HAS played all the clans out there that care to compete, and all that's left is AER if they are together still and FLAME.

Kudos for initiative tho.

Thanks for the link (not being sarcastic, seriously thanks a lot!). I'll try to learn as much as I possibly can on this. I think the main issue, however, with what happened there is the lack of willing to be flexible. I'm not trying to barge in and make rules, I'm trying to involve as many people's opinions and desires as possible to make this work

And yes, I'm sure Lost Cause has played most to all other competitive teams out there, but over how long of a period of time? (I may or may not have just butchered many rules of English grammar, but oh well)

All I know is that I have yet to play my first competitive match, having been in a clan for well over a month now. I really think that competitive can't be a sideshow anymore now that hackers are running the pubs. It needs to take the main stage.

And if you don't believe that this can work, that's fine. I certainly didn't expect everyone too.
Btw, SO sorry for the super long reply. I just can't help myself! Sorry!
---
Sigh.
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoConsoleGamer
#12VintageRonJohnPosted 7/4/2013 8:48:13 PM
It seems like a pretty straightforward numbers issue to me. We're spread out across the world, including a player from California teaming up with a player from the UK.

With other games, there are so many competitive players that this is a non issue: your clan is almost certainly all in the same time zone, and if you can't make a tournament, then another clan will be eager to fill that slot.

The popularity of this board is somewhat unique given the state of Conduit 2, but there are really only ~40 active competitive players in the game (a generous estimate) and that's spread out across the entire world--on Nintendo Wifi Connection.

Any attempts to enforce a consistent, week in and week out schedule will fail for this reason. The matches have to be treated on a case by case basis. Defaults though, or especially defaults for each clan (e.g. "D-S is regularly available Fridays 6-9pm") would be welcome. The best you could do is ask each clan to come up with one time of the week where they could regularly commit to playing--and even then, I think they'd have to cross off one or two members just to do that.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#13-HC-P4G(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 9:36:45 PM
VintageRonJohn posted...
It seems like a pretty straightforward numbers issue to me. We're spread out across the world, including a player from California teaming up with a player from the UK.

The popularity of this board is somewhat unique given the state of Conduit 2, but there are really only ~40 active competitive players in the game (a generous estimate) and that's spread out across the entire world--on Nintendo Wifi Connection.

Any attempts to enforce a consistent, week in and week out schedule will fail for this reason. The matches have to be treated on a case by case basis. Defaults though, or especially defaults for each clan (e.g. "D-S is regularly available Fridays 6-9pm") would be welcome. The best you could do is ask each clan to come up with one time of the week where they could regularly commit to playing--and even then, I think they'd have to cross off one or two members just to do that.

I'm very grateful for your input, and I will take all of this into consideration. The thing is, I am planning to schedule these on a case by case basis, in that (if this proposal gets the support it needs) I will be in talks with all parties involved to schedule all of the matches.
And perhaps it wouldn't be an everyone plays every weekend type deal. Perhaps it could just be one series per week, or something like that, as long as it's regular.
And as far as being on different continents- well, there's really not a whole lot that can be done about that.
---
Sigh.
#14CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/5/2013 6:08:34 AM
-HC-P4G posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...

I'm very grateful for your input, and I will take all of this into consideration. The thing is, I am planning to schedule these on a case by case basis, in that (if this proposal gets the support it needs) I will be in talks with all parties involved to schedule all of the matches.
And perhaps it wouldn't be an everyone plays every weekend type deal. Perhaps it could just be one series per week, or something like that, as long as it's regular.
And as far as being on different continents- well, there's really not a whole lot that can be done about that.

Last part is very true. :(
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#15aakify1Posted 7/5/2013 7:01:31 AM
[D-S] is getting a revival
---
Con2 -{Aakify FC: 5157-6690-9639}, [D-S]*Aakify FC: 1722-3986-4040
GE - {Aakify FC: 3457-0371-5948}
#16-HC-P4G(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 8:09:59 AM
aakify1 posted...
[D-S] is getting a revival

That's great! If you could keep me well informed on how that goes, it would be greatly appreciated.
---
Sigh.