The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

My Version of Standard C2 Competitive Rules

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/4/2013 3:55:41 PM
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT UNTIL I SAY TO DO SO

Hello guys, I'm making this post (And soon commentary, link will be up later) because it has been brought to my attention from Play4God, or NintendoConsoleGamer, that the Conduit 2 competitive rules, and well everything is broken, bad, and needs a structure, and a GOOD, long lasting structure that will stand until Conduit 2 is REALLY dead (Because its not, people still play this game, and a considerable amount when you think about the situation concerning Wii first person shooters) or Conduit 3 comes along, if that ever comes, ever. (I hope it does, but, for another time. lol)

First things first, ALL that I say regarding the rules, times, everything, is my opinion, and also ALMOST everything is re-workable, and the stuff that is not is because like 90% of the community is HATES it, or very strongly disagrees with it, and I can guarantee that the things that are not are just gameplay balances. So don't hate me or whatever for what i say, because most of it is re-workable.

Now that the introduction is out of the way, lets start with trying to organize everything with what could be a set of standard rules. Lets begin.

CLAN BATTLE TIMES, SIT IN, AND MORE

Its no doubt that the current whole thing of organizing when a clan battle is supposed to happen is garbage, however, that can be fixed, and what I'm thinking is just simple set standard times for them, lie we will say 7:00 PM EST, or 9:00 PM for clan battles on Friday, and Saturday. Why do this? Because it forces clan leaders to be ON TIME, as well as clan member to be ON TIME, if they are not ON TIME then they LOSE that game. Also, due to the time zones and just the pure fact that nobody is in the same time zone, like ever, that team should have a total of 1 or 2 team members that can sit in the match and just replace anybody that can not make that particular game, they also need to be readily available at anytime, those people are not required to play, but you run the risk of losing if one of your teammates are not there in a timely manner, just that what needs to happen. Also, there should be excaclty 3 v 3 ALWAYS in clan battles, no 4 v 4, or higher, maybe 2 v 2 if that is the specific situation that is called for, but generally, 3 v 3 always.

LOADOUT BANS, AND CUSTOM GAME SETTINGS

Ok, this is probably going to be either the most agreeable, or not, band some of these things can be worked on, but here we go.

WEAPON BANS

SMAW

This weapon is the most op weapon in the game, very easy to use, and you see like 30% to 70% of players use in public matches, pretty easy to see why this is banned.

Hive Cannon

This weapon, while I wouldn't say its "over powered" compared to the other stuff in C2, its over powered when you take the other stuff out of the game, its 100 round clip is plus having a explosive range like it does is very spray and pray heavy, so it needs to be taken out of the game.

Radiation Grenades

These are TO easy to use, and unless you use a certain perk, you will always die from them, just needs to be taken out in my opinion.

Flash Grenades

They have absolutely no counter whatsoever and are deepened if you are just lucky to dodge them, so in that regard, its op, and needs to be taken out of the game for competitive play.

TPC Launcher

Its just like the SMAW, but overall, less powerful, but still enough to warrent a ban.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT UNTIL I SAY TO DO SO
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#2CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 4:10:42 PM
PERK BANS

Reverse Damage

It almost goes with out saying that this perk is overpowered, that fact that like health is fully recovered in like 3 seconds is OVERPOWERED, it just is, many players that do well in matches are using the perk, and just needs to be taken out of the game, not just competive play, but out of the GAME, that's how overpowered it is.

Explosive Focus, and Improved Explosive.

While there are only two weapons that will benefit from this, (Frag and Shrieker) it still would enforce the skill required to play, just saying.

Phase Rifle Tuning

While is this is not op, its also unfair, and some people think the same as well, besides, it will again enforce skill for players who use the Phase Rifle.

GRAG BAG, OR HARDCORE, NOT BOTH

Some people might think this is crazy, but personally, I think its the way it should be, why? Because its a very drastic change in playing, and I believe there are fair amount of people that support one or the other, but both should not be included.

HOST SELECTION

For EVERY TEAM, the should be two people that has everyone's fc for both teams competing that game, so that whoever hosts will always be able to play in the said match and no one gets left behind, at all.

Thats what I'm feeling so far, if I need to make additions and such, I will present them to you guys, and come one, lets go ahead make this disccusion worth while, just please be nice, no rude comments at all. Thank you. :)

NOW YOU CAN POST COMMENTS AND SUCH.

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#3HangarD9Posted 7/4/2013 5:05:03 PM
Its a Joke?
#4CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:19:54 PM
HangarD9 posted...
Its a Joke?

What? NO, why the heck would this be a joke?!? THINK. Omgosh... smh...
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#5DerppopotamusPosted 7/4/2013 5:21:10 PM
I can agwee with most of this. Though I'm unsure about TPC. Its ridiculous on Sanctum, but other than that its not OP. Especially when Explosive Focus is out of the picture.

I'm really awful with the TPC and rarely use it. Only time I've ever seen someone do good with it is on Sanctum.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#6CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:27:59 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
I can agwee with most of this. Though I'm unsure about TPC. Its ridiculous on Sanctum, but other than that its not OP. Especially when Explosive Focus is out of the picture.

I'm really awful with the TPC and rarely use it. Only time I've ever seen someone do good with it is on Sanctum.

Well the TPC launcher and others aside from RD, SMAW, and some others, they are all reworkable, but for the most part, the TPC is a tad to strong, imo.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#7MindesynPosted 7/4/2013 5:31:35 PM
I got directed here from Mey and I agree with her.

This is for the beginners bracket. All hail Cmo! King n00b!
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!
#8HangarD9Posted 7/4/2013 5:43:07 PM
the most stupid post never seen on gamefaqs, Cmo, you need to get out from C2
#9MindesynPosted 7/4/2013 5:54:05 PM
HangarD9 posted...
the most stupid post never seen on gamefaqs, Cmo, you need to get out from C2

If we followed these rules our war wouldnt of even happened HD9
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#10HangarD9Posted 7/4/2013 6:06:41 PM
The players will make what they want, we dont need rules like these