My Version of Standard C2 Competitive Rules

#31MindesynPosted 7/5/2013 12:28:05 PM
HangarD9 posted...
My Apologies, i dont knew it shymp

Its not a big deal HD9. Cmo was on the board months ago, with ideas on how to turn it into a CoD clone, he got laughed off the board then, and he will get laughed off the board now.

The basic point is this: We got a system for competitive gameplay in an obscure Wii FPS all worked out, it took trial and error, and arguments and what not, but its there, we have wars, we have fun, thats all that matters. This isnt MLG son and it never will be.
Chain worked the outlines for 1v1s and 2v2s in the Battle Ladder, I have never found a problem with PMIng your opponent and hammering out details.

[LC] vs HUNT was a clan war that took place 2 weeks ago, and it was done completely away from the board, they had no idea how to set one up or whatever, we used our structure, it was fair in their eyes, we warred, respect all around.

Now if this docket is adopted for clan battles and a clan like D-S that ban nothing come into the mix, should they have to abide by these rules? They want the game in its purest form. Skill vs Skill, not nerfing Brennan's SPAS cause he wrecks with it, or Mike's carby. You are then getting a watered down version of that player, you want to make it FAIR?! Get some AI and set it to easy.

There is no way Cmo is on the same level as someone like Symph, nerf him, take his perks, make him not fire a gun. Still not on his level. YOu cant balance two clans evenly, there is always a shift in power. LC have a clan war tomorrow, all the bans completely nerf all my loadouts. Thats fine. Im not playing in it. I would be left with melee, not ideal for our lineup. Doesnt mean I have to stack more bans to nerf Mey or Letha1 to compensate.

We gonna be left with Aegis and AR-C if we listen to you.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked
#32CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 12:39:44 PM
Umadbro?

I think he mad.

lol

You know, its funny, i didn't get laughed off the board, just people disagreed with me, and like any normal human being, people change, some of those things i don't like any more, like increasing the overall bullet damage of weapons, I think its kinda pointless now that I think about it. lol

But some other things, like attachments, I think that would be awesome, could expand on the customization of the game.

I do play CoD, enjoy Cod, and Conduit 2, and can do both honestly, also, fun-fact: The Conduit is the reason why I'm even playing FPS's in the first place, only other FPS game I played before then was Metroid Prime Hunters, and even then, wasn't all that much.

I don't hate you, don't despise you, but I do despise the comments some of you guys make, kind of reminds me of the CoD community (Which is absolutely horrible at the moment) and some of you aren't far behind some of them to be honest...
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#33MindesynPosted 7/5/2013 1:04:55 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
I don't hate you, don't despise you, but I do despise the comments some of you guys make, kind of reminds me of the CoD community (Which is absolutely horrible at the moment) and some of you aren't far behind some of them to be honest...

Who said anything about hating you? I dont hate you. Also has it occured to you that some of us ARE part of the CoD community?
You can dislike our comments for being to the point and blunt, knock yourself out, you can hate em because they make sense, you can hate em cause you think they are loads of BS. Makes no matter to me, I aint even mad, I dont play the game anymore besides clan matches, Im not adopting your rules, not many will due to the inactivity of most clans.

You were just too late. Thats all.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!
#34CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 1:11:43 PM
Mindesyn posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Who said anything about hating you? I dont hate you. Also has it occured to you that some of us ARE part of the CoD community?
You can dislike our comments for being to the point and blunt, knock yourself out, you can hate em because they make sense, you can hate em cause you think they are loads of BS. Makes no matter to me, I aint even mad, I dont play the game anymore besides clan matches, Im not adopting your rules, not many will due to the inactivity of most clans.

You were just too late. Thats all.

Hmm, honestly don't see you not being mad at me, you mention me and Gabe in a negative light quite a lot now, so, if that's really the case, stop talking about us. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#35MindesynPosted 7/5/2013 1:35:39 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Hmm, honestly don't see you not being mad at me, you mention me and Gabe in a negative light quite a lot now, so, if that's really the case, stop talking about us. :)

Im not talking ABOUT you, Im talking TO you. There is a distinct difference. I dont mention you in a negative light. You guys put yourselves in that light.
Also I figured you would concentrate on the actual discussion not whether or not Friendship is Magic.
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#36CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 1:46:46 PM
Mindesyn posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Im not talking ABOUT you, Im talking TO you. There is a distinct difference. I dont mention you in a negative light. You guys put yourselves in that light.
Also I figured you would concentrate on the actual discussion not whether or not Friendship is Magic.

O rly?

Me: If I'm going in for a match or however many, I would very much so ban RD, and SMAW, don't want anybody running around with those op things.

You: Yes, yes we know you cant deal with one rocket, and 10 seconds of regen. Its a bad joke by now.

I don't believe you, at all.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#37MindesynPosted 7/5/2013 2:06:53 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
You: Yes, yes we know you cant deal with one rocket, and 10 seconds of regen. Its a bad joke by now.

I don't believe you, at all.

Yes you have been on the board since pre-launch Im aware of this miracle, yet you never have seen a million topics about SMAW and RD? You arnt tired of them by now? You have to jump on the SMAW bandwagon 2 years after the game is out? If you wanna check the archives under "SMAW" have at it. If you cant figure that out, Ill gladly make a YouTube video showing you how. Id imagine you are savvy with the internet tho.
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#38_SignalPosted 7/5/2013 2:11:18 PM
I'm not really sure why this debate is continuing.

Why would we ever want anyone to leave the forum when we are so small already? It's not as though there are fifty to a hundred new threads to sift through every day to find the one's which are interesting to us personally.

Standardized rules won't work for all clans Cmo. An attempt to establish standard rules and guidelines is a good concept, and was already tried once before by Jaye about a year ago. Unfortunately not everyone was willing to embrace them then. In principle Jaye, Cmo's idea isn't so different than yours when you tried to establish them here before. It sounds like LC has succeeded at establishing it away from here.

It's just tough to apply the same "rules" to everyone, even the standard play times will cause problems for some.

Speaking of away from here, isn't it possible that it's a better idea to work out all of the details of the match in public? If we did that, the guys that have never seen the process can learn how clan battles are setup. Doesn't that make more sense? Like I said, it's not like there's so much traffic here that threads are getting buried.

The only problem I see with working them out in public is having a bunch of people post opinions that aren't associated with either clan. But surely we could deal with that problem.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#39-HC-P4GPosted 7/5/2013 2:11:44 PM
Mindesyn posted...
HangarD9 posted...

The basic point is this: We got a system for competitive gameplay in an obscure Wii FPS all worked out, it took trial and error, and arguments and what not, but its there, we have wars, we have fun, thats all that matters. This isnt MLG and it never will be.
Chain worked the outlines for 1v1s and 2v2s in the Battle Ladder, I have never found a problem with PMIng your opponent and hammering out details.

There is no way Cmo is on the same level as someone like Symph, nerf him, take his perks, make him not fire a gun. Still not on his level. YOu cant balance two clans evenly, there is always a shift in power. LC have a clan war tomorrow, all the bans completely nerf all my loadouts. Thats fine. Im not playing in it. I would be left with melee, not ideal for our lineup. Doesnt mean I have to stack more bans to nerf Mey or Letha1 to compensate.

You have shown more skill and talent for completely and utterly missing the point than I ever thought possible. Not only that, but it seems that you simply do not know how banning works.

The point of banning things is not to bring good players to their knees. It is the exact opposite. The point is to take away the things that artificially give weaker players a chance.

No one's trying to balance clans. Someone has to win, after all, right? The point is that weak players/clans should never be able to compete with strong ones simply because they use cheap tactics.

Also. Banning affects everyone. No one is allowed to use banned things. If cheap tactics can be somewhat nerfed, it makes way for real skill based battles. The point is not to simply strip one player
of his power so the weaker player can have a chance.

Let's take your example. Cmo, no disrespect, but Symph is probably the better player. So, let's say (again, no disrespect, just an example) that Cmo wants to use the SMAW and RD since nothing is banned. Symph is above that, because he doesn't like using that sort of thing (I'm completely making this up, by the way, no idea how he actually feels about things like that). So, Cmo decides to sit in a corner, and wait for Symph to walk by. When Symph does, he plops down a rad, sits in it, completely invincible, and blows Symph away. Now, if you'd like to tell me how that's skill vs. skill, I encourage you to go right ahead.

Also, I realize this is kind of a late reply, I've been a bit busy.
---
Sigh.
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoConsoleGamer
#40CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 2:26:26 PM
-HC-P4G posted...
Mindesyn posted...
HangarD9 posted...

The basic point is this: We got a system for competitive gameplay in an obscure Wii FPS all worked out, it took trial and error, and arguments and what not, but its there, we have wars, we have fun, thats all that matters. This isnt MLG and it never will be.

You have shown more skill and talent for completely and utterly missing the point than I ever thought possible. Not only that, but it seems that you simply do not know how banning works.

The point of banning things is not to bring good players to their knees. It is the exact opposite. The point is to take away the things that artificially give weaker players a chance.

No one's trying to balance clans. Someone has to win, after all, right? The point is that weak players/clans should never be able to compete with strong ones simply because they use cheap tactics.

Also. Banning affects everyone. No one is allowed to use banned things. If cheap tactics can be somewhat nerfed, it makes way for real skill based battles. The point is not to simply strip one player
of his power so the weaker player can have a chance.

Let's take your example. Cmo, no disrespect, but Symph is probably the better player. So, let's say (again, no disrespect, just an example) that Cmo wants to use the SMAW and RD since nothing is banned. Symph is above that, because he doesn't like using that sort of thing (I'm completely making this up, by the way, no idea how he actually feels about things like that). So, Cmo decides to sit in a corner, and wait for Symph to walk by. When Symph does, he plops down a rad, sits in it, completely invincible, and blows Symph away. Now, if you'd like to tell me how that's skill vs. skill, I encourage you to go right ahead.

Also, I realize this is kind of a late reply, I've been a bit busy.

My thoughts right there, also, he/she (I think Symph is girl? Idk, tell me if I'm wrong. lol) is better than me. Have not even got a RoT yet. xD Though got VERY close while using the CCP, wish i recorded it. lol
---
Conduit, More, Often.