My Version of Standard C2 Competitive Rules

#61B05S_BrennanPosted 7/7/2013 10:21:08 AM(edited)
I think all we need to ban is SMAW, Phase Tuning and Widowmaker. Those are what the board has always banned, at least since I came here. If I want more things banned, I request to ban them in the challenge thread. If the other clan agrees, great. If they don't, we negotiate. If we can't agree on something, we won't have the war.

However, I do think we need to make a standard ruleset for things like match length, points to kill, etc. Then we won't have decide that every time there's a challenge.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#62MindesynPosted 7/7/2013 10:25:22 AM
Agree with Brennan.
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#63CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/7/2013 10:35:22 AM
LigersRule posted...
Wait, is this topic for real?

You can't create a standard set of rules for the entire community. That MIGHT work if this was MLG, and we were playing competitively for money. But this isn't CoD or Halo. This isn't StarCraft. This game isn't even on the level of Pokemon. Those games are competitive, and there are actually such things as pro players for those. But persistent bans only work on a massive scale like that. On a minor scale, things should be worked out on a Case-by-case basis. Not standardized.

It works best like this: Each clan leader knows their players. Knows what they want and what they don't. Then the 2 clan leaders talk, and debate what should and should not be banned. If you can't work it with your current lineup, try again with some different players in mind.

But trying to set a standardized list of rules for a game that's competitive scene is so tiny? Never going to work.

I believe if you read the OP, that is addressed.
How many times have clan, or individual matches been delayed for weeks while rules are being worked out?

The problem with that is, without a general consensus, or general community guidelines, A team is free to demand almost whatever they want, and force the other team to comply.
It sucks being jerked around to follow somebody elses rules, not to mention that its competativly stupid, and can delay matches for ridiculous amounts of time

Also, its obvious this game is somewhat competitive.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#64LigersRulePosted 7/7/2013 10:56:06 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
A team is free to demand almost whatever they want, and force the other team to comply.
It sucks being jerked around to follow somebody elses rules

B05S_Brennan posted...
If I want... things banned, I request to ban them in the challenge thread. If the other clan agrees, great. If they don't, we negotiate. If we can't agree on something, we won't have the war.

A slightly edited version of Brennan's post shows how I feel.

CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Also, its obvious this game is somewhat competitive.

Sorry, you and I are using the word "competitive" to mean two different things. When Conduit 2 has people that play it 10+ hours a day and make a living doing it, THEN I'll say it's competitive like StarCraft is. But it's silly making a set of rules to be followed when nobody cares who wins or loses. It doesn't ruin my day if I go 1-20 in game, because it's not serious.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#65CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/7/2013 11:03:31 AM(edited)
LigersRule posted...

it's silly making a set of rules to be followed when nobody cares who wins or loses. It doesn't ruin my day if I go 1-20 in game, because it's not serious.

You seem to be looking at competitive as a binary, either it is, or it isn't.
Games can be competitive without needing to be the same level as starcraft.

Also, people do care.
Otherwise, why would so much time be being spent by both sides trying to bend the ruleset to their own advantage?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#66LigersRulePosted 7/7/2013 11:07:55 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
LigersRule posted...

it's silly making a set of rules to be followed when nobody cares who wins or loses. It doesn't ruin my day if I go 1-20 in game, because it's not serious.

Also, people do care.
Otherwise, why would so much time be being spent by both sides trying to bend the ruleset to their own advantage?

I guess I just don't think it's worth caring about. I'm open to any bans, really, because winning or losing doesn't make a difference to me. I always had more fun playing with samu than I ever did with playing randoms that I was on an even level with.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#67xXAISPXxPosted 7/7/2013 11:31:36 AM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
LigersRule posted...

Also, people do care.

I guess I just don't think it's worth caring about. I'm open to any bans, really, because winning or losing doesn't make a difference to me. I always had more fun playing with samu than I ever did with playing randoms that I was on an even level with.

I also enjoy playing with Samu a lot, no matter what my spread is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#68CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/7/2013 11:55:25 AM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
LigersRule posted...

Also, people do care.

Well, it isn't worth caring about.
At least not anymore than a starcraft match.

I've played, and I've been involved with competition before.
The people I played brawl with, who dragged me off to tournys, played brawl as a major supplement to their income. One of them is the best sonic player in the world, and got to play M2K at a national tourny,
When they play competitively, do you think they're stone cold serious?
No.

Last weekend was maryhill festival of speed.
An international gravity sport event ( Aka, Downhill longboarding, luge, and gravity bike )
Hundreds of dollars to enter, 10's of thousands of dollars in the pot.
I've got a few friends who entered, were sponsored. I'm the one who built and designed most of their boards, their trucks. I'm not competing directly ( though I could have ) I treat it as competitively as I were there directly because I want to see the stuff I built do well.
But if we slide out and miss a turn, and end up blowing the race, Does it ruin my day?
No.
I have the same tone dealing with Maryhill, as I do with a serious match in Con2, Tcon, Brawl, Geist, MPH, NGNTS. Fighting Samu, or Fighting Sig.

My friend who just finished racing luge last weekend is right now in Colorado, taking a paid, fully sponsored trip, to go race lawnmowers.
Its a sponsored event, with sponsored riders, Hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars put into equipment, Hundreds of man hours building, And then of course all the time and money to get to the event, all in an attempt to bring home some money from the pot.

Is this any less competitive than COD or Halo?
Could it possibly be more competitive?

I think you somehow have a false idea of what the tone of high level competition really is.
And its really not all that different from a con2 clan, or battle ladder match.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#69LigersRulePosted 7/7/2013 12:49:34 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
I think you somehow have a false idea of what the tone of high level competition really is.

Hmm. I guess all the pro StarCraft matches I've watched weren't real then? The ones where the winner get's ~$20,000 or more? Because the tone is pretty serious.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#70CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/7/2013 1:55:16 PM
LigersRule posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Hmm. I guess all the pro StarCraft matches I've watched weren't real then? The ones where the winner get's ~$20,000 or more? Because the tone is pretty serious.

Does the loser walk off, with their day completely ruined, and a frown on their face.
Or are they smiling and talking about how they're going to win next time?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656