Do we really want the SMAW nerfed?

#21CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/12/2013 5:02:25 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Also, combine with a heavly nerfed damge at the start would be good.

Ex: Point blank range: 75 - 20 dmg explosive range, explosive kill range 1.4 meters (overall range 2.8 meters) direct impact dmg, 25+ (In addition to the 75 dmg.)

Long range: 129 - 75 explosive dmg, explosive range 2.8 (Overall range is 3.8 meters), direct impact dmg, 25+ (In addition to the 129 explosive range dmg)

I think that would work, also no improved explosives, or explosive focus, and the damage control point has no effect over the SMAW.

Uh... I don't think any of that would be necessary.

I mean, short of the ability to abuse it, that is, the ability to create situations where you can get kills with virtually no risk, its balance is not that bad.

Well, kinda, but I do feel it needs sometype of re-blance though.

One other thing we can do is this:

Raw dmg: 105 (Same as frag)

Kill range: 2.8 meters, max range, 5.3 meters. (only 0.3 meters bigger than the frag in kill range and overall range)

Still unaffected by the damage control point.

I think that could work. Thoughts?
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#22Loremas1861Posted 7/12/2013 5:05:54 PM
So instead of wanting it be nerfed, you people want the SMAW rebalanced eh?
#23_SignalPosted 7/12/2013 5:07:34 PM
Actually just make it spawn with a single rocket, and have any kills which are associated with a suicide not count.

That's all it really needs, but I like the more damage the more distance it travels... up to a point.

I wouldn't want to get killed from all the way across the map by a missile that landed far from me.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#24CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/12/2013 5:24:18 PM
_Signal posted...
I like the more damage the more distance it travels... up to a point.

I wouldn't want to get killed from all the way across the map by a missile that landed far from me.

*stand at the farest side of Agarta* SMAW N00BZ CAN'T HIT MEH!! :D

*SMAW missle lands 80 meters away from player and kills him*

O.o

Must of been over 9,000 damage...
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#25CheslukPosted 7/12/2013 5:46:13 PM
Actually just make it spawn with a single rocket, and have any kills which are associated with a suicide not count.

You people have terrible concepts of balance.

That's all it really needs, but I like the more damage the more distance it travels... up to a point.

It's damage ramp up, not a radius multiplier.
---
"I like how people boast on the board, yet when they touch Hardcore, they're worst than the C2 AI" -Samu5
http://i.imgur.com/D401r.png
#26CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/12/2013 6:10:30 PM
Chesluk posted...

You people have terrible concepts of balance.

It's damage ramp up, not a radius multiplier.

Well, actually, the higher the damage is the more the radius would get bigger in terms of ohk range.

Lets say at 6 meters, the damage is from 130 at the center to 40 to the edge of the blast.

Now, according to this way to nerf the SMAW, the longer it travels, the higher the damage is right?

Now, lets say we multiply that range x4...

24 meters, and now the damage is 520, and the edge is 160, so now, if you at all get hit by the rocket, YOU WILL DIE NO MATTER WHAT because even the edge is overkill. (The highest amount of hp you can have 140) So effectively, you have made the range bigger, at least the ohk range, which is the most important part of a explosive weapon by far.

Now, obviously, the rocket won't do that much damage, but, that is an extreme example to illustrate the point, just take it as such please.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#27Hawke0Posted 7/12/2013 6:18:20 PM(edited)
I once had the idea to replace it with the M202A2, a four barreled rocket launcher. Make each shot do, say, 30-35 damage and the shots travel quickly with a moderate rate of fire, and it has a rather small radius. Alternatively, have it do 20 damage per shot and have a high RoF. Shots start out Aegis Device speed but quickly gain speed and damage past 5 meters, for a maximum of 40 damage and slightly faster than Deatomizer shots. The radius remains small. I don't know about the exact numbers, but I think the idea is good. It's certainly more interesting than a standard rocket launcher like the SMAW.
@Cmo then the outer parts of the radius could have a smaller increase. Dead center and out to 50% is 150, 50%-80% is 90 (a one hit kill against unarmored targets if you have the attack CP), and 80%-100% is 75. Explosive Focus and improved explosives increase the 90 damage radius and nothing else, giving more strategic value to the attack CP.
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#28CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/12/2013 6:16:46 PM
Hawke0 posted...
I once had the idea to replace it with the M202A2, a four barreled rocket launcher. Make each shot do, say, 30-35 damage and the shots travel quickly with a moderate rate of fire, and it has a rather small radius. Alternatively, have it do 20 damage per shot and have a high RoF. Shots start out Aegis Device speed but quickly gain speed and damage past 5 meters, for a maximum of 40 damage and slightly faster than Deatomizer shots. The radius remains small. I don't know about the exact numbers, but I think the idea is good. It's certainly more interesting than a standard rocket launcher like the SMAW.

Well, might be a tad to fast from what I'm getting, but, I like it. lol
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#29Hawke0Posted 7/12/2013 6:21:14 PM
at close range it's slow and impossible to get a kill though, even with all the shots. Rapid acceleration and damage increase are necessary to make it viable at medium and long range, keeping it from being UP.
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
The One and Only True Mr.Ford