Over powered weapons

#21TheOmegaShenPosted 7/15/2013 7:46:22 AM
Hawke0 posted...
I seem to be the only person who thinks PR Spec should be banned instead of Tuning.

Yeah.
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#22-HC-P4GPosted 7/15/2013 7:47:48 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
FaLc0niZWaSTeD posted...
That's the problem. Any moron can do well with the SMAW, or at least go positive. That isn't balance. People like to ignore the idea of imbalance, but that's partially why this game is so f***ed up. Yesterday on Streets, there were so many TPCs and SMAW rockets raining in our base that the audio glitched, causing a screeching roar. Explosives should be very limited, and they sure as hell shouldn't be things you can spawn with.

I had the same problem yesterday, with a side of radiation grenades, frags, para mites, and black holes.
I had fun counting frames.

If you have trouble going to sleep, turn on Conduit 2, mute the volume, and count the frames.
---
Caffeine Free Diet Coke is, by far, the most hideous abomination of the Coca-Cola product line.
#23xXAISPXxPosted 7/15/2013 7:48:20 AM
Ventus2a posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
There's nothing wrong with bans in Clan Wars, or asking for the game to be balanced. It's when people start being nasty to other players that it gets out of hand.

Why ban weapons in clan wars? All it says is that you want everyone to play the game the same way you do. I find the "run and bunny hopping with the SPAS" to be boring.

Depending on the persons latency, certain loadouts have significant advantage. Let all players choose what works for them.

The SMAW has no more advantage or disadvantage than any other loadout in a given situation. It is a good mid-range weapon, but it is slow to reload and is limited on ammo. C2 gave it a significant disadvantage with the lack of persistence of the shell if the shooter is killed (same with TPC).

Noob's with a SMAW are easy to kill and are great ammo dumps ;-). I find it funny that they think using the SMAW will help them do better. Yes, you can get a few kills but neither high number or positive kill ratio are likely.

The biggest complaint I see about the SMAW is it tends to disrupt streaks of some run and gun players so they want it banned so that can play "their" game.

Hey, Ventus.

A SMAW 1 v 1 with this guy is quite something.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii
#24B05S_BrennanPosted 7/15/2013 2:00:10 PM
Ventus2a posted...
Why ban weapons in clan wars? All it says is that you want everyone to play the game the same way you do. I find the "run and bunny hopping with the SPAS" to be boring.

Depending on the persons latency, certain loadouts have significant advantage. Let all players choose what works for them.

The SMAW has no more advantage or disadvantage than any other loadout in a given situation. It is a good mid-range weapon, but it is slow to reload and is limited on ammo. C2 gave it a significant disadvantage with the lack of persistence of the shell if the shooter is killed (same with TPC).

Noob's with a SMAW are easy to kill and are great ammo dumps ;-). I find it funny that they think using the SMAW will help them do better. Yes, you can get a few kills but neither high number or positive kill ratio are likely.

I think you misunderstood my post a bit. I don't believe there should be standard bans that are forced for all clan wars. If both teams agree on allowing the SMAW, that's fine. But if they feel the game is more balanced without it, why have it in the match?

I get that some people think having bans means you don't have skill at the game, because it's all part of the game. But on the other hand, some people might feel that certain weapons function as a ban, because it may severely limit the loadouts you can effectively use, potentially degrading competitive play to revolve around a few loadouts and/or styles. People do and don't want bans for the same reason. That's why bans should be decided between two clans, and if they don't agree, they don't play.

The biggest complaint I see about the SMAW is it tends to disrupt streaks of some run and gun players so they want it banned so that can play "their" game.

I personally find the SMAW to be more punishing to the careful, methodical players that are trying to use the strategic weapons. It seems to me that the run 'n gunners survive the SMAW more than then they do.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured