Since clans sem to be booming, we need to come up with an official banlist.

#81Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 6:27:16 PM
Okay Symph, how about a compromise; You want PR Tuning banned instead of Specialization, we want EF/Hive Cannon/SMAW banned. We go with your choice of PR nerf, and my broken trio (FE7 references ftw) ban.
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#82CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/15/2013 7:05:13 PM
Mindesyn posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Back on topic,
Here are my recommendations...

Disagree with pretty much all of it. SMAW is fine.
Widow and RD arnt game breaking in clan wars. Experienced clan war veterans will know this.
Nice attempt at a long thought out post. However, since I disagree, Im gonna take a page out of your book and just say, since I disagree with it, it cant be done, and for you to move on.

How in the world is that a page from my book?

And its not that they are broken, its that RD and Widowmaker Fests are incredibly stupid and pointless, and I don't think anybody really cares all too much about the cost.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#83_SignalPosted 7/15/2013 9:05:07 PM
Doesn't PR tuning just promote a spawn camping situation?

It seems like anytime someone has PR tuning that knows what they're doing, they use it to exploit spawn camping.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#84CheslukPosted 7/16/2013 12:07:22 AM
PR shouldn't really be allowed any perks in competitive. Spec is just dumb because it turns it into a point and click score generator, Penetration lets you sit from the third floor of Pentagon and kill as far as the enemy sewer entrance, Tuning enables random death with no warning and no justifiable counter. The only concrete counter to the PR is Stealth, but that means you have to be moving slowly behind cover, which is nice in theory but shows how useless it is with two other people against you. DA just means the guy using the PR is more likely to get an assist. I'd also argue for the inclusion of limits on power sets (one PR/RD/Turret per team).
---
"You're just jealous of my tacticalness." -XboxAhoy
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#85VintageRonJohnPosted 7/16/2013 5:46:22 AM
Chesluk posted...
PR shouldn't really be allowed any perks in competitive. Spec is just dumb because it turns it into a point and click score generator, Penetration lets you sit from the third floor of Pentagon and kill as far as the enemy sewer entrance, Tuning enables random death with no warning and no justifiable counter. The only concrete counter to the PR is Stealth, but that means you have to be moving slowly behind cover, which is nice in theory but shows how useless it is with two other people against you. DA just means the guy using the PR is more likely to get an assist. I'd also argue for the inclusion of limits on power sets (one PR/RD/Turret per team).

Never understood why there's so much hate for the phase rifle.

Pentagon is the problem. I hate that guy. I would always vote against Pentagon, given the chance. On any other map the PR is fine with a perk or two.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#861PefrogPosted 7/16/2013 6:19:57 AM
VintageRonJohn posted...
Chesluk posted...

Never understood why there's so much hate for the phase rifle.

Pentagon is the problem. I hate that guy. I would always vote against Pentagon, given the chance. On any other map the PR is fine with a perk or two.

Don't forget about Phaserifelia (aka Agartha).
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#87CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/16/2013 7:15:59 AM
Chesluk posted...
I'd also argue for the inclusion of limits on power sets (one PR/RD/Turret per team).

The only reason I don't like this, is its just one more thing to complicate organizing a match.

That and... Doesn't work so well in spontaneous friendlies, and doesn't help at all in 1V1s.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#88CheslukPosted 7/16/2013 8:16:01 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
The only reason I don't like this, is its just one more thing to complicate organizing a match.

You figure out who's using what and if you aren't using it take it out of your loadouts. Simple.

That and... Doesn't work so well in spontaneous friendlies, and doesn't help at all in 1V1s.

Friendlies shouldn't need to stick to comp rules and this is focused on clans.
---
"You're just jealous of my tacticalness." -XboxAhoy
http://i.imgur.com/uB5U6.jpg
#89CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/16/2013 8:19:31 AM
I haven't really read anything except for the first and last pages tbh, mostly because I don't have WiFi except at BK, so I'm just gonna make a list of all the things I feel should be banned in comp play, don't expect a response unless you comment within the 45 mins or till tommarow. (BK is about 15 - 20 min walk away from my house, 40 - 30 mins tottal)

Weapon bans: SMAW, Hive Cannon.

SMAW is a unbalaced/op weapon, and so is the Hive Cannon, just fact, and its obvious why.

Perk bans: PR Tuning, Reverse Damage.

PR Tuning should be banned because there is a random element for tuned players, they nevrr know when they are being tuned in short. + RD should be banned, because unless they are one shot killed, they are invincible pretty much.

Perks that should not be banned: PR Spec, Double Armor, Window Maker Spec.

PR Spec should not be banned because the PR is dramaticly underpowered because ofthe slow RoF, clip size, and other factors, also, because of that, double armor shouldnot be banned, however, if that person is using the PR, they cannot use Improved Ballistics, because with PR Spec, The dmg Control Point, and IB, it negates the effects of Double Armor.

Also, widowmaker spec should mot be banned because you can just use flash grenades or Stealth to counter it, and yes, it flash grenades counter it easily.

I'll add other stuff later, I'll respond in about 30, 40 mins or tommarow. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#90MindesynPosted 7/16/2013 2:53:57 PM
Can someone do Chain a favor and make a competitive 1v1 banlist thread so his ideas and posts actually have merit behind them? Cause he's just embarrassing himself in this one.

The one PR/Widow/RD user per team rule. isnt complicated in the least, unless your clan is that disorganized and has that much lack of communication, in which case if B05S shows up with two RD users, oh well. Just play anyways, cause if we fight about bans forever, the wars never happen, and the game isnt competitive anymore, its a debate game.

This board sees more competitive activity then the actual game its dedicated to.

Once again, pro swimmer that never got in a pool.
---
Black Ops 2: Mindesyn
Sucks to be you cause I hack to counter hack hackers like you that hack so hackers gone legit dont get hacked