Is this game active?

#11StarWolfff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 11:58:18 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Well Wolf, I should tell you, its really NOT like TCon. It's almost a completely different beast. The fundamentals are there, but the setup was changed drastically from the first game.

That said, MANY of the Tcon vets hated it :/

I personally found it to be a great game, even if I preferred Tcon slightly. IMO its well worth your time to check it out.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. If that's the case, how are the multiplayer core elements? Are the weapons balanced? Is it plagued by glitches like TCon was? Do we still have to deal with the explosive weapon set?
---
The Conduit: StarWolf
TEC || The Elite Connection
#12PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/16/2013 12:08:12 PM
StarWolfff posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Well Wolf, I should tell you, its really NOT like TCon. It's almost a completely different beast. The fundamentals are there, but the setup was changed drastically from the first game.

That said, MANY of the Tcon vets hated it :/

I personally found it to be a great game, even if I preferred Tcon slightly. IMO its well worth your time to check it out.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. If that's the case, how are the multiplayer core elements? Are the weapons balanced? Is it plagued by glitches like TCon was? Do we still have to deal with the explosive weapon set?

Well, I'll go ahead and address the weapon sets by saying there are no more weapon sets. They went with loadouts ala Call of Duty this time, so basically anyone can carry any weapon at any time... even SMAWS. ...yeah, take that for what you will lol.

Atleast there are perks to slightly combat SMAW use, so it's not a total bust.

As far as glitches and hacks, I haven't played in ages, so I dont know what the climate is like these days. I know there were a few issues, but nothing really as gamebreaking like the issues in Tcon.

As far as weapon balance goes, thats still up for debate to this day, ages after the game has released.

That said, its definitely a unique experience in which you come across a billion and one different tactics at a time, and learning to overcome them is probably the most enjoyable aspect.

Hope this helps :)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#13CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/16/2013 12:32:42 PM
Apparently I'm not as good as remembering names as other people.

The biggest disadvantage con2 has to Tcon, aside from game design preference, Is probably going to be lag. Though they did do a good job of reducing suicide pacts.

Glitches and hackers are almost a non issue, particularly late at night.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#14FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/16/2013 12:53:40 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

The biggest disadvantage con2 has to Tcon, aside from game design preference, Is probably going to be lag. Though they did do a good job of reducing suicide pacts.

Just earlier I played APB_PWN, who has some infinite DS s*** going on (the primary fire) and glitched under the stairs on Streets. The noise from the Darkstar, man. SO GODDAMN ANNOYING.
---
C2: 2624-4172-0821
#15StarWolfff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:42:41 PM
Alright one more question. I heard this game is compatible with the classic controller pro. Is there an advantage to using it online? Also, did they take away the lock-on?
---
The Conduit: StarWolf
TEC || The Elite Connection
#16PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/16/2013 1:49:34 PM
StarWolfff posted...
Alright one more question. I heard this game is compatible with the classic controller pro. Is there an advantage to using it online? Also, did they take away the lock-on?

Lock on is still there in the standard modes, but not in the hardcore game types. Last I checked, most of the online population didn't play hardcore.

As for the classic controller, it does support it, but I never used it so I really cant comment. I know you can't use lock on with the CC though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#17CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/16/2013 3:12:52 PM
Most people play HC, it's just that there are never any games going.

You'll have to make a thread announcing you're going into HC or something.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#18xXAISPXxPosted 7/16/2013 4:43:21 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
LigersRule posted...
You guys are looking at one of the best TCon players there was. Next to impossible to beat.

Cool.

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, Halo Reach, Halo 4
#19xXAISPXxPosted 7/16/2013 4:48:08 PM
StarWolfff posted...

It really depends on what you feel is ideal. I like using a wide range if pixels with the Wi remote, so I use the Wii Motion Plus. The CCP allows you to perform blocky movements, like the Xbox.

I would never be able to play with the CCP in both Conduit games (Yes, I did also play The Conduit). I felt that the traditional Wii Remote promotes the ability to fire and run at the same time for me a bit more conveniently than the CCP.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee
Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, Halo Reach, Halo 4
#20The21stgunPosted 7/16/2013 6:54:19 PM
FaLc0niZWaSTeD posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Just earlier I played APB_PWN, who has some infinite DS s*** going on (the primary fire) and glitched under the stairs on Streets. The noise from the Darkstar, man. SO GODDAMN ANNOYING.

I feel you man. MSM kept doing that and the sound is drilled in my ears.......

So many painful memories.....
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: xXWARXSWITCHXx 3ds fc: 4468-1457-3557 (pm if added me) C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517