The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Competitive play: yay or nay?

#1hc-valkiriaPosted 7/18/2013 11:25:45 AM
I feel like I first haven't even confirmed that we want a competitive system of battling for this game.
I also ask because it seems like nobody is really eager to start using the conduit2hub. Since I can't post a poll, please comment saying whether or not you indeed want to make this game into a competitive scene. Im personally up for it. How about you?
#2FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/18/2013 11:51:17 AM
Yes, but we'll never get a true competitive community. There's just not enough popularity and people. Not to mention that even trying to make a competitive ruleset has been chaos, since everyone has their own little biases and intolerances.
---
C2: 2624-4172-0821
#3-HC-P4GPosted 7/18/2013 12:22:58 PM
Y-e-s.
---
Help!
#4--Hope--Posted 7/18/2013 1:12:08 PM(edited)
Yes. The conduit 1 should have some weapons taken from it though. Take the scar from c1 and make it a silenced scar, nerf it a little and it's good to go. Keep the burst fire for aiming down sights, and make hip fire semi auto single shot.

Scar:
- Primary fire: Single shot semi auto.
- Secondary: thermal sights (with a max range of 30 meters) burst fire
- Ammo capacity: 20 bullets per clip.

Smaw:
- Primary fire: Single shot ( splash damage of 3 meters)
-Secondary: Iron sights, slight homing capability of maybe 10% or so..reduced splash damage.

Those are good weapons (after having been tweaked) right there. Dampen the smaw's radius and maybe nerf it so it does 90% health drain instead of %100. Few tweaks like that, additions of new guns and the game will be great. What the heck does ^this have to do with the topic? It makes spammers need to actually be good at using the weapons instead of spray and suicide tactics. Now removing such annoying spam issues makes competitive gameplay much more....unique. :)

Any comments, negetive or positive send to my post mail box. Don't start a troll fight on valkiria's topic.
---
0906-3982-2148--[R.S.L]Hope C2 FC
---------------------For the best players on C2: /http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE
#5_SignalPosted 7/18/2013 1:20:55 PM
I'm in full support of competitive play in C2, but care needs to be taken to not remove everything from the game which makes it Conduit 2 and sets it apart from other FPS.

If it turns into primarily a bullets vs. bullets shooter, it won't be C2 anymore.

Also, if you really want it to be competitive, take all the weapon purchases out of the game and unlock everything for everybody right from the beginning. That way guys that start playing a month after release have the same weapons that the guys playing for a month do, and anyone can choose whatever loadout they want to counter whatever loadout they want.

If you want to argue that removing the "unlock and purchase" system is unfair to those who have already been playing, I would counter that with the facts that those people have gained expertise using the non-bullet weapons, and have also had time to learn the maps.

As it stands, C2 is one of the most fun games I play. Frustrating sometimes, yes, but still fun. I'd hate to lose that.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#6--Hope--Posted 7/18/2013 1:31:58 PM(edited)
_Signal posted...

Also, if you really want it to be competitive, take all the weapon purchases out of the game and unlock everything for everybody right from the beginning.

Agreed. Definitely agree. It took forever for me to unlock everything the first time. Even with 12-13 KOs it only gave 1000 credits a match. One full year. To unlock everything. No. Not again. :/

BTW it's nice to see you again signal. :)
(do you still play C1?)-My C2 broke.
---
0906-3982-2148--[R.S.L]Hope C2 FC
---------------------For the best players on C2: /http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_B3dvFMyDE
#7VintageRonJohnPosted 7/18/2013 1:25:03 PM
_Signal posted...
Also, if you really want it to be competitive, take all the weapon purchases out of the game and unlock everything for everybody right from the beginning. That way guys that start playing a month after release have the same weapons that the guys playing for a month do, and anyone can choose whatever loadout they want to counter whatever loadout they want.

If you want to argue that removing the "unlock and purchase" system is unfair to those who have already been playing, I would counter that with the facts that those people have gained expertise using the non-bullet weapons, and have also had time to learn the maps.

I'm fine with that system for general matchmaking, but there should definitely be an "unlock everything" option for custom games, for precisely this reason.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#8hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:21:45 PM
the thing is that people are not willing to actually make an effort. while i agree that this is a small community, that does not have to do with the problem that people are not trying to change this system. for example, i still haven't gotten ANY names to add to the fb system.
#9eig7htyPosted 7/18/2013 2:33:15 PM
Playing objective game modes would make it better, TDM really says nothing about a team. CTF/ASE ball, annexation, and VIP would make it more competitive.
---
If the result of tommorrow is today, what would you have done yesterday?
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/18/2013 2:36:37 PM
eig7hty posted...
Playing objective game modes would make it better, TDM really says nothing about a team. CTF/ASE ball, annexation, and VIP would make it more competitive.

Yeah... No.
The objective modes all seem to be flawed to me.

CTF is the only one I see as being halfway eligible.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656