Competitive play: yay or nay?

#21hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:29:47 AM
Chesluk posted...
Make a website with a calender feature so you can keep everyone in one spot and have all of your lists readily available.

well if anybody has an idea of how to do that, please start on it.
#22hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:31:07 AM
VintageRonJohn posted...
I don't use facebook either. Terrible for your privacy, kids.

You can't detach the issue of competitive scene from popularity and numbers. More people means more people who will take it seriously and form teams (and then actually show up on time, as planned).

@CHAIN: What are your complaints against Power Surge and other modes? I'd be curious to hear. I think the amount of XP given in power surge especially is ridiculous but that's a non-issue in custom games.

it's not invading one's privacy if one simply puts down fake information like I have said before.
#23B05S_BrennanPosted 7/19/2013 10:45:07 AM(edited)
hc-valkiria posted...
it's not invading one's privacy if one simply puts down fake information like I have said before.

I read that doing that is actually against Facebook's rules.

I suggest you make your own forum on a website for making forums, like ProBoards or FreeForum. If you go with ProBoards, Aiden (aka rawrLIKEaB05S__) may be able to walk you through making one.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#24CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/19/2013 11:20:25 AM(edited)
VintageRonJohn posted...

@CHAIN: What are your complaints against Power Surge and other modes? I'd be curious to hear. I think the amount of XP given in power surge especially is ridiculous but that's a non-issue in custom games.

The results of Power Surge and stuff always seem to come out of left field.
I can be on a good team, and loose out of nowhere, or be on a bad team, and win out of nowhere.

It just doesn't feel like you have as much influence on the outcome, and you're just subject to whomever the server decides is going to have the advantage.

However, I actually didn't feel like Tcon had the same problem.
So its not that I don't like objective modes, its just that in Con2, they seem jacked up to me.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#25CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/19/2013 11:21:36 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

I suggest you make your own forum on a website for making forums, like ProBoards or FreeForum. If you go with ProBoards, Aiden (aka rawrLIKEaB05S__) may be able to walk you through making one.

I suggest not trying to move discussion elsewhere.
That never works.

Keep discussion here, but use external resources if you need to.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#26hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 12:10:01 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

be that as it may, at the most, it only requires one's birthday. everything else is optional information. so it's not like one needs to create a fake school that one attends etc. the point is that one just needs to put in a birthday and that's it.
#27FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/19/2013 12:35:09 PM
Facebook is for posting unfunny s*** and f***ing up your life, not for organizing a game's ruleset. As Aiden showed us, ProBoards can be understood by a child. However, even that may be overestimating some of your mental abilities. Nevertheless, without the issues caused by Karma, it would be a relatively easy platform to convene a ruleset committee.

But that comes with the issue of selecting members. Someone suggested clan leaders, but many clan leaders are dense and have horrible ideas about balance so that might turn out poorly. IMO a good idea would be to have a poll to select a group of the players who understand the mechanics, balance, and other aspects of the game well, but I still fear somehow that a bunch of d***heads will end up making the ruleset.
---
C2: 2624-4172-0821