The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How the Phase Rifle Should of Done Damage

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 7/18/2013 4:25:12 PM
As well all know, the PR has two main sections of the body that osk, the head, and everything else, and if you don't have spec, or every other thing that increases damage, you are very weak compared to everything thing else due to the need to land headshots back to back to back, which is as we all know, very difficult. (Just it with the HVS.45, very hard indeed)

However, use the specilization perk, you are now overpowered, at least if you are practicited enough with it, so this is what is needed to get some type of balance.

Different body multipliers.

I know I get flak sometimes for wanting Conduit to be like CoD sometimes, (Which isn't really true fyi. lol) but CoD's snipers have different multipliers for different sections of the body, and it works just fine, which is how C2's Phase Rifle should of been like, not only kill in the head or eveywhere where there is a hitbox availble.

Lets take a look at the L96A1 in Call of Duty: Black Ops and its multipliers:

RAW DAMAGE: 70
HEAD: 2x Damage
NECK: 2x Damage
CHEST: 1.5x Damage
STOMACH: 1.5x Damage
UPPER ARMS: 1.5x Damage
LOWER ARMS: 1.0x Damage
LEGS: 1.0x Damage

Now, if you do the caclulations right, you'll see osk kills everywhere but lower arms and legs, and also, the L9 is also bolt-action to, so its compareble to. And because it has different osk areas, its not op, or underpowered, just right. But the PR does not have this, and it should, and this is how I would do the multipliers for the PR.

RAW DAMAGE: 75
HEAD: 2.0x Damage
STOMACH: 1.4x Damage
EVERYWHERE ELSE: 1.0

This is done so that osk to unprotected foes are osk from stomach up, but light armor can stop stomach shots, but needs heavy armor for everything else.

Also, I think helmet would still stop headshots to as well.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Comment below and I'll respond when I can, as I'm still not at home. :)

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#21PefrogPosted 7/18/2013 4:36:59 PM
Good idea.

I think the problem is the damage control point is overpowered.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#3TheOmegaShenPosted 7/18/2013 4:37:28 PM
I like the PR the way it is right now.
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#4CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/18/2013 4:40:55 PM
Different body multipliers is cool, but I'm wary of complicating the mechanics.

Then again, Even Goldeneye 64 recognized different types of body shots.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5FaLc0niZWaSTeDPosted 7/18/2013 5:25:26 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
I like the PR the way it is right now.

^This. I don't even use it much anymore, but s***. It's closer to a railgun than a sniper, so it's going to waste you whether you think it should or not.
---
C2: 2624-4172-0821
#6VintageRonJohnPosted 7/18/2013 5:32:23 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Different body multipliers is cool, but I'm wary of complicating the mechanics.

Then again, Even Goldeneye 64 recognized different types of body shots.

What I'd like to know: Is Tuning a OHKO everywhere on the body because it was too difficult to do through-the-walls stuff AND account for different parts of the body?
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#7ThePhaseRifleTVPosted 7/18/2013 5:40:35 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
As well all know, the PR has two main sections of the body that osk, the head, and everything else, and if you don't have spec, or every other thing that increases damage, you are very weak compared to everything thing else due to the need to land headshots back to back to back, which is as we all know, very difficult. (Just it with the HVS.45, very hard indeed)

However, use the specilization perk, you are now overpowered, at least if you are practicited enough with it, so this is what is needed to get some type of balance.

Different body multipliers.

I know I get flak sometimes for wanting Conduit to be like CoD sometimes, (Which isn't really true fyi. lol) but CoD's snipers have different multipliers for different sections of the body, and it works just fine, which is how C2's Phase Rifle should of been like, not only kill in the head or eveywhere where there is a hitbox availble.

Lets take a look at the L96A1 in Call of Duty: Black Ops and its multipliers:

RAW DAMAGE: 70
HEAD: 2x Damage
NECK: 2x Damage
STOMACH: 1.5x Damage
UPPER ARMS: 1.5x Damage
LOWER ARMS: 1.0x Damage
LEGS: 1.0x Damage

Now, if you do the caclulations right, you'll see osk kills everywhere but lower arms and legs, and also, the L9 is also bolt-action to, so its compareble to. And because it has different osk areas, its not op, or underpowered, just right. But the PR does not have this, and it should, and this is how I would do the multipliers for the PR.

RAW DAMAGE: 75
HEAD: 2.0x Damage
STOMACH: 1.4x Damage
EVERYWHERE ELSE: 1.0

This is done so that osk to unprotected foes are osk from stomach up, but light armor can stop stomach shots, but needs heavy armor for everything else.

Also, I think helmet would still stop headshots to as well.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Comment below and I'll respond when I can, as I'm still not at home. :)

~Cmo

No! No no no no. The way it deals damage is what makes the phase rifle the phase rifle! Head shots actually aren't too hard to pull off. It builds skill to get the spec! Which is good! I say keep it. :)
---
A Goldeneye 007 And Conduit 2 Gameplay Commentator: http://m.youtube.com/user/PermanentPhantom?feature=guide
#81PefrogPosted 7/18/2013 5:44:41 PM
What if it was reverse perked. You start with all of the perks and as you get better, or move up levels, then perks like tuning become locked.

Just an idea.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#9VintageRonJohnPosted 7/18/2013 6:49:26 PM
1Pefrog posted...
What if it was reverse perked. You start with all of the perks and as you get better, or move up levels, then perks like tuning become locked.

Just an idea.

I like the idea, but in the case of competitive play you'd just make a new account. Incredibly easy in C2, and relatively easy even with a system like Xbox live.

So the proper solution, I'd think, would be to ban it from competitive play and use it as little as possible in matchmaking if you're a skilled player with self-respect.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#10ThePhaseRifleTVPosted 7/18/2013 6:52:01 PM
1Pefrog posted...

Just an idea.

That'd suck.
---
A Goldeneye 007 And Conduit 2 Gameplay Commentator: http://m.youtube.com/user/PermanentPhantom?feature=guide