Affirmed By Fire (Conduit 2 fanfiction) Megathread

#1VintageRonJohnPosted 8/2/2013 5:54:14 PM
D.C. Outskirts - October 27, 2012

The Destroyers approached the beltway: Kennedy at point, Ford on the left, and Lincoln behind. On the right was Martha Griffiths, the first female Destroyer Ford had seen. Unlike Andromeda's armor, Griffiths's was very similar to his own, save for a battle scar across the legs and two vertical bars spray-painted in yellow on the upper back.

"Drudge, three o'clock!" she shouted. Four motorcycles swooped down the beltway in a single-file line. The first Drudge raised an arm, and the other three slowed. Approaching the end of the exit ramp, the first Drudge picked up speed and then went into a hard skid. The Destroyers braced for a wreck and raised their weapons. There was no need, though; the Drudge came to a flawless halt, 30 or so feet from Griffiths.

Read more: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9552471/1/Affirmed-By-Fire

There's the permanent home of the entire story thus far. From now on I'll post in this thread whenever a new chapter is ready. It's also a place for discussion of the extended universe (if I dare call it that).

If anybody wants to draw any of the characters from my story, that would be really awesome and I'd be honored to make your work the cover image for the fanfic ^.^

Ideas are always welcome. In fact, Chesluk dropped a great one on me tonight. Where do you think "Metal Legs" came from?

--Jolt
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#2VintageRonJohn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 9:46:26 PM
Chapter 3 is up and ready.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9552471/3/Affirmed-By-Fire
---
#3PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/3/2013 5:52:50 PM
I'm gonna bump this topic by adding some fan fiction of my own *ahem*...

3am. Somewhere in Nebraska.
A conduit opens in desolate Waffle House parking lot.
Ford steps out of the conduit.
He quickly runs behind a darkened corner, brown paper bag in hand.
He takes a dump in the bag.
Out of the shadows, he marches in to the Waffle House, slams the bag on the counter, looks the waitress dead in her eyes and says
"This isnt the crap I ordered!!!"

He quickly exits the Waffle House, running back through the conduit while giggling like an idiot all the while...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4--Hope--Posted 8/3/2013 8:44:46 PM
VintageRonJohn posted...
Chapter 3 is up and ready.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9552471/3/Affirmed-By-Fire

It looks great so far, keep up the great work. :)
---
0906-3982-2148--[R.S.L]Hope C2 FCBloop.
Blip.Bleep.BAP.Shigidy digidy dop.With a cherry on top~Gabe,LR,HOHero.-That quote made my day.
#5PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/5/2013 10:27:09 AM
Heres another bump for ya, and some more fan fiction...

3:30 am. Washington DC.
A conduit opens on the lawn of a large home in a upscale neighborhood.
Ford steps out of the conduit with like 7 cartons of eggs in hand.
As he's egg bombing this house, about half way through the 5th carton, he notices that the porch light of the home across the street lights up.
A man walks out the front door in his house robe. It's Adams.
"Hey! What are you doing to that house?" He yells.

...It's then that Ford realizes that maybe he shouldve double checked his coordinates, making sure he had the right house before undertaking such a heinous plot.

Oh well, back through the conduit he goes...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#6IdektheDrudgePosted 8/5/2013 11:09:56 AM
Eh, at least I got what I asked for. Thanks, Ronny!
---
Thex's Mouth-farting Padawan at your service!
#7-HC-P4GPosted 8/5/2013 1:21:53 PM
I have a plot for a C3 all thunk up already (all elaborate and all that) but I'm too lazy to write it down. Sucks to be me sometimes :(
---
Help!
#8VintageRonJohn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 7:42:54 AM
--Hope-- posted...

Chapter 4, "The First Temple"

Nippur, Sumeria - 2528 B.C.
The heat was visible, rising off the sand on the desert horizon. Prometheus could see the groundwork for the great temple in the distance. Human slaves carried mud bricks and added them to the growing base. At the top was Enlil, in his natural form. He could afford to be-these people were building the temple for him, their god. By contrast, Prometheus was in a human form. His shoes dug into the dry desert floor and washed his toes with sand. Enlil recognized him approaching, as one progenitor does another.

Read more: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9552471/4/Affirmed-By-Fire

I've been thinking about posting some of the songs that have helped inspired this--does anyone care?
---
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/6/2013 10:36:15 AM
VintageRonJohn posted...
--Hope-- posted...

Chapter 4, "The First Temple"

Nippur, Sumeria - 2528 B.C.
The heat was visible, rising off the sand on the desert horizon. Prometheus could see the groundwork for the great temple in the distance. Human slaves carried mud bricks and added them to the growing base. At the top was Enlil, in his natural form. He could afford to be-these people were building the temple for him, their god. By contrast, Prometheus was in a human form. His shoes dug into the dry desert floor and washed his toes with sand. Enlil recognized him approaching, as one progenitor does another.

Read more: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9552471/4/Affirmed-By-Fire

I've been thinking about posting some of the songs that have helped inspired this--does anyone care?

Post em man, and sorry for the shameless bumps.

To be fair though, I know a guy that did the first story, and the second one happened to me and a bud of mine back in the day.
---
#10hc-valkiriaPosted 8/6/2013 11:56:56 AM
it occurred to me that we could finish this with one sentence: "ford wins." lol