what if....

#11xXDatOneGuyXxPosted 8/5/2013 10:40:07 AM
Something like this would be amazing
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/124617/1845454-gun_sword_by_pest3r.jpg

How do you think it would do? (a single weapon, not duel wield)
#12hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 11:06:18 AM
xXDatOneGuyXx posted...
Something like this would be amazing
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/124617/1845454-gun_sword_by_pest3r.jpg

How do you think it would do? (a single weapon, not duel wield)

nice! but hvs would probably change the pistol to something else lol
#13PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/5/2013 11:11:41 AM
LeThA169 posted...
Why not a sword with a pistol as the handle, like that one pirate character in soul caliber 4?
You can shoot people with it although the pistol will have to do little damage.Then you can finish off the person with a clean cut.

This would fit in well with the kind of weapons the series is known for.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#14CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/5/2013 11:24:15 AM
I don't think a melee weapon is a very good idea.
Melee is already OP, Backstabs are OP.

Whens the last time any of you played a FPS w/o melee? It affects the gameplay a lot.
People are forced to keep their distance from eachother. Giving Melee more influence will not benifit the game IMO.

However, what I think would be a cool melee weapon would be something that has a bunch of knockback, instead of a lot of damage.
Force people who are inside your range back.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#15_SignalPosted 8/5/2013 11:35:27 AM
What is needed is a perk that will protect from a melee attack.

And I'm talking about substantial protection, allowing you to be hit several times without making it impossible to move.

You could prevent it from becoming OP by making the protection get "used up."

You could call it Ablative Armor.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#16xXAISPXxPosted 8/5/2013 11:52:35 AM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Whens the last time any of you played a FPS w/o melee? It affects the gameplay a lot.
People are forced to keep their distance from eachother. Giving Melee more influence will not benifit the game IMO.

However, what I think would be a cool melee weapon would be something that has a bunch of knockback, instead of a lot of damage.

Backstabs are not OP, nor are melees. It would make sense to beat somebody to death, or at least a knockout, in 3 blows. It's a lot harder to get a backstab, so a 1-hit knockout with a backstab is rewarding enough.

Your knockback weapon is a great idea, though.
---
Sig of the Day: (Looking for one...) "...baby back ribs
Conduits baby back ribs" -Punch
#17CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/5/2013 11:56:49 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

Backstabs are not OP, nor are melees. It would make sense to beat somebody to death, or at least a knockout, in 3 blows. It's a lot harder to get a backstab, so a 1-hit knockout with a backstab is rewarding enough.

Your knockback weapon is a great idea, though.

Given how unreliable and spontanious backstabs are, I say they are definitly OP.

And, no, it wouldn't make sense at all to KO somebody in three blows.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#18The_Mad_KittenPosted 8/5/2013 12:45:40 PM
I would imagine a scythe-like weapon that is glowing red with little details carved into the blade. I would think it would be an insta-gibb weapon that's a secondary. That would be so cool...
---
Hi, my user ID is Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4896-6699-3607 I am not very competitive but I can be if needed.
#19-HC-P4GPosted 8/5/2013 1:12:26 PM
What about a Gears of War type AR with a chainsaw underneath the barrel.
---
Help!
#20hc-valkiria(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 11:55:44 AM
well i think that improved melee is definitely a bit cheap as the improved range makes it have approximately the same range as maybe a spas 12 and punching is faster so it can become very difficult to deal with. everytime crisanto is online i know i need to keep my distance substantial.