Your thoughts: Conduit/Ninja Turtles crossover (Conduit 2 spoilers)

#11old_man_mossyPosted 8/14/2013 7:35:14 PM
TeenAge Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness...it was an RPG (paper folks) by Pallidium games I got into in Jr High.

VERY DARK. But it was Eastman & Laird. Heck the psychosis that you could as a character develop due to painfully transformations etc. was my first 'deep look' into psychology...and it was actually pretty detailed, lol. lets just say it had to be heavily edited in its later print runs when they became popular.....but Turtles garbage? I think they are head and shoulders above C2's purposeful goof.

C2 story is an absolute joke....didn't the Dev team say as much with not taking themselves seriously and having the story rewritten to the laughable sci fi B reel that it is now? I'd love to play campaign of what was left on the cutting room floor and left out of C2, because while I really enjoy campy sci fi B movies it honestly didn't do TCON credit...and hosed some of its fans with the change in venue.0

Turtles would fit well in C2, IMHO...but how you'd bring in melee is beyond me with the cluster farq no collision trash mechanic that it currently operates with. Imagine improved melee on steroids. It would be so broken!

They would have to change the game substantially maybe even make it a 3rd person 1st person like Splinter Cells going to do...I think.

And how Segas Aliens Colinal marines would have been if Sega wasn't incompetent and gearbox full of tools.

The only way turtles makes no sense is if you've only played TCON & if so...sorry you are on the wrong forum.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 7:40:01 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
TeenAge Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness...it was an RPG (paper folks) by Pallidium games I got into in Jr High.

VERY DARK. But it was Eastman & Laird. Heck the psychosis that you could as a character develop due to painfully transformations etc. was my first 'deep look' into psychology...and it was actually pretty detailed, lol. lets just say it had to be heavily edited in its later print runs when they became popular.....but Turtles garbage? I think they are head and shoulders above C2's purposeful goof.

C2 story is an absolute joke....didn't the Dev team say as much with not taking themselves seriously and having the story rewritten to the laughable sci fi B reel that it is now? I'd love to play campaign of what was left on the cutting room floor and left out of C2, because while I really enjoy campy sci fi B movies it honestly didn't do TCON credit...and hosed some of its fans with the change in venue.0

Turtles would fit well in C2, IMHO...but how you'd bring in melee is beyond me with the cluster farq no collision trash mechanic that it currently operates with. Imagine improved melee on steroids. It would be so broken!

They would have to change the game substantially maybe even make it a 3rd person 1st person like Splinter Cells going to do...I think.

And how Segas Aliens Colinal marines would have been if Sega wasn't incompetent and gearbox full of tools.

The only way turtles makes no sense is if you've only played TCON & if so...sorry you are on the wrong forum.

That improved melee muhahahaha
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#13Toho2Posted 8/15/2013 11:08:33 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
didn't the Dev team say as much with not taking themselves seriously and having the story rewritten to the laughable sci fi B reel that it is now?

That's part of why I love Conduit 2's campaign, it has so many reference points to other sci-fi series's.
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#14jasonrk7bPosted 8/15/2013 11:17:35 PM
If they do get in, I demand a perk called Turtle Power

Don't know what it would do nor would I care, but I'd always have it on
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#15TheOmegaShenPosted 8/16/2013 7:02:57 AM
Go ninja go ninja go
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#16PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:27:58 AM
jasonrk7b posted...
If they do get in, I demand a perk called Turtle Power

Don't know what it would do nor would I care, but I'd always have it on

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.