Game Breaking Injury

#111Hawke0Posted 8/16/2013 1:17:50 AM
kastastic posted...
_Signal posted...
Mike also got a bit of a bum deal last year when all the Motina stuff went down. He's a skilled player that always plays hard, and he caught some flack for it.

I hassled him about it myself, and he thought she was me to begin with. I feel bad about it now, but there's no way I can take it back.

I'm just glad to see him in-game sometimes.

I honestly doubt Mike got butt-hurt over that......He was simply used as an "example" of what an overkill player looks like.
It was what I felt to be care-free attitudes that caused the large code release.
Now the skilled "overkill" players can feel what a nOOb/new player feels like when getting STOMPED.
Of course I am not referring to myself....I do just fine with or withuot :)

The birth of Jingle*Bells........what a day!

It's a competitive game, you can't very well expect people to go easy on you. If they do that's nice, but I'm tired of that sort of mentality. That people who excel at something should hold back to make those who are mediocre feel better, failure is necessary to grow as a person, and it prepares you for the real world.

But the big problem with your point is that you don't make them fell like a noob by outplaying them, but by cheating. They know they're better than you (universal you, not you specifically), and that they aren't losing because of any failure of their own. That undermines whatever noble cause you subjectively have and makes you look like a petty child.
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#112Hu1kSmAshPosted 8/16/2013 4:41:58 AM
You want to make skilled players weak, but with hacks? That only makes them feel the opposite.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#113HC-GabePosted 8/16/2013 6:49:54 AM
Hu1kSmAsh posted...
You want to make skilled players weak, but with hacks? That only makes them feel the opposite.

Pretty much
---
They see me posting, they hating!
#114kastasticPosted 8/16/2013 9:09:05 AM
Hawke0 posted...
kastastic posted...
_Signal posted...
Mike also got a bit of a bum deal last year when all the Motina stuff went down.

I honestly doubt Mike got butt-hurt over that......He was simply used as an "example" of what an overkill player looks like.
It was what I felt to be care-free attitudes that caused the large code release.
Now the skilled "overkill" players can feel what a nOOb/new player feels like when getting STOMPED.

But the big problem with your point...........
is that you don't make them fell like a noob by outplaying them, but by cheating. They know they're better than you (universal you, not you specifically), and that they aren't losing because of any failure of their own. That undermines whatever noble cause you subjectively have and makes you look like a petty child.

You obviously missed my point.....but since you went there.....
There was no noble cause...DUH!
LMAO....Instance....A skilled player is whooping butt, got about 30 kills, the other team doesn't stand a chance and is just getting spawn killed while our skilled player runs from point to point killing nOObs with an overpowered weapon......(nice use of skill btw) When all of the sudden someone opens a can of hax. :)

Game over :/
I bet this guy never gets mad/rage quits when losing to a hacker.....guess it even makes him feel better idk.
No point to this btw....
---
I go by: Jingle*bells, Savet, [KAS]Kim, [KAS]Motina and the gal with no name.
MSM payback> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCqLLJQlZuI
#115_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:58:02 AM
kastastic posted...
_Signal posted...
Mike also got a bit of a bum deal last year when all the Motina stuff went down. He's a skilled player that always plays hard, and he caught some flack for it.

I hassled him about it myself, and he thought she was me to begin with. I feel bad about it now, but there's no way I can take it back.

I'm just glad to see him in-game sometimes.

Of course I am not referring to myself....I do just fine with or withuot :)

The birth of Jingle*Bells........what a day!

Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate it.

Regarding all the other stuff, I don't really want to get into it too much, because I think that everything has been said on the matter than needs to, or can be said.

However, as far as "butt-hurt" goes, I realize that's a commonly used gamer expression. It's a phrase which gets thrown around here a lot, and unfortunately it brings with it a connotation implying that the offended shouldn't be hurt by whatever has happened. I think that's an unfair use of the term in this case.

I don't have any idea if Mike got "butt-hurt" over that deal or not, but he was bothered by the thought that it may have come from one of his friends, namely me.

As far as the latter stuff that ensued, I was definitely butt-hurt by it.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261