If a Conduit 3 get's made, now is the time to do it.

#1LigersRulePosted 8/15/2013 6:10:22 AM
Why now? Well, I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to High Voltage Software's other projects. No, not the smartphone apps. HVS has been doing a lot of work on 2 other big budget games. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition's port to Steam and Saints Row IV. Mortal Kombat came out last month to decent reviews, but AMAZING sales. Saints Row IV comes out this coming Tuesday, and so far has amazing reviews and quite a bit of projected sales.

Now, both of these are just contract work, but it's high profile contract work. If either of these pays a commission on sales, HVS will be stuffing their pockets for quite a while.

If HVS WANTS (yes, games, wants) to make a Conduit 3, now is the first time in a long while that they (should) have the finances to do it.

Discuss.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#2xXAISPXxPosted 8/15/2013 6:16:16 AM
I agree.

The Conduit 2009 - Conduit 2 2011
Conduit 2 2011 - Conduit 3? 2013

The more HVS waits the more customers they may lose...unless they develop more.
---
SOTD: "Noble, cant even potato sack. Too big and hard to manhandle, he just slams his hormone filled grab bag into unsuspecting bodies." -Jaye
#3PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/15/2013 6:28:21 AM
Conduit 3: Coming to a smartphone near you!!!

Man I hope not, or atleast hope theres a console version.

Yknow HVS, Wiimotes are compatible with WiiU... ;)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/15/2013 6:29:12 AM
To add, I want Conduit HD on the eshop already!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5xXAISPXxPosted 8/15/2013 7:57:07 AM
Conduit HD on iOS?
---
SOTD: "Noble, cant even potato sack. Too big and hard to manhandle, he just slams his hormone filled grab bag into unsuspecting bodies." -Jaye
#6Loremas1861Posted 8/15/2013 9:14:43 AM
xXAISPXx posted...
Conduit HD on iOS?

Lol iOS fps suck.
---
"That's because Drift is addicted to it"
-Mike
#7Toho2Posted 8/15/2013 9:55:11 AM
I just hope they have the funds to incorporate attributes associated with high end FPS, like Halo. HD graphics for every aspect of the game (including split-screen), significant decrease in online lag, co-op invasion, and a longer more intense campaign is what I want to happen with the funds.
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#8Toho2Posted 8/15/2013 9:56:33 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
To add, I want Conduit HD on the eshop already!

I'd buy a Wii U for that.
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#9old_man_mossyPosted 8/15/2013 10:01:54 AM
Toho2 posted...
I just hope they have the funds to incorporate attributes associated with high end FPS, like Halo. HD graphics for every aspect of the game (including split-screen), significant decrease in online lag, co-op invasion, and a longer more intense campaign is what I want to happen with the funds.

Lag has been all but non existent on the Wii U for me, and Ive played some demanding games with guys across the Atlantic. I think PS3 and 360 have similar results (I know CoD Blops had issues but they were fixed via patch if I remember correctly...big IF) Lag was present on almost every Wii game that had online multiplayer, hopefully without the Wii lag will disappear.

As far as what else you've said...I couldn't agree more.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#10games1256Posted 8/15/2013 2:41:13 PM
LigersRule posted...
Why now? Well, I don't know if any of you have been paying attention to High Voltage Software's other projects. No, not the smartphone apps. HVS has been doing a lot of work on 2 other big budget games. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition's port to Steam and Saints Row IV. Mortal Kombat came out last month to decent reviews, but AMAZING sales. Saints Row IV comes out this coming Tuesday, and so far has amazing reviews and quite a bit of projected sales.

Now, both of these are just contract work, but it's high profile contract work. If either of these pays a commission on sales, HVS will be stuffing their pockets for quite a while.

If HVS WANTS (yes, games, wants) to make a Conduit 3, now is the first time in a long while that they (should) have the finances to do it.

Discuss.

From the ports I would think they would get a one time payment. It just makes the most sense for the publisher. HVS is not going to make Conduit 3 just because they want to. For HVS to make Conduit 3 it would have to make decent profit. They have to make good decisions to keep good financial health for the company.