If a Conduit 3 get's made, now is the time to do it.

#11kilfrfunPosted 8/15/2013 4:23:38 PM
Toho2 posted...
like Halo

You best mean Reach, 4 is ugly compared to Reach
---
We need Dinos
#12LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:36:06 PM
games1256 posted...
From the ports I would think they would get a one time payment. It just makes the most sense for the publisher. HVS is not going to make Conduit 3 just because they want to. For HVS to make Conduit 3 it would have to make decent profit. They have to make good decisions to keep good financial health for the company.

I knew you would show up. I'm starting to be pretty sure you're an alt...

Anyway, this is a purely hypothetical topic. I don't care about whether Conduit 3 would make money or not. I'm saying IF it was to be made, now would be the time. Because even if they WERE one time payments, those are high-profile projects. They aren't gonna be like $2,000 contracts. Probably 6 figures. Not to mention experience developing AAA games.

The only thing I could see them doing to put off Conduit 3 would be porting TCon or C2 to Steam. Which would probably make them money in the long run, as well as boosting a Conduit fanbase.

Since Conduit 2 released, RIGHT NOW makes the most sense for them to begin work on Conduit 3. More than ever before.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#13games1256Posted 8/15/2013 5:07:47 PM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
games1256 posted...
From the ports I would think they would get a one time payment. It just makes the most sense for the publisher. HVS is not going to make Conduit 3 just because they want to. For HVS to make Conduit 3 it would have to make decent profit. They have to make good decisions to keep good financial health for the company.

I knew you would show up. I'm starting to be pretty sure you're an alt...

Anyway, this is a purely hypothetical topic. I don't care about whether Conduit 3 would make money or not. I'm saying IF it was to be made, now would be the time. Because even if they WERE one time payments, those are high-profile projects. They aren't gonna be like $2,000 contracts. Probably 6 figures. Not to mention experience developing AAA games.

The only thing I could see them doing to put off Conduit 3 would be porting TCon or C2 to Steam. Which would probably make them money in the long run, as well as boosting a Conduit fanbase.

Since Conduit 2 released, RIGHT NOW makes the most sense for them to begin work on Conduit 3. More than ever before.

Yes if they were going to make Conduit 3 it would make sense to make it now assuming it would
make them profit. Also it would only be the right time if they had enough money to make Conduit 3. Just because they helped with two big games does not mean they have enough money to make Conduit 3.
#14TheOmegaFalconPosted 8/15/2013 4:59:35 PM
Toho2 posted...
I just hope they have the funds to incorporate attributes associated with high end FPS, like Halo. HD graphics for every aspect of the game (including split-screen), significant decrease in online lag, co-op invasion, and a longer more intense campaign is what I want to happen with the funds.

lolno. Halo is NOT a high-end shooter anymore. It hasn't been since H2. H3 brought regenerators, shields, etc., s***ty maps, minimal gravity, and popgun weapons. Reach brought AAs, a horrible sniper, more horrible maps, bloom, and the beginning of loadouts. I should hope H4 doesn't even need explanation.
#15LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 5:20:45 PM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
lolno. Halo is NOT a high-end shooter anymore. It hasn't been since H2. H3 brought regenerators, shields, etc., s***ty maps, minimal gravity, and popgun weapons. Reach brought AAs, a horrible sniper, more horrible maps, bloom, and the beginning of loadouts. I should hope H4 doesn't even need explanation.

I don't disagree about Reach and 4, but I really liked Halo 3. It's not as good as 2, no, but it's still quite a high quality game. If ever you've done a Halo 3 lan party, you would know it too. It's still all the joy of Halo, despite it having some CoD style concepts.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#16TheOmegaFalconPosted 8/15/2013 5:39:15 PM
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...

I don't disagree about Reach and 4, but I really liked Halo 3. It's not as good as 2, no, but it's still quite a high quality game. If ever you've done a Halo 3 lan party, you would know it too. It's still all the joy of Halo, despite it having some CoD style concepts.

3 was....OK. It was the beginning of the end, but it still actually felt like Halo. The problem was that Bungie started f***ing with the mechanics and gameplay, but at least still retained traditional the traditional arena shooter mentality with more of a focus on teamwork and map control.

And by 2012? Metal Gears, loadouts, ridiculous aim assist (inundation of AR/jetpack/plasma BKs), random killstreaks/weapon drops, and hardly any semblance to an actual Halo game.

TL;DR---H3 was relatively good.
#17Hawke0Posted 8/15/2013 7:17:11 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
I agree.

The Conduit 2009 - Conduit 2 2011
Conduit 2 2011 - Conduit 3? 2013

The more HVS waits the more customers they may lose...unless they develop more.

If they started development now, a release in 2013 would be horrible. It'd be impressive if the game wasn't broken. 2015, or even 2014 would be much more realistic.
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#18kilfrfunPosted 8/15/2013 8:16:23 PM
>TheOmegaFalcon posted...

I don't think we've met.
But right now I love you
And you too Lig
H2 > H1 > H3 > Reach > H4 idk where ODST goes since it's basically an addon
---
We need Dinos
#19Hu1kSmAshPosted 8/15/2013 8:20:51 PM
Hawke0 posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
I agree.

The Conduit 2009 - Conduit 2 2011
Conduit 2 2011 - Conduit 3? 2013

The more HVS waits the more customers they may lose...unless they develop more.

If they started development now, a release in 2013 would be horrible. It'd be impressive if the game wasn't broken. 2015, or even 2014 would be much more realistic.

A release in 2014 makes more sense than a release in 2013, since it's already a little too late. It's likely that HVS won't release Conduit 3 this year, but I was agreeing that development should start now and releases should be in late spring 2014.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#20kilfrfunPosted 8/15/2013 8:21:52 PM
LigersRule posted...
Halo 3 lan party

fun times
---
We need Dinos