If a Conduit 3 get's made, now is the time to do it.

#21Hu1kSmAshPosted 8/15/2013 7:23:57 PM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
Toho2 posted...
I just hope they have the funds to incorporate attributes associated with high end FPS, like Halo. HD graphics for every aspect of the game (including split-screen), significant decrease in online lag, co-op invasion, and a longer more intense campaign is what I want to happen with the funds.

lolno. Halo is NOT a high-end shooter anymore. It hasn't been since H2. H3 brought regenerators, shields, etc., s***ty maps, minimal gravity, and popgun weapons. Reach brought AAs, a horrible sniper, more horrible maps, bloom, and the beginning of loadouts. I should hope H4 doesn't even need explanation.

The new 343 development kind of caught me off guard.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#22B05S_BrennanPosted 8/15/2013 7:43:44 PM
I liked H4. I think what makes Halo fun is how free you feel. I agree that they should get rid of the aim assist, bullet magnetism, etc. It seems to screw things up more than help. Don't really care too much whether loadouts stay or not, but I like being able to at least pick my precision weapon.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#23PUNCHOUT1116Posted 8/15/2013 7:57:03 PM
I quit after Halo3. Me and some buds all got it at midnight at launch, each played multiplayer for like 2 days and never went back :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#24LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 8:12:14 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
I liked H4. I think what makes Halo fun is how free you feel. I agree that they should get rid of the aim assist, bullet magnetism, etc. It seems to screw things up more than help. Don't really care too much whether loadouts stay or not, but I like being able to at least pick my precision weapon.

If you enjoy Halo because of how free you feel, stop playing Halo. Play Tribes:Ascend on PC. It's free, assuming your computer can handle it. Though the community is kinda dying, it's still bigger than ours.

Tribes is basically Halo + Extreme Speed, jet packs, giant maps, and railguns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OjXnie2pA
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#25jasonrk7bPosted 8/15/2013 10:15:23 PM
LigersRule posted...
I knew you would show up. I'm starting to be pretty sure you're an alt...

It's weird, like he's obsessed with the game

I believe he has an account over at IGN, on which he's made about 5 posts, all of them about this game.
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#26Hawke0Posted 8/16/2013 1:08:47 AM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
lolno. Halo is NOT a high-end shooter anymore. It hasn't been since H2. H3 brought regenerators, shields, etc., s***ty maps, minimal gravity, and popgun weapons. Reach brought AAs, a horrible sniper, more horrible maps, bloom, and the beginning of loadouts. I should hope H4 doesn't even need explanation.

I don't disagree about Reach and 4, but I really liked Halo 3. It's not as good as 2, no, but it's still quite a high quality game. If ever you've done a Halo 3 lan party, you would know it too. It's still all the joy of Halo, despite it having some CoD style concepts.

3 was....OK. It was the beginning of the end, but it still actually felt like Halo. The problem was that Bungie started f***ing with the mechanics and gameplay, but at least still retained traditional the traditional arena shooter mentality with more of a focus on teamwork and map control.

And by 2012? Metal Gears, loadouts, ridiculous aim assist (inundation of AR/jetpack/plasma BKs), random killstreaks/weapon drops, and hardly any semblance to an actual Halo game.

TL;DR---H3 was relatively good.

What do you have against Metal Gears?
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#27Hu1kSmAshPosted 8/16/2013 4:46:11 AM
LigersRule posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...

If you enjoy Halo because of how free you feel, stop playing Halo. Play Tribes:Ascend on PC. It's free, assuming your computer can handle it. Though the community is kinda dying, it's still bigger than ours.

Tribes is basically Halo + Extreme Speed, jet packs, giant maps, and railguns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2OjXnie2pA

Heh, that game even has a Phase Rifle! Is it for Xbox?
---
#28rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 8/16/2013 7:16:28 AM
kilfrfun posted...
Toho2 posted...
like Halo

You best mean Reach, 4 is ugly compared to Reach

and every thing is ugly compared to Naughty Dog games.
---
PSN: BlueStar7152 | FUT13, MAG, Uncharted 3
XBL: ajwmawesome | Skyrim, Batman: AA, Minecraft
#29TheOmegaFalconPosted 8/16/2013 7:30:03 AM
Hawke0 posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...

I don't disagree about Reach and 4, but I really liked Halo 3. It's not as good as 2, no, but it's still quite a high quality game. If ever you've done a Halo 3 lan party, you would know it too. It's still all the joy of Halo, despite it having some CoD style concepts.

3 was....OK. It was the beginning of the end, but it still actually felt like Halo. The problem was that Bungie started f***ing with the mechanics and gameplay, but at least still retained traditional the traditional arena shooter mentality with more of a focus on teamwork and map control.

And by 2012? Metal Gears, loadouts, ridiculous aim assist (inundation of AR/jetpack/plasma BKs), random killstreaks/weapon drops, and hardly any semblance to an actual Halo game.

I don't have anything against them. They just don't belong in Halo.

@Kittycat: The f***'s that supposed to mean? "Free"? Plus, you could start with a precision weapon if the game mode wasn't awful. I.E., MLG in both Reach and 3. Pretty sure Social Slayer and Doubles from their respective games had them too, but also had bulls*** like Team Rockets and AR starts.

There is nothing in H4 that wasn't done better in previous installments. And it shows, considering that H4's player numbers have dropped.
#30Hu1kSmAshPosted 8/16/2013 8:22:34 AM
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
Hawke0 posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...
LigersRule posted...
TheOmegaFalcon posted...

I don't have anything against them. They just don't belong in Halo.

@Kittycat: The f***'s that supposed to mean? "Free"? Plus, you could start with a precision weapon if the game mode wasn't awful. I.E., MLG in both Reach and 3. Pretty sure Social Slayer and Doubles from their respective games had them too, but also had bulls*** like Team Rockets and AR starts.

There is nothing in H4 that wasn't done better in previous installments. And it shows, considering that H4's player numbers have dropped.

I just saw Halo 4 as a continuing of the campaign. I didn't see it as an improvement either, but just "shinier" graphics.
---