If a Conduit 3 get's made, now is the time to do it.

#41LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 1:58:56 PM
FF5_Poison posted...
I don't think that's how it works.
If HVS wasn't going to make money on it, they would not have taken the job.

Games is right in this case. Contract work is basically a publisher going to a small-time developer, and saying "If you do this, we'll give you this", and then the developer says yes or no. They obviously said yes in this situation. When they completed the contract, they got paid. It's almost never based on sales, as the big man (the publisher) is all about screwing over the little man (developer).

The only real question is how much they got paid. Normally ports aren't done by popular developers. It just doesn't happen. The only example of it I can think of was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, where Treyarch handled the port of the Infinity Ward game. And what happened? It ended up being the most well-received online FPS on Wii.

HVS is kind of a weird developer to be doing contract work like this. They're bigger than most companies that handle ports, but smaller than the big boys (like Treyarch) who actually develop games. I would imagine that would lead to higher payouts, because they have more resources to devote to the project and can get it done faster.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#42B05S_BrennanPosted 8/17/2013 4:43:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43B05S_BrennanPosted 8/17/2013 4:46:01 PM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
More options? I hope you aren't talking AAs, upgrades, or any other element of the s***ty loadout system.

I'm not, and I said that the player has a lot of options, I didn't say it has more options than something.

The mechanics in H4 were objectively horrible. No descoping, sprinting, and some of the AAs f***ing up the entire flow of the maps.

Again, that's opinion.

Call my statements opinion, but they're the opinions of many.

First of all, I was saying what I liked. Secondly, Halo 4's user rating and user review average is about the same as all other Halos.

Halo in general is on the wrong track. They're annhilating everything that made the series competitive (and actually playable) and replacing them with COD features in an attempt to draw in that repugnant audience. What it really did was create a two-headed mutant that deserves to be killed. All 343 has done is made the game a diarrheal mess strategically thanks to weapon drops and the aforementioned movement abilities.

Lastly, Halo is dying because the game is an ugly piece of s***. Inb4 "DAT'S UR OPINION BIRD TURD". CoD is also a piece of s***, but a polished one. It has problems, but the games are attractive and well put-together. Despite a horrible netcode, the game has stayed true to what made it popular. CoD still rakes in good sales, though they have formidable competition in BF now. They have a working formula, and though it gets more ludicrous with each entry, it works and works well.

Halo used to be about map control, communication, solid aim, and awareness. To put it politely, it is now f***ing chaos thanks to whiny casuals who don't want games to require skill.

Nice rant. In case you didn't notice, my posts haven't been arguing with what you dislike about the game, I've been talking about what I enjoy about it. I guess it irritates you to just hear that some liked it though.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#44Falcon_TryhardPosted 8/17/2013 6:17:06 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
I'm not, and I said that the player has a lot of options, I didn't say it has more options than something.

Then please explain. You keep saying you're more "free", have more "options", et cetera. Not sure what you're even talking about anymore.

Again, that's opinion.

When you have bads sitting in a remote corner with DMR, going full wookie all day long, descoping should return. When bads spend all game getting out-BRed and scurrying away like rodents, sprint needs to go. And when motherf***ing YoloMcSwagX420 is soaring to the top of the skybox and then sending a hail of AR rounds and magnetic plasmas, AAs NEED REMOVAL. These are not things that I personally don't appreciate; they are ruining the gameplay and already horrible maps.

First of all, I was saying what I liked. Secondly, Halo 4's user rating and user review average is about the same as all other Halos.

Most reviews and ratings for H4 were written by dumbasses who played five minutes and said "OOH, DEM GRAPHICS BROOOO! TEH CHIEF LOOK GOOD AND COVIE SOOOO DETAILED!" Not to mention that there were actually some relatively decent game modes early on, like Slayer Pro.

Nice rant. In case you didn't notice, my posts haven't been arguing with what you dislike about the game, I've been talking about what I enjoy about it. I guess it irritates you to just hear that some liked it though.

Some? Only the absolute lowest common denominator of the Halo community. It went from, IIRC, approximately 1 million players at launch to less than Reach, last I played.
#45B05S_BrennanPosted 8/18/2013 6:33:26 PM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
Then please explain. You keep saying you're more "free", have more "options", et cetera. Not sure what you're even talking about anymore.

Here's an example. You just killed a guy near a ledge who had a SAW you want. In some games, his gun might appear right where he was standing when he died, but because of the physics, the SAW drops off the ledge, down where he has two teammates waiting. The player is faced with some choices: (those "options" I was talking about) He could run away and play it safe. He could fight the players with his precision weapon and then go down for the gun. Or, he could spot where the SAW landed, run after it and slaughter the opposing players with it in hopes that he can get to it and kill them before they kill him.

Basically, I'm saying that I enjoy the way the games emergent gameplay (the SAW falling off the edge) interacts with the player's free will (those options). All Halos did this, but I feel it was better in 4 because the physics are better.

When you have bads sitting in a remote corner with DMR, going full wookie all day long, descoping should return. When bads spend all game getting out-BRed and scurrying away like rodents, sprint needs to go. And when motherf***ing YoloMcSwagX420 is soaring to the top of the skybox and then sending a hail of AR rounds and magnetic plasmas, AAs NEED REMOVAL. These are not things that I personally don't appreciate; they are ruining the gameplay and already horrible maps.

In your opinion. :\

Most reviews and ratings for H4 were written by ********* who played five minutes and said "OOH, DEM GRAPHICS BROOOO! TEH CHIEF LOOK GOOD AND COVIE SOOOO DETAILED!" Not to mention that there were actually some relatively decent game modes early on, like Slayer Pro.

You would think the reviews of people that didn't do that would damage the average scores.

Some? Only the absolute lowest common denominator of the Halo community. It went from, IIRC, approximately 1 million players at launch to less than Reach, last I played.

I meant to say "someone". But even if I had meant to say "some", you'd still only be arguing with a small portion of my statement. A portion that wasn't even an important part of the point I was making.
---
"Wait, why would you be talking to a marshmallow about Brennan?" -HungoverHero777
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#46CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/18/2013 7:24:27 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
emergent gameplay

Woah there, Those are some pretty fancy words.

Like try to keep it at a 4th grade reading level for, for all of our sakes ( But especially falcons. )
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656