The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

region free wii how?

#1Toho2Posted 8/19/2013 6:08:26 AM
How, if you have a hacked Wii, do you become region free and can play in other regions? Andy does it all the time.
---
-God have mercy on America.-
#2xXAISPXxPosted 8/19/2013 6:15:05 AM
I think you need two copies of the Wii (American and European) for it to work. I'm not sure, but I think a better resource would be Andy.
---
SOTD: "Noble, cant even potato sack. Too big and hard to manhandle, he just slams his hormone filled grab bag into unsuspecting bodies." -Jaye
#3kastasticPosted 8/19/2013 8:01:06 AM
I play in Pal land last night....fun games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckwQ7lZ98Cg

Andy supposedly buys a NTSC Wii and a NTSC C2 game and I think...ntsc tv capable.
But you will need a Pal and NTSC Conduit 2 game.
---
I go by: Jingle*bells, Savet, [KAS]Kim, [KAS]Motina and the gal with no name.
MSM payback> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCqLLJQlZuI
#4Loremas1861Posted 8/19/2013 10:29:10 AM
iirc, Andy has 2 C2 copies. One NTSC, one from PAL
---
"That's because Drift is addicted to it"
-Mike
#5jasonrk7bPosted 8/19/2013 11:01:57 AM
I know hacked Wii's can bypass the region lock, but I don't know for sure they can change their region to play online in that region.

I imagine you'd have to have access to the ISO of the game from that region, so Conduit 2 (EU)
---
Conduit 2 FC's: 0905-7525-6314 (JK)
#6old_man_mossyPosted 8/19/2013 11:07:20 AM
Loremas1861 posted...

Andy actually has two wii's - one for each region (and a wiiU) not just two copies. To my knowledge he's never hacked any of his systems.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 8/19/2013 3:08:46 PM
My TV isn't pal capable >.>
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8LigersRulePosted 8/19/2013 3:22:55 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Loremas1861 posted...

Andy actually has two wii's - one for each region (and a wiiU) not just two copies. To my knowledge he's never hacked any of his systems.

You're correct, sir. Well, mostly. He actually has 3 Wiis, 2 NTSC and 1 PAL. And that's not counting his PAL Wii U. He then has 3 copies of Conduit 2. Andy's got too much respect for Gaming as an industry to hack.

@TC: Even if you hack the Wii to play with the other region, you still need to have a copy from the region in question.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#9old_man_mossyPosted 8/19/2013 4:09:25 PM
Thought as much...but aside from them being cheap now and worry that disconnects might black ops his NTSC Wii...why bother having two?

Multiple address/homes probably?

Lol....good on Andy. And I Know he'd never hack. Like you said, he's too high class.

Though I do know more than afew home brewers who just want to ease burn on their ODR's or live in regions in the Mideast that sell both versions of consoles and both versions of games...and to brew keeps em from getting screwed.

But they aren't code using fakes or mongrels like we know from here and TCON.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#10ThePrisoner06Posted 8/19/2013 5:05:24 PM
Will just set the record straight lol.

I actually have FOUR Wii's, two PAL versions and two NTSC versions.

I also have 3 C2 discs, one PAL and two NTSC discs.

And yes my television has various settings on it which allows me to switch between PAL and NTSC.

I also have two black Wii U's.

I like Nintendo consoles lol.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK Mainly playing Zombi U. Currently Number 2 on the Standard mode Leaderboard for Zombi U.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg