Why C3 Should be Like C2 and not TCon

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 8/24/2013 6:29:45 PM
Video version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DPqu__1CH8

When it comes to Conduit 3, we really don't know if it is coming or not, but one thing that any fan or even someone who just played the games somewhat know how the games should behave as far as the meta-game for it, and its a two way street for people, some want it like The Conduit 1, some, like Conduit 2, me personally, I want it like Conduit 2 style, mostly because of the choices you get in that game and the freedom you have in it.

Back in C1, (The Conduit) there was just simply A LOT of restrictions on how you played, for one, you couldn't pick a weapon to start off with, you had to use weapons from a given weapon set, a primary, secondary, and three other weapons on the map, that was a big restriction of how things went down, another thing was that there was no perks in the game, at all, plus many other factors to, and i don't know about you, but I don't look forward to playing a game like that in Conduit 3, not fun.

The main reason why is as I've said, choice. If i want to start off with a Carbonizer as loadout, i should be able to do this, not have it forced on me that I have to use a Strike Rifle, that's garbage.

And that even includes the SMAW too.

Now, for some people, they think that going back to those days will force balance of weapons, and while it would, it would also compromise on choice, freedom to do what you want, how you want it, and for me, that's a no go.

And if the weapons do get out-off hand, just nerf it, and can nerf it to the point where its no longer a rocket launcher, or something that when compared to real life, doesn't fit, but for me, i rather it be weak and never used, than too strong and used all the time.

So in short, Conduit 3 needs to be like Conduit 2 80% of the way, because there was freedom in what you can do, simple.

Put your thoughts down, what would you vote for? Conduit 2 or The Conduit 1?

Thanks for reading and/or watching the video. :)

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#2VintageRonJohnPosted 8/24/2013 6:44:05 PM
I strongly prefer The Conduit. I despise the idea that players should get to start out with the weapon of their choice. I'm from the tradition of Goldeneye (N64) and Halo CE/2/3. Put the power weapons on the map and race to them, then fight to control them.

I don't even like Conduit 2. If TCon weren't full of hackers, that's what I would be playing right now.
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741
#3Loremas1861Posted 8/24/2013 6:44:32 PM
I agree with all of the above. The freedom is quite nice on C2

inb4falconsayscmosopinioniswrong
#4xXAISPXxPosted 8/24/2013 7:29:00 PM
Loremas1861 posted...

---
SOTD (Need some*): "Yeah but your cancer is in the toe. You can live without that." -Punch
#5Falcon_TryhardPosted 8/24/2013 8:33:25 PM
VintageRonJohn posted...
I strongly prefer The Conduit. I despise the idea that players should get to start out with the weapon of their choice. I'm from the tradition of Goldeneye (N64) and Halo CE/2/3. Put the power weapons on the map and race to them, then fight to control them.

I don't even like Conduit 2. If TCon weren't full of hackers, that's what I would be playing right now.

This. Loadouts ruin the concept of map control. As Cmo said, it would force balance. This is a good thing. Both the Conduit community and HVS should not be trusted in terms of weapon balance because you're all filthy casuals who don't understand MP balancing. If you want that good weapon, fight for it and then use it to hold a choke point, take out a group of persistent scrubs who won't let go of their objective, etc. I don't want to see jackasses running around with SMAWs and Carbonizers and TPCs from the start. Partially because they're easy-mode and partially because of what I already stated.

It takes away from the element of skill when you spawn with random s***. No one is on an even footing to begin with and it turns into chaos. That's why traditional FPS games make you work for that rocket launcher or sniper. It adds another degree of skill to the game. This is also why loadout-based games like BF and CoD are often trash, with Conduit most definitely not an exception.
#6Loremas1861Posted 8/24/2013 9:28:35 PM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
I don't want to see ********* running around with SMAWs and Carbonizers and TPCs from the start.

Touche, Falcon. Very good point.
#7--Hope--Posted 8/24/2013 9:42:06 PM
Yea, I can see how having multiplayer loadouts chosen can be bad, especially with TryhardFalcon trying hard to be a S.M.A.W. scrandom. ( note the sarcasm)

My solution:

1. Nerf the Scar! Only have it be burst fire auto on hip fire and keep single fire in scope mode. damage needs to be nerfed, sorry folks but a basic assault rifle should NOT overpower a laser shooting death gun with ease. (Carby is nerfed in it's own way, it's easy to counter when they are concentrating on someone.)

2.Get rid of the smaw entirely. No one person should hold an anti vehicle bazooka when there are not even vehicles, and overall is a bad weapon, with horrible accuracy and the ridiculously crazy amount of splash damage. Goodbye to the Smaw.

Spas I believed to be OP but I learned that it is most certainly counter-able.

Cmo, other than those two wep issues I agree with loadouts 100%
---
0906-3982-2148--[R.S.L]Hope C2 FCBloop.
Blip.Bleep.BAP.Shigidy digidy dop.With a cherry on top~Gabe,LR,HOHero.-That quote made my day.
#8CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:00:58 AM
Loremas1861 posted...

Yeah, freedom in a video is what people want in videos PERIOD, so why restrict it and lose sales?
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#9CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:10:26 AM
VintageRonJohn posted...

Well, that's a good reason as any, too bad for you on the last part, sucks. :/
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#10CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:15:34 AM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...

This. Loadouts ruin the concept of map control. As Cmo said, it would force balance. This is a good thing. Both the Conduit community and HVS should not be trusted in terms of weapon balance because you're all filthy casuals who don't understand MP balancing. If you want that good weapon, fight for it and then use it to hold a choke point, take out a group of persistent scrubs who won't let go of their objective, etc. I don't want to see jackasses running around with SMAWs and Carbonizers and TPCs from the start. Partially because they're easy-mode and partially because of what I already stated.

It takes away from the element of skill when you spawn with random s***. No one is on an even footing to begin with and it turns into chaos. That's why traditional FPS games make you work for that rocket launcher or sniper. It adds another degree of skill to the game. This is also why loadout-based games like BF and CoD are often trash, with Conduit most definitely not an exception.

It would force balance while taking away fun, I rather have fun then balance if it came down to the wire, just look at Modern Warfare 2's weapons set (Other than the noob tubes, they weren't fun or balanced) very unbalanced weapons, ACR, UMP, TAR21, and more, EVERYTHING was OP in that game, but was it fun?

HECK YES

So in short since you are like TL;DR Falcon.

Fun > balance.
---
Conduit, More, Often.