Why C3 Should be Like C2 and not TCon

#11CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:18:34 AM
--Hope-- posted...
Yea, I can see how having multiplayer loadouts chosen can be bad, especially with TryhardFalcon trying hard to be a S.M.A.W. scrandom. ( note the sarcasm)

My solution:

1. Nerf the Scar! Only have it be burst fire auto on hip fire and keep single fire in scope mode. damage needs to be nerfed, sorry folks but a basic assault rifle should NOT overpower a laser shooting death gun with ease. (Carby is nerfed in it's own way, it's easy to counter when they are concentrating on someone.)

2.Get rid of the smaw entirely. No one person should hold an anti vehicle bazooka when there are not even vehicles, and overall is a bad weapon, with horrible accuracy and the ridiculously crazy amount of splash damage. Goodbye to the Smaw.

Spas I believed to be OP but I learned that it is most certainly counter-able.

Cmo, other than those two wep issues I agree with loadouts 100%

Love the sarcasm! xD

But yeah, I wouldn't mind it if they took out the SMAW entirely the gun, just needs something done to prevent people from abusing, even if it means its gone 100% out of the game.

Don't forget about the USP.45 needing a nerf, that gun kills faster than the SCAR does!

Also, SPAS isn't really OP, it has very strong counters to it.:)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#12CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 5:20:12 AM
Loremas1861 posted...
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
I don't want to see ********* running around with SMAWs and Carbonizers and TPCs from the start.

Touche, Falcon. Very good point.

Eh, not really, Carbonizers isn't OP, just kills fast, TPC's aren't that bad, and the SMAW can be killed off or just made very bad.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#13Falcon_TryhardPosted 8/25/2013 1:04:22 PM
@Cmo: Jesus. The f**ing ignorance in your posts is almost sickening. First, sacraficing loadouts would NOT ruin sales if the game was well-made. TCon pissed on C2 in sales.

Second, referencing MW2 wasn't the brightest idea. That was, suprisingly, right around the time it became a mindless twitch shooter designed for twelve-year olds with ADD. It did well, but showed that the CoD community is extremely obtuse and will buy awful games for a variety of reasons, one of the main ones being that they're horrible at other games.

TL;DR---your examples are bad and you make your argument worse with each post.
#14CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 2:47:33 PM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
@Cmo: Jesus. The f**ing ignorance in your posts is almost sickening. First, sacraficing loadouts would NOT ruin sales if the game was well-made. TCon pissed on C2 in sales.

Second, referencing MW2 wasn't the brightest idea. That was, suprisingly, right around the time it became a mindless twitch shooter designed for twelve-year olds with ADD. It did well, but showed that the CoD community is extremely obtuse and will buy awful games for a variety of reasons, one of the main ones being that they're horrible at other games.

TL;DR---your examples are bad and you make your argument worse with each post.

In your opinion that most people don't care about Falcon.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#15Symphonia46Posted 8/25/2013 2:55:11 PM
Falcon_Tryhard posted...
VintageRonJohn posted...
I strongly prefer The Conduit. I despise the idea that players should get to start out with the weapon of their choice. I'm from the tradition of Goldeneye (N64) and Halo CE/2/3. Put the power weapons on the map and race to them, then fight to control them.

I don't even like Conduit 2. If TCon weren't full of hackers, that's what I would be playing right now.

This. Loadouts ruin the concept of map control. As Cmo said, it would force balance. This is a good thing. Both the Conduit community and HVS should not be trusted in terms of weapon balance because you're all filthy casuals who don't understand MP balancing. If you want that good weapon, fight for it and then use it to hold a choke point, take out a group of persistent scrubs who won't let go of their objective, etc. I don't want to see jackasses running around with SMAWs and Carbonizers and TPCs from the start. Partially because they're easy-mode and partially because of what I already stated.

It takes away from the element of skill when you spawn with random s***. No one is on an even footing to begin with and it turns into chaos. That's why traditional FPS games make you work for that rocket launcher or sniper. It adds another degree of skill to the game. This is also why loadout-based games like BF and CoD are often trash, with Conduit most definitely not an exception.

I agree with all this. The reasons are spot-on and I can relate to the post.
---
"Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?" -Phoenix Wright
http://i.imgur.com/9UUJ0.jpg
#16LigersRulePosted 8/25/2013 3:15:15 PM
I agree with one thing you said, Cmo.

The main reason why is as I've said, choice.

But I don't mean it in the same sense you do.

If loadouts = fun for you, there is a game where you can do that. It's called Call of Duty. Or new Halo. Or GE Wii. But for people who like traditional shooters (Quake, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Halo 1-3 GE64), there are no modern games which play like them. None.

I would rather have weapon pickups and UT style gameplay than loadouts and CoD style gameplay. If you disagree? Cool. But other games do it a lot better than Conduit. I suggest you buy an Xbox One and Titanfall or Halo 5.

But I would rather have a choice. I would rather be able to choose traditional gameplay over modern. Which doesn't exist in the industry right now.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#17xXAISPXxPosted 8/25/2013 3:29:49 PM(edited)
I don't like the idea of not having load outs. It basically indirectly dictates my use of the Phase Rifle...
---
SOTD (Need some*): "I can't afFORD to laugh at this right now." -Shen
#18CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 3:57:53 PM
LigersRule posted...
I agree with one thing you said, Cmo.

The main reason why is as I've said, choice.

But I don't mean it in the same sense you do.

If loadouts = fun for you, there is a game where you can do that. It's called Call of Duty. Or new Halo. Or GE Wii. But for people who like traditional shooters (Quake, Unreal Tournament, Doom, Halo 1-3 GE64), there are no modern games which play like them. None.

I would rather have weapon pickups and UT style gameplay than loadouts and CoD style gameplay. If you disagree? Cool. But other games do it a lot better than Conduit. I suggest you buy an Xbox One and Titanfall or Halo 5.

But I would rather have a choice. I would rather be able to choose traditional gameplay over modern. Which doesn't exist in the industry right now.

It sounds like you are coming from the perspective of Conduit 3 will be like Conduit 1, which we don't even know is coming out or not, also, the number of people that like non-modern shooters is declining, so why appeal to a smaller audience?

Also, I'm getting Xbox One, but I will not be getting Halo 5 if its anything like Reach or before.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#19LigersRulePosted 8/25/2013 4:17:16 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
It sounds like you are coming from the perspective of Conduit 3 will be like Conduit 1, which we don't even know is coming out or not, also, the number of people that like non-modern shooters is declining, so why appeal to a smaller audience?

Also, I'm getting Xbox One, but I will not be getting Halo 5 if its anything like Reach or before.

I thought the whole topic was a hypothetical involving a future Conduit 3? Isn't that what the OP is about?

Even if the number of people who like traditional shooters is declining (source?), it's still higher than the people who would buy a generic CoD clone.

If you want loadout games, there are lots that do it better than Conduit 2. But if you want traditional shooters, you don't have any choice.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*