How good is the online nowadays?

#1Hedgehog_KnightPosted 9/1/2013 1:29:49 AM
I'm thinking about getting this for my birthday this October, now that I have a Wii again, but I have just a few questions about the multiplayer.

- How active is it? Does it take long to get a match going?

- How is the quality of the random(public) matches? Are they reasonably fair or have they devolved like Metroid Prime: Hunters' random multiplayer, where the only matches that don't contain glitchers and cheaters, are a spamfest of the same one or two tactics? Close-range Imperialists ruined that game for me... -_-

- How well do new players fare? Is there a filter that gives priority to newer players, when searching for opponents?
---
"All stopped too... If we have no magic stick, it will be the same thing." - Zac - PuLiRuLa
#21PefrogPosted 9/1/2013 6:21:35 AM
I find matches every day. There are times when you find hackers, glitchers, and other tactics that are distasteful but overall I still have fun. If you keep tabs here on gamefaqs you can find out when other players are on. A beginner will most likely be matched with other beginners but there will probably be good or some OP players in those matches too.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#3xXAISPXxPosted 9/1/2013 6:24:04 AM
I got this game at my birthday in October, too. You'll always find a match in BTGB during the day time, but those games can get pretty laggy.
---
SOTD: "Current Awkward Level in this thread: 9,265 (over 9000!)" -Brennan
#4The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/1/2013 12:19:30 PM
If you don't like spam keep an eye out for ventus and friends.
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 Weapwns: Phase Rifle, Carby, Shotgun, Scar, Hive Cannon, and of course ARC. I party.
#5DerppopotamusPosted 9/1/2013 2:45:19 PM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
Close-range Imperialists ruined that game for me... -_-

Bleah. I feel you, man.

This game has a big selection of weapons, and about 5 of them get used a lot more than the rest. But its better than just 1.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#6Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 11:03:23 PM
Ok, sounds like fun. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this! Thanks for the input, everyone.
---
"All stopped too... If we have no magic stick, it will be the same thing." - Zac - PuLiRuLa