Damage in Conduit 2 (How it Works)

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 9/15/2013 2:56:30 PM
Just a topic I've been wanting to do for a while, hope you guys like it.

Also, note, I'm on my iPod Touch, so if there is spelling errors, give me a pass, the letters are small. Thank you.

So, damage. Damage in C2 is something very simple, but has a lot of small things to it that aren't known almost at all, and I will explain them soon enough, but on to damage.

The concept of damage is very simple, its just inflicting hurt upon your opponets to kill them, that its. But how you do this in Conduit 2 is a little intresting, because when you compare it to other games, its a bit different, and heres how.

First, unlike other first person shooter games, the damage a gun deals does not change over any given range, this means that if you someone with a pistol that we will say does 30 damage at point blank range, it will stay at 30 at across the map in Argtha, it will stay the same no matter what range you are at.

Another thing that when compared to other FPSs, most guns in C2 don't have hitscans, if you don't know what a hitscan is, its simply an invisble laser that the exact moment you fire your weapon the bullet will hit the person you targeted, its really simple.

And most guns in Conduit 2 don't have this, its really most ballistic weapons and maybe a few energy weapons that have a hitscan, other than those, Conduit 2 does not have hitscans.

Now, as far as what can increase damage for these weapons, its the perks, and damage control point. How much they increase it by is varies from each perk and such.

Ballistic Focus: 17%
Improved Ballistic Damage: 9%
Energy Focus: 16%
Improved Energy Damage: 8%
Damage Control Point: 13%
Phase Rifle Specialzation: 60%

That is how much it increases by, and in oder to figure out the damage output, you simply do a little simple math.

First, you take your current damage of a weapon, we will do the USP.45, which is 17, but also 16.6, but I will explain that later.

After doing that, multiply the damage by the perk, in this case we will do Ballistic Focus.

Then you have your damage! It would look something like this: 17 x 1.17 = 19.89.

Its that simple, and you also don't round the damage to, just fyi.

However, for some reason, some weapons do have rounded damages, the USP.45 is an example of this.

When shooting someone with the USP, it will take 6 shots to kill them, but it has 16.6 damage and for those who know damages and shots to kill, it doesn't match up, because 16.6 times 6 does 99.6, just 0.4 damage from killing someone at 100 hp, and since that is tge regular amount of hp someone has in C2, we need to find out why it takes 6 shots to kill someone, and thats because it the USPs raw damage is rounded, to test this, you have to go into a private match and just turn the hp to 17, it will take two shots to kill instead of 1 shot, and the only way to explain this is that the damage is rounded for the USP.45, its weird, but how it works.

Also, the SPAS 12 might have the same effect to, but I have yet to test this.

Hopefully you guys liked this information, I think its pretty intresting, and I think you guys will to, comment on your thoughts on this. :)

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#2The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/15/2013 3:10:23 PM
You are very smart.
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. Carby, Hivey, ARC, SPAS, SCAR.
#3CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:19:56 PM
The_Mad_Kitten posted...
You are very smart.

Thank you. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#41PefrogPosted 9/15/2013 3:59:53 PM
I am pretty sure the warpy's charged shot is 99.6, but kills an unarmored opponent in one shot that is not bounced. It's base damage on wikiwhatever is 16.6.
---
If it's yellow, leave it for the next fellow. If it's brown, flush it down.
#5CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:09:35 PM
1Pefrog posted...
I am pretty sure the warpy's charged shot is 99.6, but kills an unarmored opponent in one shot that is not bounced. It's base damage on wikiwhatever is 16.6.

Well, it probably rounds up when charged.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#6night42marePosted 9/15/2013 4:35:26 PM
Hey can u post a list of weopons and beside them a damage percentage. (Plus upgrade damage boost percentage.)
---
When in doubt, blow it up!!! Fc: 0519-6423-6202 soul2&-fc:4084-6731-4819
eclipse^rage fc:0433-96528-6899
#7Toho2Posted 9/15/2013 4:43:45 PM
Thanks for the info Cmo! :)
---
-God save America.-
#8CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:57:33 PM
night42mare posted...
Hey can u post a list of weopons and beside them a damage percentage. (Plus upgrade damage boost percentage.)

Sure. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#9CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:59:04 PM
Toho2 posted...
Thanks for the info Cmo! :)

Np. :D
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#10The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/15/2013 5:30:48 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
night42mare posted...

Sure. :)

Done.
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. Carby, Hivey, ARC, SPAS, SCAR.