Its the right thing to do.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 9/17/2013 11:46:02 PM
Since everybody it seems is allowed to chime in on this...

My input is that TPRTV should be allowed to join BPB.

Conduit 2 is merely a game, and it is really quite cruel to bar somebody from participating with you, especially when they clearly very much want to.

And, I get that clans don't exactly operate well without some level of exclusivity, even if only for the warm fuzzy feeling it gives you for being part of one, however, the particular clan in question, BPB, doesn't exactly have a history of being particularly hard core.
On the contrary, I'd say the history of the clan has been much more relaxed, and happy go lucky than most.

So, I don't see this as something that violates BPB's principles in any way.

There is that thing about TPRTV making that topic proclaiming himself to be in the clan already, which is admittedly unusual. But I can already anticipate people bringing this up, or at least feeling that this is something that disqualifies him from joining.
And to that I say, That is an incredibly lame reason to disqualify somebody, and anybody who sees that and doesn't think "I've been there before" has a remarkably unrealistic view of themselves.

Now I admit, there is much that has happened that I am unaware of, as is usually the case.
When it comes to the goings ons between peoples, I am usually almost entirely in the dark, and normally rely on Sig to tell me through PMs when it becomes clear that I'm clueless.
That being said, I can't imagine anything that could have happened, or that TPRTV could have done that would disallow BPB from letting him to participate in Conduit 2 with them.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#2LigersRulePosted 9/17/2013 11:55:55 PM
You think that he just proclaimed himself a member? It's not like that. He asked. He was DECLINED. Derps said no. It was then that he said (paraphrasing) "Screw you, Derps, I'm going to be in your clan anyway", and made the topic, after being told he wasn't going to be aloud in.

How the hell is that a good clan dynamic? I don't care if it's uncharacteristic of Derps and BPB at all, it's going to cause tons of problems. And what is the point of even having clans and clan leaders if people can just proclaim themselves members even after being refused?!
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#3CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 12:11:53 AM(edited)
LigersRule posted...
You think that he just proclaimed himself a member? It's not like that. He asked. He was DECLINED. Derps said no. It was then that he said (paraphrasing) "Screw you, Derps, I'm going to be in your clan anyway", and made the topic, after being told he wasn't going to be aloud in.

How the hell is that a good clan dynamic? I don't care if it's uncharacteristic of Derps and BPB at all, it's going to cause tons of problems. And what is the point of even having clans and clan leaders if people can just proclaim themselves members even after being refused?!

If something as stupid as that is going to cause problems, then the clan is already screwed.
I'm sure its not beyond the capacity of those in the clan to brush it off and forget about it tomorrow.

The point of having a clan is to enjoy the game, and the community. What is the point of having a clan, if you have to tear the community apart to build it?

And I'm not saying that everybody should just be able to be in whatever clan they want, because thats the clan they want to be in. That is especially impractical in prestigous clans. But BPB should really consider the reasons they originally rejected him.

TPRTV is more important than BPB, or Con2.

We can afford to lose clans, but we can't afford to lose players.

And we can't afford to have an unhealthy community.

---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 12:23:37 AM(edited)
Also, I'm disappointed with Gabe.
Weren't you JUST in a situation like this?

I would expect a "I gots your back broski" instead of making a thread and publicly calling TPRTV a nuisance.

perhaps you where a little more controlled when it was you, but lets not forget that you also caused a kerfuffle.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5hc-valkiriaPosted 9/18/2013 7:45:14 AM
Well, I think that even though I highly oppose such bold behavior as to join presumtively, the more important issue is what it symbolizes. If this is how one acts in the beginning, this only shows all the possible fights down the road.
#6CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:05:47 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
Well, I think that even though I highly oppose such bold behavior as to join presumtively, the more important issue is what it symbolizes. If this is how one acts in the beginning, this only shows all the possible fights down the road.

This isn't the very beginning.

TPRTV has been here a long time, and this doesn't seem very characteristic of him.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7hc-valkiriaPosted 9/18/2013 8:10:24 AM
I meant the beginning of his relationship with bpb.
#8CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:12:42 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
I meant the beginning of his relationship with bpb.

Ah.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#9DerppopotamusPosted 9/18/2013 2:00:42 PM
BPB has always been a well mannered clan of nice folks. I tried to keep it the way it used to be, but even old BPB turned someone down every once in a while. Like that one dude who tried to join every clan. I'd never say no to someone because they aren't good enough. I just can't have the few members that we do have throwing a temper tantrum and calling out people for the slightest thing.
---
I wish I were a bird.
#10MindesynPosted 9/18/2013 3:44:12 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
we can't afford to lose players, and we can't afford to have an unhealthy community.

Sometimes losing certain players makes the community healthier. I know I can think of one or two most wouldnt mind seeing leave.
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!