Conduit 2 players from FF5 ruined my friends Wii

#1_SignalPosted 9/24/2013 3:41:47 PM
Some explaining needs to be done about the inner workings of FF5. FF5 is like a secret society akin to the Freemasons or the Knights Templar. The idea of a secret C2 clan was not conceived by me, but rather was mentioned to me in passing a long time ago by someone no longer at Gfaqs. I later developed the idea because I wanted to draw a close personal friend back into the game after they quit.

FF5 membership is by invitation only, so in that regard we are exclusive. I wish it didn’t have to be this way, but our secret nature mandates that it be such. Prospective members be known personally and be trustworthy. An invitation is typically offered in only two situations, either when a player has a strong desire to avoid the attention (good or bad) that organized play might garner, or after a player quits the game permanently. “Retirement” must be evident by their absence for some time from public play.

When a player is invited, they do not know who is already in the clan (though I guess now they will know I am). They play with us for a time and have to accept membership without knowing any of our identities. They’re never told until after they join, and even then only if that member wishes to disclose who they are.

Players who reject the invitation gain no knowledge about anyone already in the clan.

Anyone wishing to retire from FF5 is allowed to do so at any time.

Our code is simple:
We play for fun, we play fair, and we play anonymously.
We don’t share personal information with each other.
We play without glitching or hacking.
We remain neutral in “political” discussions at Gfaqs.
We limit our posting to the details of matches. However I must confess that I like to break character and insult Falcon from time to time.

Our code prevents us from headhunting from any other clan. While we have been accused of this, it is simply not true. There will never be a way to either prove or disprove these accusations. Divulging the names of everyone who played against LC won’t prove or disprove anything. Names could simply be made up. You must make up your own mind as an individual and choose to believe me or not. This is the main reason I decided to “come-out” as Sommer. My hope in coming-out was to lend some credibility to the FF5 name. I guess we’ll see how that works out. Right now it seems like it could go either way, LOL.

In addition, our code discourages discussions between members that may inadvertently reveal personal information. This would result in ejection from the clan as it violates the basic premise of the clan, that being, it is an anonymous clan.

Because we strive to maintain anonymity even within the clan we all use the FF5 IGN. It’s not a tactical gimmick. After a match, I know only my own statistics, and not my clan mates. While it’s a confusing mess when playing FFA’s with four other people with the same IGN, it does eliminate the possibility of a clan member ever being singled out and blamed for a loss in a war.

At times we do recruit sparring partners in an effort to sustain our own private 3v3 matches. All FF5 members know who these people are, and we discuss their inclusion at length before inviting them to play with us, but they are never supposed to know any of our identities. They may or may not belong to other clans. They would never participate with us in a clan war. It is also the practice that they play using their regular account, and they’re discouraged from creating a FF5 IGN.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:42:13 PM
FF5 has also been accused of ruining friendships, but I assure you that this is an event that is independent of FF5. FF5 is precisely engineered to prevent such problems, and while I’m sorry that Lost Cause’s defeat triggered whatever happened, it really isn’t FF5’s fault.

I apologize to my clan mates for breaking our code to divulge this information, but the situation seemed to merit it.

As a side note, the distrust within our community now is unbelievable. The default manner of thinking seems to be that someone is lying rather than telling the truth. There are specific reasons that some FF5 members names will always be withheld; not to deceive or gain an advantage, but because those individuals would rather not be drawn into situations precisely like this one.

Let the assault begin.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#3nightrisenPosted 9/24/2013 3:47:02 PM
guess we got to go Ezio Auditore on these people
---
If you got a PS3 add me, my psn account is Nightrise951
#4The21stgunPosted 9/24/2013 5:03:52 PM
Dial up the drama,

The Maurry Shows in da house!

And sig, this must be very hard on you,mi wish the best
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#5nightrisenPosted 9/24/2013 5:08:57 PM
to be honest i dont get what the big deal is but I wasn't really here so what do I know
---
If you got a PS3 add me, my psn account is Nightrise951
#6PUNCHOUT1116Posted 9/24/2013 5:16:46 PM
Well I did figure out who FF5s secret third man was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6aRr9zhyM8
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 9/24/2013 5:29:32 PM
IMPOSSIBRU
---
PSN: BlueStar7152 | MAG, Uncharted 3
XBL: ajwmawesome | Skyrim, 007 Legends, Minecraft
#8DerppopotamusPosted 9/24/2013 5:35:22 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Mmm, brother.
---
I wish I were a bird.
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 9/24/2013 5:48:15 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Mmm, brother.

He was the third man all along. Shocking, truly shocking.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10The21stgunPosted 9/24/2013 5:52:40 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

*faints*
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html