I HATE Hardcore

#21__CSNPosted 9/27/2013 4:00:09 PM
It's not so much the idea that bothers me, it's the "I'm not as good at this, so I deserve a boost" mentality. That frame of mind is destroying video games. We're seeing FPS games with zero recoil, tiny maps that funnel you into into enemies, copious aim assist, and a general attitude that bad players shouldn't have to put time in and become good but deserve a pair of crutches.
---
The Filthy __KaZuaL__
#22hc-valkiriaPosted 9/27/2013 4:11:57 PM
__CSN posted...
It's not so much the idea that bothers me, it's the "I'm not as good at this, so I deserve a boost" mentality. That frame of mind is destroying video games. We're seeing FPS games with zero recoil, tiny maps that funnel you into into enemies, copious aim assist, and a general attitude that bad players shouldn't have to put time in and become good but deserve a pair of crutches.

Same goes for GB players. When they first start playing and adjust to the controls, they can either quit and use smaw or keep improving. Cmo doesn't smaw so that mentality that you assimilate to him is false. he trained and fights as a legit player. You don't have the right to berate him for the way he thinks, just as he doesn't have the right to berate your way of thinking.
#23__CSNPosted 9/27/2013 4:24:30 PM
Anyone who cared about getting better wouldn't play the easy mode exclusively. You're not going to get better until you get off the booster seat and start crawling around, then walking, then running on your own. Cmo's not good because he refuses to leave the figurative booster seat. He's content being spoon-fed and not learning to do things, like aiming, on his own.
---
The Filthy __KaZuaL__
#24hc-valkiriaPosted 9/27/2013 4:36:55 PM
__CSN posted...
Anyone who cared about getting better wouldn't play the easy mode exclusively. You're not going to get better until you get off the booster seat and start crawling around, then walking, then running on your own. Cmo's not good because he refuses to leave the figurative booster seat. He's content being spoon-fed and not learning to do things, like aiming, on his own.

Getting better by using hardcore is only your opinion. There are other ways to improve that dont involve hardcore mode. Plus, you don't even know if he really wants to improve. He runs a clan that deals with montages and competitive play. How do you know if he likes competitive play more than making montages? You don't.
#25__CSNPosted 9/27/2013 4:43:26 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
__CSN posted...

Getting better by using hardcore is only your opinion. There are other ways to improve that dont involve hardcore mode. Plus, you don't even know if he really wants to improve. He runs a clan that deals with montages and competitive play. How do you know if he likes competitive play more than making montages? You don't.

You're the one implying that by saying he trains and "fights legit". You can make some improvement in GB, but it's going to hinder you severely because guys who don't need lock-on and radar will piss on you even when you have them. They can do well without crutches and with them they're still better.
---
The Filthy __KaZuaL__
#26hc-valkiriaPosted 9/27/2013 4:54:41 PM
__CSN posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
__CSN posted...

You're the one implying that by saying he trains and "fights legit". You can make some improvement in GB, but it's going to hinder you severely because guys who don't need lock-on and radar will piss on you even when you have them. They can do well without crutches and with them they're still better.

I said he TRAINED to be legit. That doesn't mean he wants to continue to improve. And I never said GB modes are the only way to improve a lot.
#27MindesynPosted 9/27/2013 4:57:36 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
All clans started with barely any players.

Not true. LC started with 4, had 6 within 2 days,
B05S had a decent stack
L*O had a ton of skilled players in Mossy, Punch, Chronic, Nexus, and Signal.
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#28The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/27/2013 5:15:15 PM
Mindesyn posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

B05S had a decent stack

And the best... Samu5.
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. Carby, Hivey, ARC, SPAS, SCAR.
#29CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 3:30:10 AM
Lol, Falcon. xD
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#30xXAISPXxPosted 9/28/2013 4:42:45 AM
Mindesyn posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

B05S had a decent stack

Even -HC- started with plenty of people. Seems there must've been about 5 members or perhaps more.