Does This Game Have Host Migration?

#11xXAISPXxPosted 9/29/2013 11:46:30 AM
TMac987654321 posted...
_Signal posted...
By the way, welcome new guys. I'm anxious to hear what you think of C2.

Host migration in C2 seems to be a three step process:

1. Suspend everyone at the respawn stage.
2. End the match.
3. Disconnect everyone from multiplayer.

I'm kidding of course, sometimes it actually does work, but usually doesn't.


In GE it just says "Host Quit, Leaving Game" then you're sent to the online menu


I hate that. In Conduit 2, host usually migrates.
---
SOTD: Need one..bring out the Punch in you!
#12old_man_mossyPosted 9/29/2013 3:20:38 PM
What Signal said is my experience...or if you are lucky a long render screen followed by buzzing lockup!
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#13LigersRulePosted 9/29/2013 3:28:22 PM
The thing, Signal and Mossy, is that those are only the times you notice. In a big lobby, hosts migrate once or twice a match. I would guess that about 90% of the time there is a host migration, the most noticeable thing is a tiny bit of lag. The other 10%, something goes wrong. People disconnect or something. But a host migration that works 90% of the time is still better than not having Host Migration at all.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#14_SignalPosted 9/29/2013 3:31:01 PM
Sometimes it does work, maybe a little less than 50% of the time. When it does work you'll usually notice a really laggy player disappear.

It can't always be me and Mossy can it?

One plus of C2 is that you never know who the host is... I think. And because the stats aren't readily visible, I don't think many people quit C2 matches just because they're not doing well. Most likely, when they try to rejoin, they'll just be back n the same match again anyway.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#15xXAISPXxPosted 9/29/2013 4:47:50 PM
LigersRule posted...
The thing, Signal and Mossy, is that those are only the times you notice. In a big lobby, hosts migrate once or twice a match. I would guess that about 90% of the time there is a host migration, the most noticeable thing is a tiny bit of lag. The other 10%, something goes wrong. People disconnect or something. But a host migration that works 90% of the time is still better than not having Host Migration at all.


True, but sometimes I get disconnected during a host migration.
---
SOTD: Need one..bring out the Punch in you!
#16The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/29/2013 5:09:37 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
LigersRule posted...
The thing, Signal and Mossy, is that those are only the times you notice. In a big lobby, hosts migrate once or twice a match. I would guess that about 90% of the time there is a host migration, the most noticeable thing is a tiny bit of lag. The other 10%, something goes wrong. People disconnect or something. But a host migration that works 90% of the time is still better than not having Host Migration at all.


True, but sometimes I get disconnected during a host migration.


SOMETIMES?!?! I always get disconnected, you are so lucky.
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. Carby, Hivey, ARC, SPAS, SCAR.
#17The_Mad_KittenPosted 9/29/2013 5:12:17 PM
I lol'd thanks to this:
http://icemorbid.deviantart.com/art/Rage-Faces-302231855
---
Hi, I'm Venonat. Venonat FC: 3182-0595-9973- [BPB]venonat FC:4986-6699-3607 I am proud of my two Phase Rifles, 5P4K3Y and BL1TZ. Carby, Hivey, ARC, SPAS, SCAR.
#18_SignalPosted 9/29/2013 6:29:05 PM
LigersRule posted...
The thing, Signal and Mossy, is that those are only the times you notice. In a big lobby, hosts migrate once or twice a match. I would guess that about 90% of the time there is a host migration, the most noticeable thing is a tiny bit of lag. The other 10%, something goes wrong. People disconnect or something. But a host migration that works 90% of the time is still better than not having Host Migration at all.


Sorry Lig, I was probably writing my post when yours went up and I didn't see it until just now.

It is possible that you are right, and I only notice it when there's a problem. I hadn't considered that.

Also, I seem to have consistent connection problems myself, in spite of having pretty fast internet, a relatively new router, and moderate ping times. Maybe I'm just the lagger, LOL.
---
The Wii Shooter Unleashed! Wooof! Wooof!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#19BarryBiggunPosted 9/30/2013 4:34:46 AM(edited)
Oh hey V... speaking of migration... where's the gym in this place? Must be pretty small if I can't find it... kind of like your voice ;D
#20NoWeight2GreatPosted 9/30/2013 11:48:49 AM
My host just migrated to Canada!!



But he was a Duck.
---
RIPPED RICK