Conduit 2 vs. Golden Eye

#11old_man_mossyPosted 10/1/2013 4:19:55 PM
Always thought the GE games reviewers drank the cool aide lol.

No headset support.

Ridiculous weapon balance that lacks C2 shop or in game campaign exchange

Host dead ends where if they rage quit...your game is done.

GE's online was terrible. IMHO nostalgia goggles and a very solid campaign got it a score its multiplayer didn't deserve.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12DarxWingDuckPosted 10/1/2013 4:40:11 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Always thought the GE games reviewers drank the cool aide lol.

No headset support.

Ridiculous weapon balance that lacks C2 shop or in game campaign exchange

Host dead ends where if they rage quit...your game is done.

GE's online was terrible. IMHO nostalgia goggles and a very solid campaign got it a score its multiplayer didn't deserve.

the weapons and gadgets are all very well balanced, not sure why you think otherwise. bad players with the best weapons still get owned by good players with lower level weapons. for wars there are only a few items which generally always get banned (automatic shotgun, toob, proxies)

i never even finished the off line campaign, nobody cares about that when buying an online FPS.

the host quit thing was super annoying when the game first came out and everybody was trying to level up... but now, geez... i've been max level for over 2 years and i could careless. i agree, that is one area where C2 has a 1-up on GE.

nostalgia did nothing for this game, it's not like N64 version at all... that's the reason many of us bought the game, but that would have nothing to do with the ratings.

clearly you all like C2 better than GE, i don't see why any of you need to make up nonsense to justify that though. you like C2 better? great, keep playing!
#13JmyWhsprsPosted 10/1/2013 6:03:21 PM
Fial thread

you should feel bad, OP
---
FC: 2072-1579-5145 [Chief Operator]NNID:JmyWhsprs, [GE] JmyWhsprs, 56-JmyWhsprs
#14zPsychPosted 10/1/2013 6:10:47 PM
JmyWhsprs posted...
Fial thread

you should feel bad, OP

You should feel worse fool, you spelled fail* wrong
---
Why you wanna battle the kids with steel tongues?
#15tommy290Posted 10/1/2013 6:15:01 PM
zPsych posted...
JmyWhsprs posted...
Fial thread

you should feel bad, OP

I'm gonna like you.
---
http://www.tommy290.com/ | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
#16tk_vPosted 10/1/2013 6:33:07 PM
tommy290 posted...
zPsych posted...
JmyWhsprs posted...
Fial thread

you should feel bad, OP

I'm gonna like you.

I'm gonna like you moar than Slowbro does.
---
-V- 3710-7290-2630
#17TMac987654321Posted 10/1/2013 6:55:32 PM
Combat in C2 = jumping around spraying incredibly inaccurate guns at each other or trying to blow each other up.

Combat in GE = very precise aiming; most confrontations last 2 seconds at most. Goldeneye is much faster paced and reliable in terms of how much it takes to kill someone. I've played long enough that I can actually shoot a certain amount of bullets into people and move to another target before getting the +5xp.

Conduit 2 is more of a party game in my opinion, while GE is much better for competition. We've had hundreds of clan wars, while you guys seem to need to set 50 different rules for each one. A standard GE war is "52-54 ban best of 7 TC"

I saw somebody say no voice chat? We Skype, no problem. Who wants to talk to random squeakers?

We also have RTM's. nuff said
---
T-Mac
MK NIGHTWOLF
#18__CSNPosted 10/1/2013 7:01:13 PM
Yeah, professional reviews are always 100% accurate and not casual ignorance in written form.

See also: KZ3 and H4.
---
The Filthy __KaZuaL__
#19DarxWingDuckPosted 10/1/2013 7:05:37 PM
__CSN posted...
Yeah, professional reviews are always 100% accurate and not casual ignorance in written form.

See also: KZ3 and H4.

which is why i use gamerankings.com

sure, there's a few biased reviews out there... but if you think EVERYBODY has a conspiracy against a game you like, that's just silly.

it really doesn't matter. if you think C2 is greatest game on earth, then who cares what anybody else thinks? i only reference reviews if i'm thinking about buying game... not 2+ years after i've been playing.

i merely responded to the TC, who found a review that clearly represents the minority.
#20CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/1/2013 7:27:27 PM
First off.

Reviews are not a very good means of measuring even at the best of times, But Con2 in particular has a number of things going against it.

First off, Con2 got slammed hard by reviews. Nearly all of them praised it as being better than the original, but being a sequel, criticisms came quick, and reviewers were not as forgiving.
( Which is normal, and natural, but puts the game at a disadvantage to the long awaited namessake of one of the greatest console FPS made )

Also a problem was the small number of reviews it got.
Con2 received a few reviews which were... really nothing more than unprofessional, childish attacks. Saying things that were factually wrong, reveling basically all the spoilers, and of course taking the time to plug your own amazon bookstore.

Now, this happens to some extent to many games, but... Its effect is reduced the more reviews you get.

But I think the major problem when looking at reviews for Con2 is actually this:

Few of the reviewers even played multiplayer.
And... We all know single player wasn't pretty.

As well as the fact that, The game is drastically different from launch, thanks to its innumerable updates.
At launch the game was unstable, both in multiplayer, and single player, that's been almost completely fixed. There used to be a pretty bad spawn glitch, which is now extremely rare. and all these things, which are not insignificant.
And on top of that, the gameplay has been much improved as well, not just improving balance changing damage variables and such, by actually changing the way certain weapons and perks work. ( to the point where the in game descriptions aren't even accurate anymore )

So, if you want to look at reviews, and compare. What you actually want to do is look at fan reviews, and cut off all the reviews that were made within a week or two of launch.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656