OK valk, Intervention time.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/4/2013 8:39:42 PM
Here is how it is.

Your connection is SO bad, that ever since you started playing, Way back LONG before you joined here, I would pray every night that you would quit playing.
Not even joking.

I would tell myself.
"Man, it has got to be SOOO miserable having such a bad connection, there's no way she will be able to hold out much longer."

But then Month after month after month, you kept coming back.
And then, miraculously, for about 6 months, I almost never saw you in game :O

True story.

Anyway...
Please make sure your equipment isn't busted.
Routers and modems are just computers, and they can go bad quite frequently.
I tend to need to replace mine every 2-4 years.
You've probably logged in more hours in this game than just about anybody. So if you were able to find a problem, and fix it, it would be an improvement that would affect a lot of people.

In case you were thinking, 'You're the one thats always complaining, its probably your connection that sucks'. allow me to suggest otherwise.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3013071025
http://www.pingtest.net/result/87394355.png

Also, EVERYBODY who lives where other people use the same internet, or who have a slow connection speed, and if you have a linksys router, SET UP QOS!
I did tests where I capped my upload and download speeds to 250 kbps on my router to all my devices, while simultaneously uploading 6 videos to youtube, and downloading gigs of crap.
Without QOS, I was unable to connect online at all.
But after setting it up, I was able to play online like normal, with almost no noticeable impact in game.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#2hc-valkiriaPosted 10/4/2013 8:51:21 PM
I honestly don't get why mine is so bad. The router isn't even one year old. And the only devices that use the internet are a laptop and my wii. Idk. I think a lot of it was due to the size of the group. It was practically a full house so lag was bound to happen a lot. U sure its me? Cuz nobody else says I lag that much. Maybe we should battle in a small pub next time and see if I still lag..
#3Hu1kSmAshPosted 10/4/2013 8:55:40 PM
Chain's gonna Chain...
---
SOTD: "I will bring this board back. Those who oppose will be crushed between my thighs. I am unstoppable." -Punch
#4CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 9:08:24 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
I honestly don't get why mine is so bad. The router isn't even one year old. And the only devices that use the internet are a laptop and my wii. Idk. I think a lot of it was due to the size of the group. It was practically a full house so lag was bound to happen a lot. U sure its me? Cuz nobody else says I lag that much. Maybe we should battle in a small pub next time and see if I still lag..

Oh, its much better than that in smaller pubs.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#5MindesynPosted 10/4/2013 9:09:59 PM
Lag's gonna lag.

Also see sig
---
Conduit 2: http://i.imgur.com/BXZAJ.jpg
"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi" -Keet
#6CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 11:46:08 PM
Ricky is WAY worse >.>

Something is definitely going out. Every time I play him, its more laggy than the time before.

Hardly even touches the ground anymore.
Today it was officially XG4 Tier.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#7CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:04:03 AM(edited)
Oh and BTW, GGs valks from earlier.

Lag wasn't too bad after that first match.

It was hard being on your team while using Heavy armor, might want to look over your shoulder and check for me a little more often.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8Hu1kSmAshPosted 10/5/2013 7:02:49 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Ricky is WAY worse >.>

Something is definitely going out. Every time I play him, its more laggy than the time before.

Hardly even touches the ground anymore.
Today it was officially XG4 Tier.

Rate my Internet.
---
SOTD: "I will bring this board back. Those who oppose will be crushed between my thighs. I am unstoppable." -Punch
#9xX_ZeUs_XxPosted 10/5/2013 8:44:56 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

But after setting QOS up, I was able to play online like normal, with almost no noticeable impact in game.

You. What is QOS?!
---
About me:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit2/67346345/759799340
#10B05S_P4GPosted 10/5/2013 8:45:37 AM
I have never had lag problems with either Valkiria or Ricky.
---
3011-0210-9706
"That's like saying God made a deal with the devil..."