OK valk, Intervention time.

#11CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:23:13 AM
xX_ZeUs_Xx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

But after setting QOS up, I was able to play online like normal, with almost no noticeable impact in game.

You. What is QOS?!

Its Quality of service.
It gives bandwidth priority to certain devices based on either mac address, or static IP.
So having other devices on the network cannot interfere with the operations of whichever one you set up QOS for.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#12CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:24:06 AM
Hu1kSmAsh posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Ricky is WAY worse >.>

Something is definitely going out. Every time I play him, its more laggy than the time before.

Hardly even touches the ground anymore.
Today it was officially XG4 Tier.

Rate my Internet.

I forgot who you are.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#13Silly_Squirl_GPosted 10/5/2013 3:36:25 PM
Hu1kSmAsh posted...
Chain's gonna Chain...

aisp said it
#14QuintenB96Posted 10/5/2013 5:57:16 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
I honestly don't get why mine is so bad. The router isn't even one year old. And the only devices that use the internet are a laptop and my wii. Idk. I think a lot of it was due to the size of the group. It was practically a full house so lag was bound to happen a lot. U sure its me? Cuz nobody else says I lag that much. Maybe we should battle in a small pub next time and see if I still lag..

Your router isn't even a year old eh. Your actual router might not be the problem. Your problem might actually other types of frequency waves making your connection bad. Your home phone or microwave can actually disturb your connection. And routers run off things called 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n. Or it is 802.11b/g 802.11/b/g/n. Selecting one of those might make your connection better or worse. A home phone I think uses 802.11b so if you use the same type of connection it's actually making your connection worse. Make sure your cellphone 3g or 4g isn't on because for some reason it does affect your connection.
---
Conduit 2: 1378-9546-3057
#15QuintenB96Posted 10/5/2013 6:02:28 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
I honestly don't get why mine is so bad. The router isn't even one year old. And the only devices that use the internet are a laptop and my wii. Idk. I think a lot of it was due to the size of the group. It was practically a full house so lag was bound to happen a lot. U sure its me? Cuz nobody else says I lag that much. Maybe we should battle in a small pub next time and see if I still lag..

And also other devices connecting to the same router might be the problem too but not always. It depends on what kind of connection frequency it uses like the 802.11 thing. Some devices wont affect your connection. Some might even knock you offline and you can't get back on. So that could also be the problem too.
---
Conduit 2: 1378-9546-3057
#16Hu1kSmAshPosted 10/5/2013 6:24:25 PM
QuintenB96 posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

And also other devices connecting to the same router might be the problem too but not always. It depends on what kind of connection frequency it uses like the 802.11 thing. Some devices wont affect your connection. Some might even knock you offline and you can't get back on. So that could also be the problem too.

"WiFi is WiFi and it's WiFi so it's just going to be WiFi".
---
SOTD: "I will bring this board back. Those who oppose will be crushed between my thighs. I am unstoppable." -Punch
#17hc-valkiriaPosted 10/5/2013 6:28:15 PM
QuintenB96 posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

Your router isn't even a year old eh. Your actual router might not be the problem. Your problem might actually other types of frequency waves making your connection bad. Your home phone or microwave can actually disturb your connection. And routers run off things called 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n. Or it is 802.11b/g 802.11/b/g/n. Selecting one of those might make your connection better or worse. A home phone I think uses 802.11b so if you use the same type of connection it's actually making your connection worse. Make sure your cellphone 3g or 4g isn't on because for some reason it does affect your connection.

i dont have a home phone
#18CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 11:53:56 PM
QuintenB96 posted...
hc-valkiria posted...

Meh, that isn't normally a big factor.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656