Online isn't very enjoyable anymore.

#21CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/14/2013 6:26:59 PM
If you're not getting actual error codes, then you probably don't even need to worry about DMZ.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#22xXAISPXxPosted 10/14/2013 6:44:51 PM
_Signal posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
I know how you feel, Shen. I'm slowly starting to lose my grip in the game and I am playing less and less by the lobbies.

I can't even get into a match anymore because of the connection errors. They happen 80 percent of the time, now.

Um...
if you're getting connection errors, check your connection.
That doesn't have anything to do with Con2.

If you're getting 86420 you need to set up DMZ.

What's a DMZ?

Wikipedia didn't help.

DMZ is Demilitarized Zone. It essentially means removal of the protections that your router provides for a specific device connected to your home network. Setting up your Wii as DMZ will make your connectivity better for sure, and unless you use your Wii to store credit card information or something sensitive, you're not really putting anything at risk.

I can help you with the DMZ stuff if you want, or at least point you to some helpful information. Maybe this should be a thread all by itself.

Also, you might try just unplugging your router and plugging it back in. Mine needs a restart now and then.

Also... Give your Wii a reboot, and also go into the settings and disconnect it from the router then reconnect it.

Does any of this make sense?

Is it like a firewall?
---
SOTD: "Kidding...only partially though. I mean loose as in like surfer girls. Hang loose? No? Don't mod me D:" - Rhoads
#23CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/14/2013 6:53:45 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
_Signal posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
I know how you feel, Shen. I'm slowly starting to lose my grip in the game and I am playing less and less by the lobbies.

I can't even get into a match anymore because of the connection errors. They happen 80 percent of the time, now.

Um...
if you're getting connection errors, check your connection.
That doesn't have anything to do with Con2.

If you're getting 86420 you need to set up DMZ.

What's a DMZ?

Wikipedia didn't help.

DMZ is Demilitarized Zone. It essentially means removal of the protections that your router provides for a specific device connected to your home network. Setting up your Wii as DMZ will make your connectivity better for sure, and unless you use your Wii to store credit card information or something sensitive, you're not really putting anything at risk.

I can help you with the DMZ stuff if you want, or at least point you to some helpful information. Maybe this should be a thread all by itself.

Also, you might try just unplugging your router and plugging it back in. Mine needs a restart now and then.

Also... Give your Wii a reboot, and also go into the settings and disconnect it from the router then reconnect it.

Does any of this make sense?

Is it like a firewall?

No, but it will let whatever is on the DMZ through your router's firewall.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#24xXAISPXxPosted 10/14/2013 6:59:18 PM
Ah, okay. It makes sense, now.
---
SOTD: "Kidding...only partially though. I mean loose as in like surfer girls. Hang loose? No? Don't mod me D:" - Rhoads
#25TMac987654321Posted 10/14/2013 7:01:46 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
TMac987654321 posted...
GE is still going, (>*o*)>

GE is s***.

You seem perturbed~
---
T-Mac
MK NIGHTWOLF
#26Hawke0Posted 10/15/2013 8:09:36 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Shen, do you play Killzone 3?

No.

It's only $5 at Gamestop as part of that "Buy 2 for $10" deal, and the multiplayer is excellent. Haven't tried the campaign yet. I plan on reviewing it soon.
Speaking of reviews, have you played God Hand? It was Clovers last game, and I firmly believe it's the best game Clover/Platinum has made, either that or DMC3.
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#27__CSNPosted 10/15/2013 9:50:14 AM
Killzone 3 ruined the series. The medic got nerfed and ended up with medibots. Useless Marksmen are encouraged to be more useless by their class setup. Spawn nades are replaced in favor of s***ty TSPs. GW is terrible and Operations is mediocre. It has awful maps that make a dark series look like a pride parade and an equally awful CM system. I could go on and on but KZ3 itself screams LOLCASUAL.
#28B05S_BrennanPosted 10/15/2013 12:56:00 PM
__CSN posted...
Killzone 3 ruined the series. The medic got nerfed and ended up with medibots. Useless Marksmen are encouraged to be more useless by their class setup. Spawn nades are replaced in favor of s***ty TSPs. GW is terrible and Operations is mediocre. It has awful maps that make a dark series look like a pride parade and an equally awful CM system. I could go on and on but KZ3 itself screams LOLCASUAL.

Falcon treating his opinion like fact, as usual.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#29__CSNPosted 10/15/2013 1:21:23 PM
STFU casual, guns falling from ledges doesn't make H4 good. Hawkie only understands esoteric SP games no one cares about and needs my enlightenment.
#30night42marePosted 10/15/2013 3:46:55 PM
Soldierw_AMpkU5 posted...
TheOmegaShen posted...
Anyways, have you guys ran into this hacker before?

Don't think so, but I did played a "Mr. FuQsan" (or something like that): rapid-fire SMAWs and lvl 3 black holes.

The online's pretty fun though.

Yep. But best way to ever counter hackers is phase and spas. Guy have rappid fire spas, well the rappid spas has a drawback, it shoots at much less range. Counter it by bunny hop spas shot. Its not to hard to counter hackers.
---
" in order to gain respect respect must be mutual." ~sensei ron bledsoe
Hey im deathspirit and am new.