New Custom TDM mode for competitive play

#1FF5olarPosted 10/14/2013 7:02:22 PM
I introduce to you ... Zero Hour!

A time based TDM game, where there is no kill limit, just time.

Set up and rules are:

Game Mode: Annexation
Point Limit: Max (500)
Time Limit: Adjustable (10 or less recommended)

How it works is, in annexation, control points don't give perks, they ONLY give points. So their outcome on the match is eliminated. Score is tallied in kills at the end of the match. The match goes on no matter how many kills are made, and ends at the time limit.

It fixes what would normally be uneven/one sided maps in TDM, such as Whiteout, and eliminates any further problems caused by stacked speed perks, not to mention the hit detection issues that seem to be associated with it, and numerous other problems besides.

I'm hoping that this can become the standard for clan wars in the future, as it seems to be an ideal solution, and possibly the most balanced version of TDM for competitive play.

Thanks for reading, and lets make this happen!
#2B05S_BrennanPosted 10/14/2013 7:08:59 PM
Idk, kinda takes away the "map control" aspect.
---
||C2 FC: 1549-9455-6995||
http://www.youtube.com/user/B05SxBrennan/featured
#3PUNCHOUT1116Posted 10/14/2013 7:14:01 PM
I'd play it if I still played :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#41PefrogPosted 10/14/2013 7:30:38 PM
I don't like how the damage control point and speed control point usually give one team such an advantage. Especially the damage control points on Lost City, Pentagon and Serenity. I would have to try this to see how it works.
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
#5FF5_PoisonPosted 10/14/2013 7:55:23 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Idk, kinda takes away the "map control" aspect.

Many people feel that this is a negative aspect, and a major step down from Tcon.

It transformed maps like Sanctum, and Pentagon from open, expansive, and versatile maps, to maps where the fighting always takes place in the same small areas.
Sanctum especially. That map was almost complexly destroyed by control points.

And above all, it just turns regular deathmatch into a half baked objective mode.
---
Con2 FC 4427- 8762-1544
#6B05S_P4GPosted 10/15/2013 6:30:51 AM
Hmm. In my experience, the kill limit is hardly ever reached in normal TDM. Something I would be more supportive of would be TDM in two 5-minute rounds, switching sides in between. The scores could be tallied up easier at the end, and it would completely fix map imbalance, because control points aren't the only thing that decides that. The reason Whiteout is so imbalanced is the blue spawn trap, not the control points.
---
3011-0210-9706
"The Law was ordained by God and all, but does it get us to the weekend?"
#7xXAISPXxPosted 10/15/2013 6:49:41 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
Hmm. In my experience, the kill limit is hardly ever reached in normal TDM. Something I would be more supportive of would be TDM in two 5-minute rounds, switching sides in between. The scores could be tallied up easier at the end, and it would completely fix map imbalance, because control points aren't the only thing that decides that. The reason Whiteout is so imbalanced is the blue spawn trap, not the control points.

Your Whiteout commentary comes to mind.
---
SOTD: "Kidding...only partially though. I mean loose as in like surfer girls. Hang loose? No? Don't mod me D:" - Rhoads
#8CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/15/2013 7:14:42 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
B05S_P4G posted...

Your Whiteout commentary comes to mind.

What commentary?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656