The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

multiple category weapons

#1zPsychPosted 10/17/2013 3:48:24 PM
When it comes to a gun such as the hive cannon which is both energy and explosive, which damage upgrade fits it better? The explosive damage increase or the energy damage increase? Or do both upgrades increase damage the same? Or do both upgrades increase different aspects of the gun? This is probably a very obvious question, but I've never known
---
~basi ~[O$C] basi ~
#2B05S_P4GPosted 10/17/2013 3:50:32 PM
It belongs to the Ballistics and Explosives category, not Energy. The Ballistics upgrades will increase the damage, and the Explosive upgrades will increase the blast radius. It depends on which one of those you want.
---
3011-0210-9706
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoConsoleGamer
#3zPsych(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 3:54:13 PM
B05S_P4G posted...
It belongs to the Ballistics and Explosives category, not Energy. The Ballistics upgrades will increase the damage, and the Explosive upgrades will increase the blast radius. It depends on which one of those you want.

O oops, thanks for the correction :)
Also, thank you I really had no clue.
---
~basi ~[O$C] basi ~
#4DerppopotamusPosted 10/17/2013 4:07:05 PM
B05S_P4G posted...

I've been told that Ballistic Focus improves Direct Hit damage, and Explosive Focus Increases the Blast Radius.

Though I rarely use the thing, don't take my word for it.
---
I wish I were a bird.
#5LeThA169Posted 10/17/2013 4:21:31 PM
just use Explosive focus and improved balistics
---
Even jesus worships me, i bow down to none.
#6ThePrisoner06Posted 10/17/2013 4:32:30 PM
As someone who used and does use the Hive Cannon, I used to use it on Double Explosives thinking it would be more deadly. Wrong! Its less powerful using DE plus there is more chance of blowing yourself up if your shots bounce off something close. However I now use it on Double Ballistics for two reasons, its great at destroying generators in Power Surge, ask Punch about some of the Power Surge matches we had in the past; and as so many people now equip Explosive Focus to protect themselves against explosive weapons, and Double Ballistics works wonders against them.

And Yes my Shrieker load out is Double Explosives, increasing the blast radius of every shot sure does help, most of the time.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK Mainly playing Zombi U. Now number 3 on the Survival mode Leaderboard for Zombi U.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#7Toho2Posted 10/17/2013 5:04:51 PM
It depends how you use it.
Double Ballistics increases the direct hit damage, which is good for close range and is more user friendly.
Double Explosives increases the blast radius which is good if you want to use it for splash damage and hurting multiple people. It's also the best anti-Smaw weapon IMO.
I use both explosive upgrades which is a blast to play with! (bunny hopping :P) But when it comes to close range, you either kill the guy with a sliver of health left, or both of you die. DB comes in handy for close range, but the Hive Cannon has horrible direct-fire accuracy. And beyond a few meters, you can easily get gunned down.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7sxfQOiE4
#8B05S_P4GPosted 10/17/2013 5:10:24 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
B05S_P4G posted...

I've been told that Ballistic Focus improves Direct Hit damage, and Explosive Focus Increases the Blast Radius.

Though I rarely use the thing, don't take my word for it.

It's true. I forgot to mention that specifically.
---
3011-0210-9706
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoConsoleGamer