The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What is it with the Carbonizer?

#1_SignalPosted 10/23/2013 1:02:58 PM
We've seen thread after thread about it.

Lagger. Glitcher. Hacker.

Most of us have been on the receiving end of a Carby attack, and usually the outcome of my meeting is a respawn.

We've talked about how it looks like we start taking damage before we see the weapon fire, and we've discussed this unintentional "glitch" at length before.

The thing I can't seem to figure out is why do I wait to start taking damage before I shoot back.

I've recently noticed this pattern when I face the carby. Maybe it's because I can't distinguish the team colors very well, or maybe I'm waiting to see if I'm targeted, or maybe I'm just mesmerized by the sheer bulk and intimidation factor of the weapon.

I have no idea why, but it's really become very obvious to me that this is the pattern when I face a Carby. I briefly freeze or something.

Am I the only one that has to start taking damage from the Carby before it occurs to me to shoot back?

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas why?
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#2LeThA169Posted 10/23/2013 1:06:49 PM
_Signal posted...
or maybe I'm just mesmerized by the sheer bulk and intimidation factor of the weapon

---
Even jesus worships me, i bow down to none.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/23/2013 1:11:54 PM
I played myself wii vs wii U a while back.

Two TV's in the same room, Dang good connection with myself, smoking really, and I tested this out.

No matter WHAT I did, carbonizer animations were ALWAY almost exactly 1 second behind my other TV.
I could do short bursts of fire with the carbonizer on my wii U, Zap, Zap, Zap. And on my wii, I'd take damage, but there wouldn't ever be any indication that the carby was even being used.

Its almost as if the third person carbonizer animation is much longer than the first person animation, and that the damage aspects sync with the 1st person.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4_Signal(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 1:44:31 PM
Interesting.

Did you notice if you ever took any damage after you squeezed the trigger but before the first person animation started firing?

I just don't understand why I don't start shooting as soon as I see somebody with one. That's what has be boggled.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 10/23/2013 1:58:39 PM
_Signal posted...
Interesting.

Did you notice if you ever took any damage after you squeezed the trigger but before the first person animation started firing?

I just don't understand why I don't start shooting as soon as I see somebody with one. That's what has be boggled.

Um, you take whatever damage you receive, accurate to the Carbonizers POV, but I don't think you take it on your POV right away.

Its hard to tell exactly when damage it registered sometimes...
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6xX_ZeUs_XxPosted 10/23/2013 2:12:53 PM
_Signal posted...
We've seen thread after thread about it.

Lagger. Glitcher. Hacker.

Most of us have been on the receiving end of a Carby attack, and usually the outcome of my meeting is a respawn.

We've talked about how it looks like we start taking damage before we see the weapon fire, and we've discussed this unintentional "glitch" at length before.

The thing I can't seem to figure out is why do I wait to start taking damage before I shoot back.

I've recently noticed this pattern when I face the carby. Maybe it's because I can't distinguish the team colors very well, or maybe I'm waiting to see if I'm targeted, or maybe I'm just mesmerized by the sheer bulk and intimidation factor of the weapon.

I have no idea why, but it's really become very obvious to me that this is the pattern when I face a Carby. I briefly freeze or something.

Am I the only one that has to start taking damage from the Carby before it occurs to me to shoot back?

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas why?

Carby I guess has glitches....
doesn't stop you guys from sending me into oblivion though... lols

When people fire the dark star halfway a-crossed the map, it's supposed to shoot a red orb and then when it hits it's target it explodes. Instead I see the player let loose with a black hole that flies 20 mph across the map, sucking people in as it goes. (Keep in mind that at this point the "red orb" has never hit it's targeted area yet, and there is absolutely no red orb at all [from my point of view]. )
---
My FC: 3955-9678-7706 and my "about me":
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit2/67346345/759799340
#7PUNCHOUT1116Posted 10/23/2013 8:54:56 PM
Glitches? HVS gonna HVS...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#84n1cK8en_BronyPosted 10/23/2013 9:04:19 PM
Awhhh this Sig chick is real.

So you like the carby uhhhh?
#94n1cK8en_BronyPosted 10/23/2013 9:08:36 PM
4n1cK8en_Brony posted...
Awhhh this Sig chick is real.

So you like the carby uhhhh?

Fan of big guns uhhhh?

[:__:]
[][][][]
#10double0stevePosted 10/23/2013 11:07:06 PM
^what? signal, i think you got a creepy fan. :s