buying another Wii?

#11old_man_mossyPosted 11/3/2013 9:15:47 AM
I smell class envy. You have no right to berate someone as spoiled for wanting a game system. Especially a wii. They are cheap, now...80 bucks is way steep, IMHO for what I've seen them go for. But I am seeing less and less of them on the used market; not to mention they have stopped production in both Japan and the EU.

It's nice to have a backup, considering the strain the disc reader has with FPS...I know our family went through 2.

Not to mention...it's the holiday season. less than 60 days till Christmas, perhaps he would ask for it for a present. Just seems slightly "bitter" to be sour on someone over a parent request when you want that money to spend "better."

I get so tired of class envy....people automatically jump to "greedy corporations" conclusions and "spoiled rich kids" whining when all they base it off of is their current greed and or poverty...and a resentment over those that seem to have it easier. Maybe they do, but that's just life, man.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12drophyghostPosted 11/3/2013 9:39:07 AM
Lethal

Exactly^
I'd do something more productive with $80, jeesh.Dont any of you teens have a job?
-.-

Not really :P
At least not right now....
Mi experiencia me dice que poco y que tiene más que ver con la persona en si...
(Solo curioseo, no estoy reclamando ni afirmando que no tenga nada que ver, ntp ^ ^)
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#13LeThA169Posted 11/3/2013 10:07:36 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
I smell class envy. You have no right to berate someone as spoiled for wanting a game system. Especially a wii. They are cheap, now...80 bucks is way steep, IMHO for what I've seen them go for. But I am seeing less and less of them on the used market; not to mention they have stopped production in both Japan and the EU.

It's nice to have a backup, considering the strain the disc reader has with FPS...I know our family went through 2.

Not to mention...it's the holiday season. less than 60 days till Christmas, perhaps he would ask for it for a present. Just seems slightly "bitter" to be sour on someone over a parent request when you want that money to spend "better."

I get so tired of class envy....people automatically jump to "greedy corporations" conclusions and "spoiled rich kids" whining when all they base it off of is their current greed and or poverty...and a resentment over those that seem to have it easier. Maybe they do, but that's just life, man.

Not at all, i could go and get 10 wiis if i really wanted to.But let's not turn this into a cash war, just saying that its a waste bieng spent on a stupid console and on a crap fps like conduit 2.Especially if he asks one for christmas.You know what i want for this holiday? Flesh.You think people care if you get to play more?Youre a bloody drone.
---
DRUNK ON THE BLOOD OF SAINTS.
#14LeThA169Posted 11/3/2013 10:10:25 AM
drophyghost posted...
Lethal

Exactly^
I'd do something more productive with $80, jeesh.Dont any of you teens have a job?
-.-

(Solo curioseo, no estoy reclamando ni afirmando que no tenga nada que ver, ntp ^ ^)

Tengo que trabajar a veces porque estoy en highschool xD
todo que tengo lo compre yo mismo, no mis padres.Ademas, estoy ahorando para el "colegio"? Bueno, tu nunca has trabajado?
que eres nino de 5 anos xD
---
DRUNK ON THE BLOOD OF SAINTS.
#15TheOmegaShenPosted 11/3/2013 10:14:23 AM
LigersRule posted...
LeThA169 posted...
Waste of money.

This. You want to get your parents to spend $150-200 on you so you can play a crappy FPS from 2 years ago that has hardly any playerbase?

---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#16LeThA169Posted 11/3/2013 10:15:38 AM
TheOmegaShen posted...
LigersRule posted...
LeThA169 posted...
Waste of money.

This. You want to get your parents to spend $150-200 on you so you can play a crappy FPS from 2 years ago that has hardly any playerbase?

---
INTERNAL SALVATION SUFFERS FROM INFLATION.
#17drophyghostPosted 11/3/2013 10:49:26 AM
LeThA169 posted...
drophyghost posted...
Lethal

Exactly^
-.-

Tengo que trabajar a veces porque estoy en highschool xD
todo que tengo lo compre yo mismo, no mis padres.Ademas, estoy ahorando para el "colegio"? Bueno, tu nunca has trabajado?
que eres nino de 5 anos xD

¬¬
Me concentro en mis estudios bro. Eso es todo. Aun tengo un par de años (o más...) antes de tener que salir y buscar trabajo, así que aprovecho y me preparo. Considera que con estudios no me refiero únicamente a lo escolar. Y dije k no estoy trabajando, no que no lo he hecho. Si lo he hecho, en vacaciones cuando no tengo nada de mayor importancia que hacer y solo lo hago por hacer algo, no por necesidad.... Por otro lado... Quieres que volvamos a hablar ingles? "que eres nino de 5 anos xD" aun no le encuentro sentido a eso aun k presiento que es ligeramente ofensivo ¬¬
---
#18drophyghostPosted 11/3/2013 10:51:35 AM
Y k tiene que ver k estés en "highschool" con que trabajes?
Y hablando de eso... No respondiste que tenia que ver el trabajar con el saber usar el dinero... ¬¬
---
#19LeThA169Posted 11/3/2013 11:03:40 AM
drophyghost posted...
Y k tiene que ver k estés en "highschool" con que trabajes?
Y hablando de eso... No respondiste que tenia que ver el trabajar con el saber usar el dinero... ¬¬

El humor en E.U.A es mas offensivo, aprende a tomar un golpe nena xD.
saber el valor de dinero y tener que trabajar por el?....
si yo tambien trabajo duro en la escuela pero es commun que aqui todos ya tienen un trabajo cuando entran a highschool.
el trabajo solo es temporal.
---
INTERNAL SALVATION SUFFERS FROM INFLATION.
#20old_man_mossyPosted 11/3/2013 11:37:38 AM
LeThA169 posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Not at all, i could go and get 10 wiis if i really wanted to.But let's not turn this into a cash war, just saying that its a waste bieng spent on a stupid console and on a crap fps like conduit 2.Especially if he asks one for christmas.You know what i want for this holiday? Flesh.You think people care if you get to play more?Youre a bloody drone.

Not following that weird last bit...at all, sounds bizarre to me though so I really don't care for you to explain it.

But those final two sentences of yours..bout people not caring and being a drone if you do....sounds like you need more friends, or at least better ones. I still get requests to pick up a copy and play.

Multiplayer...especially on a niche game like this usually does have close cliqs, clubs and friendships, and those people do care.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.