Why is it that whenever I play against someone with clan tags

#1Hedgehog_KnightPosted 11/14/2013 4:53:11 PM
They end up being one of the worst kind of players? Just today I was playing against someone from JVC, and half his loadouts were one-hit-kill weapons (SMAW, fully perked PR), and the other half were melee-oriented, with the supercharger and metal legs upgrades.

You would think the clans would be trying to prevent the game from becoming a cesspit of cheap, obnoxious tactics. And you'd think they'd offer some leniency to newer players!

I wouldn't be so upset if I had all the weapons and upgrades, but since I don't, I have few ways of countering, and you're keeping half the game from me. A clan should have empathy towards newer players, not spawn kill them.

Back in MPH, if you got sick of all the spam, you could at least come to GameFAQs and get some variety from their playerbase. In MPH, if you outmatched your opponents, you could switch to a weapon you're unfamiliar with, to balance things out. In MPH, repeatedly hunting and spawn killing a newb was used only as a last resort to beat hackers.

Maybe I shouldn't rush to judge; maybe they were just rouge members, falsely using clan tags to discredit the clans. But, watching the MPH community rot away the way it did, I can't help but get anxious seeing this kind of apathy towards other players.
---
"Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!" - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure
#2hc-valkiriaPosted 11/14/2013 4:55:53 PM
U can't expect all clan players to follow standard rules in pub battles. After playing with standard rules for a while, its only natural that one may decide to mess around with cheap weapons.
#3CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/14/2013 5:09:25 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
U can't expect all clan players to follow standard rules in pub battles. After playing with standard rules for a while, its only natural that one may decide to mess around with cheap weapons.

Unless your me, the only "cheap" weapon I use the Carboinzer, because its REALLY good for SMAW noobs like Ventus and GB, and its good aginist Reverse Damage users, that's generally the only time I use it. lol
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Wanna learn about Conduit 2? The good and bad? Click here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmmTxWMgPU
#4kastasticPosted 11/14/2013 5:19:49 PM
You were playing an imposter JVC.....I believe he/she goes by [JVC]OPP?

The only jvc in ntsc so far is [JVC]Coco, and he would not use SMAW I am sure of that.
My guess is MSM :/
---
Phase Rifle Payback>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpl0jgfV1M
Game Changer>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXE5lfjQstw
#5Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 5:31:41 PM
kastastic posted...

The only jvc in ntsc so far is [JVC]Coco, and he would not use SMAW I am sure of that.

Yes, OPP was the one I was playing against! I'm so sorry for making assumptions. I'm just salty over my bad luck streak and getting beaten by players with upgrades that'll take a long time for me to get (CTF matches are so elusive). I just needed to vent a little...
---
#6Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/14/2013 6:41:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7The21stgunPosted 11/14/2013 7:37:37 PM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
kastastic posted...

Yes, OPP was the one I was playing against! I'm so sorry for making assumptions. I'm just salty over my bad luck streak and getting beaten by players with upgrades that'll take a long time for me to get (CTF matches are so elusive). I just needed to vent a little...

If you want, I'll help you get some of those upgrades :)
---
Stay Furry Forever!
Xbox GT: XWARXSWITCHX C2 FC (FoxyGrampa) 3053-4662-4517 | Conduit 2 Website: http://conduit2gaming.weebly.com/index.html
#8night42marePosted 11/14/2013 8:41:38 PM
Supercharger:vote for ase ___ to get the flag runner metals. Do this on streets.
Pr tuning: for me, one of the easiest, when I don't use tuning I'm a headshot maniac, just practice. Find all the blueprints though.
Blinding powder: use
spas
usp
flash
bal focus
metal legs
quick
improved melée
---
I'm the don of the mofia, fear me or I'll have my boys put led in your skull
my muscles can sing dance and make music (/*o*)/
#9G3_RazorPosted 11/14/2013 8:53:04 PM
They end up being one of the worst kind of players? Just today I was playing against someone from JVC, and half his loadouts were one-hit-kill weapons (SMAW, fully perked PR), and the other half were melee-oriented, with the supercharger and metal legs upgrades.

You would think the clans would be trying to prevent the game from becoming a cesspit of cheap, obnoxious tactics. And you'd think they'd offer some leniency to newer players!

I wouldn't be so upset if I had all the weapons and upgrades, but since I don't, I have few ways of countering, and you're keeping half the game from me. A clan should have empathy towards newer players, not spawn kill them.

Back in MPH, if you got sick of all the spam, you could at least come to GameFAQs and get some variety from their playerbase. In MPH, if you outmatched your opponents, you could switch to a weapon you're unfamiliar with, to balance things out. In MPH, repeatedly hunting and spawn killing a newb was used only as a last resort to beat hackers.

Maybe I shouldn't rush to judge; maybe they were just rouge members, falsely using clan tags to discredit the clans. But, watching the MPH community rot away the way it did, I can't help but get anxious seeing this kind of apathy towards other players.

MPH? as in Metroid Prime: Hunters? What was your name? I loved that game I got addicted, until Shockwave got REALLY laggy, and everyone left or started Alt Spamming, or hacking. I was in CR, and 6V. I probably sound stupid and MPH is going to be for some other random video game... You are talking about Metroid right?
---
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll float in the stars.........
where you will float into the dark abyss and the lack of water and oxygen kills you =)
#10Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 9:49:53 PM
The21stgun posted...
kastastic posted...

If you want, I'll help you get some of those upgrades :)

Thanks, I'll add you. My FC is 1078-3563-8934, and my IGN is OutDreamer. I'll be on at random intervals tomorrow (Friday night), probably around 6 PM EST.

G3_Razor posted...
MPH? as in Metroid Prime: Hunters? What was your name? I loved that game I got addicted, until Shockwave got REALLY laggy, and everyone left or started Alt Spamming, or hacking. I was in CR, and 6V. I probably sound stupid and MPH is going to be for some other random video game... You are talking about Metroid right?

Yes, I loved Metroid Prime: Hunters. My name was usually SS_Knight, since I was in the Silver Sword Clan. It was a small clan, mostly too disorganized to have any decent tournaments, or participate in wars, but it was kinda fun while it lasted. I mained Sylux, and even though my Shock Coil was top-notch, I kept sharp with all the other weapons as well (I even made it a point to switch whenever I got more than one SC kill). My favorite thing to do was use Sylux's Lockjaw bombs to fly in Outer Reach.

I quit when the only matches that weren't glitching or hacking, were full of alt spam and imp spam. I was pretty decent with the imp and could take part in the occasional sniper duel, but when everyone bumped their sensitivity to the max and started using the imp scope at close range, it sucked all the fun out of the game... I never went back to it, because out current router doesn't support WEP encryption.
---