Why is it that whenever I play against someone with clan tags

#11_SignalPosted 11/15/2013 12:47:24 AM
Unfortunately there are a lot of players who only care about killstreaks and their spread and don't care so much about playing a balanced game anymore.

There are some of us that go perkless when we see new players, and I usually go perkless as well as stop using lockon if it's a Grab Bag match.

Some people seem to think that if a weapon or perk is "part of the game" that they can play with it whenever they want, or use whatever play style that they want, and I do see their point, I really do. They say stuff like "nobody went easy on me when I started playing." I get it.

However, while I do get their point of view, I personally don't agree with it.

The reality today is that the multiplayer game is very different now than it was when alot of people here were unlocking stuff, earning XP, and buying perks. There aren't as many matches going on, and the percentage of advanced players is higher now than it was then.

There playstyles that really bug me now:
1. Spawn Killers top my list because they don't even give you a chance to play.
2. Kill stealers would be number two, because in GB they can see that I'm taking someone's health down. If you see that I have my target at 10 or 20% health, and we're both reloading, stay away from my target! Just hang back and take what's left at the end. Don't jump in while I'm reloading.
3. Taking advantage of imbalance between teams or players is also a fun killer for me.

In my opinion, it is shortsighted to utterly destroy another player. I would much rather cultivate a new player so that one day they will be a challenge for me to defeat rather than deal them a humiliating overpowered defeat which could drive them away from the game for a long time, or for good. We can't afford to have people leave because they are frustrated with the players. We can't do a thing about lag, but we can do something about this.

Anyway, just my opinion.

My FC is in my signature, please add me Hedgehog, and I will add you the next time I'm on.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#12Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 2:12:10 AM
_Signal posted...
Unfortunately there are a lot of players who only care about killstreaks and their spread and don't care so much about playing a balanced game anymore.

There are some of us that go perkless when we see new players, and I usually go perkless as well as stop using lockon if it's a Grab Bag match.

Some people seem to think that if a weapon or perk is "part of the game" that they can play with it whenever they want, or use whatever play style that they want, and I do see their point, I really do. They say stuff like "nobody went easy on me when I started playing." I get it.

However, while I do get their point of view, I personally don't agree with it.

The reality today is that the multiplayer game is very different now than it was when alot of people here were unlocking stuff, earning XP, and buying perks. There aren't as many matches going on, and the percentage of advanced players is higher now than it was then.

There playstyles that really bug me now:
1. Spawn Killers top my list because they don't even give you a chance to play.
2. Kill stealers would be number two, because in GB they can see that I'm taking someone's health down. If you see that I have my target at 10 or 20% health, and we're both reloading, stay away from my target! Just hang back and take what's left at the end. Don't jump in while I'm reloading.
3. Taking advantage of imbalance between teams or players is also a fun killer for me.

In my opinion, it is shortsighted to utterly destroy another player. I would much rather cultivate a new player so that one day they will be a challenge for me to defeat rather than deal them a humiliating overpowered defeat which could drive them away from the game for a long time, or for good. We can't afford to have people leave because they are frustrated with the players. We can't do a thing about lag, but we can do something about this.

Anyway, just my opinion.

My FC is in my signature, please add me Hedgehog, and I will add you the next time I'm on.

Thanks, it's good to see people with the right mindset to extend this game's longevity beyond 2 years. I'll add you as soon as I can.

On an unrelated note, I looked at my multiplayer statistics, and it says I've been playing for over 348 hours. Seeing as how I usually only play for around 2 hours at a time, and I've been playing online for less than a month, that number is impossible. I wonder if I was abducted by aliens, caught in a timeslip, or if I'm repressing memories of playing a possessed copy of C2.
---
"Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!" - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure
#13zPsychPosted 11/15/2013 3:49:19 AM
_Signal posted...

Appropriate to use a smaw in this situation I think.
If you're on the disadvantaged team
---
~basi ~[O$C] basi ~
#141PefrogPosted 11/15/2013 6:34:11 AM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
I wonder if I was abducted by aliens, caught in a timeslip, or if I'm repressing memories of playing a possessed copy of C2.

sibling? spouse?
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
#15G3_RazorPosted 11/15/2013 8:43:20 AM
The21stgun posted...
kastastic posted...
You were playing an imposter JVC.....I believe he/she goes by [JVC]OPP?

The only jvc in ntsc so far is [JVC]Coco, and he would not use SMAW I am sure of that.
My guess is MSM :/

Yes, OPP was the one I was playing against! I'm so sorry for making assumptions. I'm just salty over my bad luck streak and getting beaten by players with upgrades that'll take a long time for me to get (CTF matches are so elusive). I just needed to vent a little...

If you want, I'll help you get some of those upgrades :)

Thanks, I'll add you. My FC is 1078-3563-8934, and my IGN is OutDreamer. I'll be on at random intervals tomorrow (Friday night), probably around 6 PM EST.

G3_Razor posted...
MPH? as in Metroid Prime: Hunters? What was your name? I loved that game I got addicted, until Shockwave got REALLY laggy, and everyone left or started Alt Spamming, or hacking. I was in CR, and 6V. I probably sound stupid and MPH is going to be for some other random video game... You are talking about Metroid right?

Yes, I loved Metroid Prime: Hunters. My name was usually SS_Knight, since I was in the Silver Sword Clan. It was a small clan, mostly too disorganized to have any decent tournaments, or participate in wars, but it was kinda fun while it lasted. I mained Sylux, and even though my Shock Coil was top-notch, I kept sharp with all the other weapons as well (I even made it a point to switch whenever I got more than one SC kill). My favorite thing to do was use Sylux's Lockjaw bombs to fly in Outer Reach.

I quit when the only matches that weren't glitching or hacking, were full of alt spam and imp spam. I was pretty decent with the imp and could take part in the occasional sniper duel, but when everyone bumped their sensitivity to the max and started using the imp scope at close range, it sucked all the fun out of the game... I never went back to it, because out current router doesn't support WEP encryption.

My long lost brother..... jk lol but that's pretty much what happened here I wish the board was still up I was in 6V, a pretty large clan, consisting of many people a few are: Loco, Vortex, Razor (me), Oasis, Zection, etc. Sorry, but I was one of the close range Impers. I loved playing a sylux w/ Imp and Magmaul. Now you can't find a game, and if you do, it's some hacker or glitcher, weavel, altspammer, or runner. My zoom button is broken on both my ds, and my 3ds. If I got them to work, maybe we could play sometime as only far range imp, and close range can't be Imp? It'd be like old times. I'm going to see if my button works right now.
---
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll float in the stars.........
where you will float into the dark abyss and the lack of water and oxygen kills you =)