Who is your mentor?

#61night42mare(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:44:08 PM
The_Mad_Kitten posted...
night42mare posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
night42mare posted...
YOLO_Nacho posted...
thank you, thank you. no need to mention me, i feel it goes without saying i am everyone here's mentor. but thank you all for mentioning me as the most influential person in your lives. it means the world to me~

Get off this board nacho breath, nobody likes annoying people like you here. Which also means... You don't mean anything to me. You are not my mentor and you shall never be. XG4 and AISP will always be my original mentors.

He's just a troll man...Don't add more fuel to the fire.

ik he is. I'm not irritated. I'm actualy having lots of fun doing this. But I will never go back on my word. Goodbye nacho breath. Nice trolling with you :) *shoots myself in the head... "damn!!! I had on double armor! It burns!!!! Aisp! Shoot me in the head with the phase! XG4 shoot me with your pistole! Val shoot me with your spas! Just let me die!"

But... but, but- what do I get to do?
WHY, I DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

u may join aisp and go boondoc saints style and shoot me in the back of the head "the spirit of santi"
---
I'm the don of the mofia, fear me or I'll have my boys put led in your skull
my muscles can sing dance and make music (/*o*)/
#62_SignalPosted 11/23/2013 8:43:44 PM
I've been really reluctant to post in this thread for a couple of reasons. First, any relationship with a true mentor implies that the mentor has taken an active interest in nurturing your growth and I think that's easily confused with people who have simply had an influence on our play-style, or players that we seek to emulate.

And secondly, it's the kind of thread that inevitably results in hurt feelings because people are left out.

Putting those ideas aside, I want to take the time to mention a few people that have been highly influential to me here and in-game although I don't know that they would consider their influence on me to be mentoring.

Both Mossy and Punch have been highly influential with respect to how to interact with others online. Before I came here I really had no experience in this area at all, and I faltered, quite a bit in the beginning. Mossy has integrity, speaks his mind, and usually does so with a maturity that we should all strive for. Punch's sense of humor, well, what can I say here other than I still don't know how many nuns play this game. I've struggled to live up to the standards that both of them set.

As far as playing the game goes, many many people have influenced me in one way or another, Cold_night, Samu, Jaye (for introducing me to HC), RJ, Chronic, Skozo, Saihig, Symph, Ventus, Chain, Nightfire, Derpy, Dug, Punch, Rhoads, and Mossy just to name a few.

Having said that, my true game mentors are my FF5 playmates, and you know who you are. You're there for me practically every night, with encouragement when I'm disappointed, advice when I need it, and praise when I don't deserve it. Thank you guys for putting up with me.

While I'm saying all this, I should also mention a some other people that I feel a strong connection with, either because of all the games we've played together, or stuff we've talked about or whatever, people like Andy, Khmer, Lig, Mike, Brennan, Aiden, AISP, Chess, Cmo, Letha, KAS(you are also unique), and Valk. For that matter, almost everyone here has impacted me in one way or another.

To you vets out there from days past that maybe just lurk mostly these days, I I know this place may not be what it once was, but it's still a pretty good place to hang out.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#63night42mare(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 8:53:10 PM
_Signal posted...
I've been really reluctant to post in this thread for a couple of reasons. First, any relationship with a true mentor implies that the mentor has taken an active interest in nurturing your growth and I think that's easily confused with people who have simply had an influence on our play-style, or players that we seek to emulate.

And secondly, it's the kind of thread that inevitably results in hurt feelings because people are left out.

Putting those ideas aside, I want to take the time to mention a few people that have been highly influential to me here and in-game although I don't know that they would consider their influence on me to be mentoring.

Both Mossy and Punch have been highly influential with respect to how to interact with others online. Before I came here I really had no experience in this area at all, and I faltered, quite a bit in the beginning. Mossy has integrity, speaks his mind, and usually does so with a maturity that we should all strive for. Punch's sense of humor, well, what can I say here other than I still don't know how many nuns play this game. I've struggled to live up to the standards that both of them set.

As far as playing the game goes, many many people have influenced me in one way or another, Cold_night, Samu, Jaye (for introducing me to HC), RJ, Chronic, Skozo, Saihig, Symph, Ventus, Chain, Nightfire, Derpy, Dug, Punch, Rhoads, and Mossy just to name a few.

Having said that, my true game mentors are my FF5 playmates, and you know who you are. You're there for me practically every night, with encouragement when I'm disappointed, advice when I need it, and praise when I don't deserve it. Thank you guys for putting up with me.

While I'm saying all this, I should also mention a some other people that I feel a strong connection with, either because of all the games we've played together, or stuff we've talked about or whatever, people like Andy, Khmer, Lig, Mike, Brennan, Aiden, AISP, Chess, Cmo, Letha, KAS(you are also unique), and Valk. For that matter, almost everyone here has impacted me in one way or another.

To you vets out there from days past that maybe just lurk mostly these days, I I know this place may not be what it once was, but it's still a pretty good place to hang out.

woah... I realy have no response for this. Thank you for being so truthful and detailed as well as so kind to this board. Not many people post things that kind and to the heart such as this. Thank you, I personaly thank you.
---
I'm the don of the mofia, fear me or I'll have my boys put led in your skull
my muscles can sing dance and make music (/*o*)/
#64Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/23/2013 10:34:36 PM
Shooter613 posted...
This board...

Yup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgDjdSyKSwRz8xzrvfxdocQ/about 9678-7706 -- My FC. Name is EquiKnox on youtube accounts...
#65JVC-Airtime2Posted 11/24/2013 1:51:06 AM
Probably s^ pablo^s
---
A day without sunshine is like night