Is the SMAW over powed or are we just being lazy whiners caught flat footed?

#11old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:19:03 AM
Your thread has nothing in it about explosive focus and how that can negate the one shot kill (but ONLY for the target) or the slow movement rate of the projectile...which I'd say is the easiest of all munitions to snag /steal with the Aegis.

It's (your thread) just comments about the most basic factor of damage and blast radius, with added opinion and fluff.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12xXAISPXxPosted 11/23/2013 8:00:21 AM
_Signal posted...
I'm a lazy whiner caught flat footed.

---
SOTD: "I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That akward when you read that wrong, too. And added 'moment' after akward. This is akward." -Aiden
#13CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/23/2013 8:05:31 AM
old_man_mossy posted...
Your thread has nothing in it about explosive focus and how that can negate the one shot kill (but ONLY for the target) or the slow movement rate of the projectile...which I'd say is the easiest of all munitions to snag /steal with the Aegis.

It's (your thread) just comments about the most basic factor of damage and blast radius, with added opinion and fluff.

Wrong, and besides, your wrong anyway Mossy, the SMAW does 131 damage, you have 100 hp, and EF only adds 30%, or 30 hp, so even still, you CAN still get killed by it.

Also, if the SMAW has the damage control point, it will ALWAYS be a OSK if you hit in the center anyway.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#14CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/23/2013 8:06:39 AM
Also, Mossy, its not opinion, its all facts, no fluff, you just are too ignorant to see how OP it is man, get smart and stop talking dumb.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#15old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:31:59 AM
Awe...Cmo. Don't get mad and insulting. Explosive focus helps you survive against the SMAW. That's the only fact I see...you're just spouting rubbish.

Seriously...we've been using it to counter SMAW hits for years now.

You are the classic example of the saying "figures lie and liars figure."

Those wiki pages aren't as reliable as you think they are and you are the one looking foolish.

Bwhaha! We HAVE been using explosive focus to survive the SMAW for a good long time now.

Seriously someone enlighten this guy please.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#16JVC-AshuraPosted 11/23/2013 12:15:57 PM
Lol, seriously the SMAW isn't OP just because it can one shot!

Even if it would do 50% damage it would be OP because you don't have to aim and you can take the USP right after shooting.

When i play, i shoot 1 time with spas and immediately switch with usp to finish. It works very well...

If i'd do that with a SMAW instead (even with half of it's power), it would be stronger cause i'm sure to hit my target (which is not the case with spas).

As for the the small number of rocket, just use the focus to double the ammo and that's 4 free kill for you. Moreover you may take the ammo of weak SMAWER in the field so...
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#17YOLO_NachoPosted 11/23/2013 12:37:08 PM
"mossy has an opinion that directly opposes mine, which makes him an idiot that i hate and he is a troll and stupid and bad at everything and i hope bad things happen to him"
the logic of the people on this board is amazing. this isnt the first time mossy has been called out for expressing his opinion, but this is the first time ive thought of just how ridiculous you all sound.
hate on, haters. you arent gonna change someones mind by degrading them AND you make yourself look like the losers.
---
~#1 Poster on the GoldenEye 007 Nintendo Wii and C2 GameFAQs Boards~
As voted on by the only judge that matters, Debbie
#18_SignalPosted 11/23/2013 7:37:22 PM
Sorry I didn't have time to make a thoughtful post the first time around, but I really wanted to be the first flat foot to post.

I never really thought the SMAW was that overpowered, and I've always enjoyed playing with people like Ventus, who are truly skilled with it. Being a fast moving target with Explosive Focus was one way to potentially deal with it, and being quick on the trigger with the PR is another. Few things are as satisfying as seeing Ventus's huge head in the crosshairs of the PR scope with a rocket growing larger, then squeezing off a quick shot and jumping somewhere to safety.

I usually go about 50:50 with Ventus using either of these techniques. Unfortunately, with so many people now wanting to ban EF I've removed it from most of my loadouts, so I've become more vulnerable.

I think the thing that can be frustrating about the SMAW is the suicide point, but I try to not let that bother me.

As long as there aren't too many SMAWers on the other team, I'm cool with it. In fact I use it once in a while myself, when gangs of supercharged Spazes start overrunning my base.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#19JVC-spacePosted 11/24/2013 3:29:39 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...

Even if it would do 50% damage it would be OP because you don't have to aim and you can take the USP right after shooting.

When i play, i shoot 1 time with spas and immediately switch with usp to finish. It works very well...

If i'd do that with a SMAW instead (even with half of it's power), it would be stronger cause i'm sure to hit my target (which is not the case with spas).

As for the the small number of rocket, just use the focus to double the ammo and that's 4 free kill for you. Moreover you may take the ammo of weak SMAWER in the field so...

You misjudges the power of explosif focus, and overvalue the power of the rapidity upgrade.
-Explosif focus add you 30% health against explosives. The Smaw do a max damage of 131.
131-100 = 100. So the guy can one shot you, of course, but even with no explosif focus, you can, between medium and long range , with no fire lag easily avoid the SMAW, with no damage, so with explosive focus, it's easiest to avoid a Smaw at long range whith using the same method.
At mid and short range, your accuracy is better and you can do a good deal of damages when the Smaw user shot his rocket + the time to the guy to switch to secondary...

By the way the spas12 at long range, can garantise you to hit your target thanks to the 6 bullets separating themselves.

So SMAW, with a good connection is not OP but still very noob
#20xXAISPXxPosted 11/24/2013 7:25:12 AM
JVC-space posted...
JVC-Ashura posted...

You misjudges the power of explosif focus, and overvalue the power of the rapidity upgrade.
-Explosif focus add you 30% health against explosives. The Smaw do a max damage of 131.
131-100 = 100. So the guy can one shot you, of course, but even with no explosif focus, you can, between medium and long range , with no fire lag easily avoid the SMAW, with no damage, so with explosive focus, it's easiest to avoid a Smaw at long range whith using the same method.
At mid and short range, your accuracy is better and you can do a good deal of damages when the Smaw user shot his rocket + the time to the guy to switch to secondary...

By the way the spas12 at long range, can garantise you to hit your target thanks to the 6 bullets separating themselves.

So SMAW, with a good connection is not OP but still very noob

Except when using explosif focus, the explosif user can just switch weapons or melee to kill off the 30% of health remaining.
---
SOTD: "I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That akward when you read that wrong, too. And added 'moment' after akward. This is akward." -Aiden