Is the SMAW over powed or are we just being lazy whiners caught flat footed?

#21JVC-AshuraPosted 11/24/2013 8:20:02 AM
I agree to say that SMAW isn't very good at long range and i can also add that it is weaker than spas at short range (well, maybe not actually...).

However, at middle range it is the best! The time it takes to change to secondary weapon with SMAW is the same that with the spas12.

Then you said "By the way the spas12 at long range, can garantise you to hit your target thanks to the 6 bullets separating themselves. "

-->Even if the bullets are separating the range is still smaller than the SMAW and i don't see the point in getting 1,2 or 3 bullets out of six. You'd better take the usp right away!

No the SMAW is much more effective, definitely :D
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#22Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/24/2013 9:02:21 AM
An Invincible Sniping Pro posted...

Except when using explosive focus, the explosive user can just switch weapons or melee to kill off the 30% of health remaining.

Sometimes seems like 10% or 5%. :/

Smaws suck against supercharge/explosive focus rushers though. Positive thing. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k ~ Just relax...
My FC is ~ 9678-7706
#23_DarkC2Posted 11/24/2013 9:02:47 AM
night42mare posted...
*sigh... Smaw is not op due to it's reload time, shot speed, and ammo count as well as sprint speed. The smaw is just another weopon. Now I can see why people hate smaw spammers. I hate spammers in general! "god pick a new loadout! It's boring playing you because you only use scar!" spammers! Annoying! But agian, smaw is just another weopon at your desposal. If u wanna whine over op, whine over the carby. Figure out how to counter it EVERY time and I shall praise you. But please stop whining about smaw... It's rather tireing seeng it.

Quickness XD
---
"Them's fightin words boy"-P4G
FC: 2667-4324-3617
#24xXAISPXxPosted 11/24/2013 10:35:11 AM
Kn0x_Games posted...
An Invincible Sniping Pro posted...

Except when using explosive focus, the explosive user can just switch weapons or melee to kill off the 30% of health remaining.

Sometimes seems like 10% or 5%. :/

Smaws suck against supercharge/explosive focus rushers though. Positive thing. :)

How did you...oh yeah, Hope...
---
SOTD: "I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That akward when you read that wrong, too. And added 'moment' after akward. This is akward." -Aiden
#25JVC-spacePosted 11/24/2013 11:39:31 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...
I agree to say that SMAW isn't very good at long range and i can also add that it is weaker than spas at short range (well, maybe not actually...).

However, at middle range it is the best! The time it takes to change to secondary weapon with SMAW is the same that with the spas12.

Then you said "By the way the spas12 at long range, can garantise you to hit your target thanks to the 6 bullets separating themselves. "

-->Even if the bullets are separating the range is still smaller than the SMAW and i don't see the point in getting 1,2 or 3 bullets out of six. You'd better take the usp right away!

1) We can talk of midrange with the SMAW only if there is one shot.
So if you rush (running of course) you can easily change range to your avantage + you get less damage, than without running x)
2) The SMAW user is immobile in this distance (problem of accuracy).
3) Using the scope Will not change anything, because movement speed is reduced.

--> it's more difficult at long range to get one ball hit with six usp45 balls, than to get on bullet with the Spas12
Reminder : - a spas12 pullet : 17
- a usp45 ball : 16.6
It's without upgrade.
#26Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/24/2013 12:41:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/24/2013 12:44:44 PM
A.I.S.P posted...

How did you...oh yeah, Hope...

http://i.imgur.com/LlzNXf7.jpg?5
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k ~ Just relax...
My FC is ~ 9678-7706
#28JVC-spacePosted 11/24/2013 2:13:04 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
JVC-space posted...
JVC-Ashura posted...
Lol, seriously the SMAW isn't OP just because it can one shot!

Even if it would do 50% damage it would be OP because you don't have to aim and you can take the USP right after shooting.

When i play, i shoot 1 time with spas and immediately switch with usp to finish. It works very well...

If i'd do that with a SMAW instead (even with half of it's power), it would be stronger cause i'm sure to hit my target (which is not the case with spas).

As for the the small number of rocket, just use the focus to double the ammo and that's 4 free kill for you. Moreover you may take the ammo of weak SMAWER in the field so...

You misjudges the power of explosif focus, and overvalue the power of the rapidity upgrade.
-Explosif focus add you 30% health against explosives. The Smaw do a max damage of 131.
131-100 = 100. So the guy can one shot you, of course, but even with no explosif focus, you can, between medium and long range , with no fire lag easily avoid the SMAW, with no damage, so with explosive focus, it's easiest to avoid a Smaw at long range whith using the same method.
At mid and short range, your accuracy is better and you can do a good deal of damages when the Smaw user shot his rocket + the time to the guy to switch to secondary...

By the way the spas12 at long range, can garantise you to hit your target thanks to the 6 bullets separating themselves.

So SMAW, with a good connection is not OP but still very noob

Except when using explosif focus, the explosif user can just switch weapons or melee to kill off the 30% of health remaining.

--> Considering the SMAW user (with double explosives) doesn't take time to aim and popped from out of nowhere.
So, admit you avoid the death very few and it remains you 5% thanks to explosif focus. The SMAW user will take 0.5 s for switching to Usp, and in 0.5 s you can shot 3 usp ball max. After, 1 Usp ball to him and you die.
In conclusion, in this situation it's compromise for you.

BUT, most of situation, the guy will not shot without aiming, it will give you additional time to inflict him damages, you'll avoid the roquet, and it will remain you from 30 damage (minimum), so the guy will have from 2 usp shots to finish you. Even in this situation it's doable.
#29JVC-AshuraPosted 11/24/2013 4:47:18 PM
JVC-space posted...
JVC-Ashura posted...

So if you rush (running of course) you can easily change range to your avantage + you get less damage, than without running x)

--> it's more difficult at long range to get one ball hit with six usp45 balls, than to get on bullet with the Spas12
It's without upgrade.

1) Running won't get you anywhere at middle range (unless you have somewhere to hide). and i find it very hard to run away from a rocket while sooting back. And if you rush, you will just take a full hit rocket before getting close.

Moreover, if the SMAWER use light armore (added with explosif focus), he shouldn't fear spas/usp.

2) That's so not true! A good SMAWER will run, jump and shoot without accuracy problems.

3) true but no one needs the scope in the first place
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#30old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 6:43:11 PM(edited)
JVC-Ashura posted...
JVC-space posted...
JVC-Ashura posted...

It's without upgrade.

1) Running won't get you anywhere at middle range (unless you have somewhere to hide). and i find it very hard to run away from a rocket while sooting back. And if you rush, you will just take a full hit rocket before getting close.

Moreover, if the SMAWER use light armore (added with explosif focus), he shouldn't fear spas/usp.

2) That's so not true! A good SMAWER will run, jump and shoot without accuracy problems.

3) true but no one needs the scope in the first place

1. If you don't stick to a straight trajectory and weave some, one isn't necessarily true, either.

However...if you can close in enough and fast enough to include the Smawer in his own blast radius so to speak; you won't even have to fire a shot. His own shell will kill him. At least it will after that last patch- as explosive focus doesn't protect you from your own explosives. This is well worth doing if you are running Explosive focus, light armor and have the health control point. Direct shots you can safely walk away from

2) no argument there, everybody moves if they are smart...they just move slightly slower unless they are using quickness (and if so they aren't using supercharger so they will lose the speed dance so to speak)

3) the scope has some merit. If your shooting through slits on bunkers in whiteout (from the outside) or trying to shoot stationary stuff like hardscopers and you want the rocket to actually connect as opposed to relying on the lazy splash damage-which is more likely to fail taking the guy out. The rocket does move slow though and the scopes far less likely to land you a hit than say a scar,hvs45,strike rifle,phase,or WM tablet.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.