The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why the SMAW is Overpowered in Conduit 2

#1CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/22/2013 9:46:02 PM
Hey guys, its me again, Cmo, as you can see, I'm making a thread about the SMAW and why its overpowered in Conduit 2, so sit back, think logically, and enjoy.

Before I start listing the reasons of why the SMAW is OP in C2, I wanna start on how I'm gonna make the argument on why it is.

First, I like statistics in video games. I like to know how much damage a gun deals in videos, for example, the AK-47 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 does 40 - 30 damage in game, and since your player has 100 hp prior to any health modifiers means that it will take between 3 to 4 hits to kill, but for headshots it has a 1.4 or 40% damage increase to the head, meaning it will do 56 damage for headshots or two hits to kill at close range, and 42 damage for headshots at long range with 3 hits respectively. This is something I like to look at in my video games, especially so for first person shooters, and Conduit 2 is no exception. And since these stats are hard-coded into the game and in the game files, means that these are 100% true, and can tell if its a OP weapon, balanced weapon, or weak weapon, because if i tell you the a weapon does 100+ damage and its fully-auto at 1000 RPM, I can tell you just from looking at the stats that hey, its OP.

Second, I look at the weapons giving popularity, if the weapon is commonly used in game, and i can find said weapon on the ground at least 40% of the time, then its a popular weapon.

And finally third, I take into account my own experience, and the experience of others, if over 70% of people say that hey, this weapon is too strong, then hey, its to strong, especially so if i find it that way too.

That is how I judge to see if a weapon is OP, in descending order of importance mind you, so, lets start with the SMAW and its stats.

First, the SMAW in Conduit 2 is the rocket launcher in the game, its a explosive weapon, and the damage this weapon deals is 131 points of damage, and because your default health is 100, you will ALWAYS die in the epicenter to a little past the point where it stops to deal that 131 damage, and you might think the range is the smallest of all explosive weapons, not really, let me show you.

According to the Conduit Wikia, is the BEST source for information on weapon stats at the moment, the SMAW has a kill radius of 3 meters, or 9.9 feet, and a max range of 6 meters, or approximately 14 feet or so. And you might think this small, but no, the SMAW has the biggest radius of them all, with the TPC Launcher at 5 to 2.5 meters or less, the Shreiker at 3.5 to 1.5 or less, and the Hive Cannon being even less. So in short, it has the biggest blast radius of explosive weapons and the most damage to.

Now, admittedly, that's the only redeeming thing about this weapon, but, that is a HUGE redeeming thing about this weapon, because the run speed is the slowest, it has a very low zoom n the scope, plus this weapon has a slow reload without quickness, slow swap speed, plus its very probable that you will kill yourself if you fire close to yourself, but none of that really matters when i can just scope in, and point it the general direction of someone and kill them like that, because the damage is SO high that you need both Explosive Focus or Heavy Armor and Light Armor just to survive ONE hit, and plus most SMAWers use the USP.45 or MP5KA4 anyway with quickness, so they can just swap to that and finish you off like that anyway, so it really won't matter unless they barely got any damage on you, but they doesn't happen a lot though, so they can just kill with one or 2 shots from a MP5 or USP, it even any other weapon to.

Now that we have taken a look at the stats, lets take a look at weapon popularity, don't comment till I'm done thank you.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#2CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:46:35 PM
The SMAW is a popular weapon, just think about, in the last three matches of Conduit 2 you have played, (Private matches aside) how many people were in there using a SMAW? How many, Iím sure it was at least 3 three or more, probably 6 people using the weapon more like, maybe 4, but definitely close to, if not more than 40% of the people using it in any given match. It you know its true, the SMAW kis commonly used weapon, just remember how many times you died to a SMAW user in battle, Iím sure it was a lot.

Also, Iím sure this weapon is very easy to use right, its not hard to just point and shoot and almost be guaranteed a kill right? itís the easiest gun to kill Awesome Kills with, and most people in the GameFAQs forms complain about it anyway, when was the last time you HAVENíT seen a user complaining about the SMAW, lie for real, its really commonly complained, thatís why Iím making this post right now, like, really man

So with all of this evidence, and all these facts, I have to make the conclusion that the SMAW is an OP weapon, just what it is man.

Also, one last thing, some people say well if the SMAW is OP, why do you use the USP? Thatís overpowered too you know? Well, thatís because every other secondary either sucks to much to use right, or requires finesse to use right, which in a heated close combat battle, finesse isnít an option for you when you can die in a matter of a few seconds, and I rather have use an OP weapon then use a garbage weapon, its very similar to using PR Specialization, is it OP? Yup, but can you even get kills without it? Nope, not many, but unlike the PR and USP.45, I have a choice to use something else if I want to, like the SPAS 12, SCAR, Hive Cannon, Sheriker, Strike Rifle, and much more man, so donít say something stupid like that.

I can go into more depth as to why the SMAW is OP, but Iíll stop here, thanks for reading.

~Cmo
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#3JVC-AshuraPosted 11/23/2013 2:10:30 AM
Well... Nothing's new here, smaw + usp beat everything.
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#4CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 4:50:46 AM
JVC-Ashura posted...

I know, but I wanted to make this because some people don't understand why it is. You can look and see why Mossy and a few others don't understand, so I thought I'd break it down for them, sorry if I had wasted your time though.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#5Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/23/2013 5:25:18 AM
It all depends on who gets the first hit.

Use explosive focus, and rush him/her with the usp45. Make it quick.
It's usually not so bad unless the other team's newer but average players decide to play bodyguard to the Smawer. Then it's time to leave.
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgDjdSyKSwRz8xzrvfxdocQ/about 9678-7706 -- My FC. Name is EquiKnox on youtube accounts...
#6G3_RazorPosted 11/23/2013 10:06:31 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Also, one last thing, some people say well if the SMAW is OP, why do you use the USP? Thatís overpowered too you know? Well, thatís because every other secondary either sucks to much to use right, or requires finesse to use right, which in a heated close combat battle, finesse isnít an option for you when you can die in a matter of a few seconds, and I rather have use an OP weapon then use a garbage weapon, its very similar to using PR Specialization, is it OP? Yup, but can you even get kills without it? Nope, not many, but unlike the PR and USP.45, I have a choice to use something else if I want to, like the SPAS 12, SCAR, Hive Cannon, Sheriker, Strike Rifle, and much more man, so donít say something stupid like that.

I can go into more depth as to why the SMAW is OP, but Iíll stop here, thanks for reading.

~Cmo

Yup. technically every primary is op, but everything has a counter. Like usp for example, scar can easily win. Also all of those weapons actually take aim, because they either don't shoot very far, or have a very small blast radius. Unlike SMAW, with a huge blast radius, a scope, and its accurate. Like you said, PR Spec is OP, but it takes skill, isn't very good for CQB, and it's very precise. You have to hit them, with the small ballistic ammo. Unlike SMAW, where anywhere within the radius is dead/practically dead. If the PR was explosive, it'd be OP also. It's the explosive factor that makes it way... OP
---
[G3] Razor I play Conduit 2, and own a Wii and 3DS.
#7JVC-AshuraPosted 11/23/2013 10:47:52 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
JVC-Ashura posted...

I know, but I wanted to make this because some people don't understand why it is. You can look and see why Mossy and a few others don't understand, so I thought I'd break it down for them, sorry if I had wasted your time though.

Sorry i didn't see the others thread about SMAW. It's quite confusing having 4 thread speaking of the same thing haha!

Kn0x_Games posted...
It all depends on who gets the first hit.

Use explosive focus, and rush him/her with the usp45. Make it quick.
It's usually not so bad unless the other team's newer but average players decide to play bodyguard to the Smawer. Then it's time to leave.

Well usually i can manage 1vs1 against smaw (with explosif focus of course) because they are less skilled but if it was against someone around my level, i would stand no chance first hit or not^^
---
Want some melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYgopUL8kk8&hd=1
#8TheOmegaShenPosted 11/23/2013 12:44:44 PM
It's not OP.
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#9CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:52:43 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It's not OP.

Wrong.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#10SoIdierw_AMpkU5Posted 11/23/2013 2:23:18 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
It's not OP.

http://i.imgur.com/MKkEWg3.gif
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierwithAMpkU5
http://i.imgur.com/VR5Vg9X.jpg