Why the SMAW is Overpowered in Conduit 2

#31xXAISPXxPosted 11/26/2013 11:00:41 AM
hc-valkiria posted...
Since everybody is chiming in on this, smaw isnt that difficult to avoid. Just use the terrain to block the shots as much as possible and use explosive focus. It'll force them to ise their secondary weapon. Works for me every time. Idk about being able to get a RoT cuz if there are enough smaws then it can't be helped. But the smaw isn't that bad.

This is a customary way of countering these users. Ask Ventus, he'll love to tell you how many times he's succumbed to this strategy by me (sorry, Ventus).

Have any of you ever had a SMAW 1 on 1 with him?
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy
#32eig7htyPosted 11/26/2013 12:50:59 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
eig7hty posted...
If you think the SMAW is op you obviously have a slow reaction time, poor map awareness, and a lack of adaptability.

Not if it is shot at point blank or you already have low health. It's rather circumstantial.

Map awareness covers that.
---
If the result of tommorrow is today, what would you have done yesterday?
#33xXAISPXxPosted 11/26/2013 1:53:40 PM
eig7hty posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
eig7hty posted...
If you think the SMAW is op you obviously have a slow reaction time, poor map awareness, and a lack of adaptability.

Not if it is shot at point blank or you already have low health. It's rather circumstantial.

Sometimes you just aren't aware.
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy
#34old_man_mossyPosted 11/26/2013 5:34:07 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
eig7hty posted...
xXAISPXx posted...
eig7hty posted...

Sometimes you just aren't aware.

Or sometimes your target is equally aware. Plus in some modes it's hard to be aware, lol!

Hardcore for example or if you aren't using a phase rifle and are facing squatters in "norm.core" lol...or they have stealth and now how to use it.

C2 is a high speed game, high health too. Map awareness only goes so far, you have to be aware of the dots, not just the paper!

Course knowing the maps help you to anticipate ...but this isn't cover heavy, hiding spots galore, first shot wins CoD. It's why this game is so special.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#35Ventus2aPosted 11/26/2013 11:33:40 PM
xXAISPXx posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
>

This is a customary way of countering these users. Ask Ventus, he'll love to tell you how many times he's succumbed to this strategy by me (sorry, Ventus).

Have any of you ever had a SMAW 1 on 1 with him?

XAISPX and Signal always fun games! Yes the one on one SMAW fights were fun and you are both deadly with the PR. Just makes me work harder to kill you and stay alive.

The SMAW is no different than any other weapon in the game. It has pluses and minuses. I have probably learned to use it better than most just because I like it so much. I know what it will do and I have adjusted my timing for the time of flight lag.

It is great in mid range. But only OK at long range against flat footed noobs and sometimes against good players if you can anticipate where they will be when the rocket arrives. Those are the most satisfying shots. I don't get to see kills with the SMAW very often because if you are sticking around to watch the hit some sharp shooter will have killed you.

Is it OP, no. The correct loadout counters it pretty easy and I get most kills against good players with my USP of my fists. It has the same weakness as the TPC that if you die the rocket no longer has any killing power. As Signal said I get killed all to often just before my rocket arives.

The other weakness is it is not a good weapon in laggy games, the SPAS is much better in the furball laggy fights.

All that said, don't expect me to stop using it. I like the sound it makes ;-).
---
Ventus. Conduit FC 4899-6416-2462
#36CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 11:51:21 PM
Then Ventus can fully expect a tea bag from me everytime I kill him.

Noob.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#37YOLO_NachoPosted 11/27/2013 7:13:23 AM
YOU USE A WEAPON THAT I DISAPPROVE OF AND I WILL THEREFORE VIRTUALLY DROP MY CROTCH IN YOUR FACE IN GAME, THATLL LEARN YOU
seriously, the crying about it has gotten out of control. Don't like it, counter it. Don't counter it, deal with it. Very very very very very very very simple.
---
~#1 Poster on the GoldenEye 007 Nintendo Wii and C2 GameFAQs Boards~
As voted on by the only judge that matters, Debbie
#38TheOmegaShenPosted 11/27/2013 8:02:53 AM
YOLO_Nacho posted...
YOU USE A WEAPON THAT I DISAPPROVE OF AND I WILL THEREFORE VIRTUALLY DROP MY CROTCH IN YOUR FACE IN GAME, THATLL LEARN YOU
seriously, the crying about it has gotten out of control. Don't like it, counter it. Don't counter it, deal with it. Very very very very very very very simple.

This is Seamoe that you're talking to.
---
Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row row, fight the powah
#39YOLO_NachoPosted 11/28/2013 11:09:15 AM
YOLO_Nacho posted...

logical solution bump
---
#40YOLO_NachoPosted 11/28/2013 11:09:34 AM
oh and gobble gobble or whatever
---