VR Clan Practice Starts at 6:30 PM EST + Rules for Practice?

#21old_man_mossyPosted 11/25/2013 1:11:33 PM
If the actual goal of practice is to get better...not try and foster some sorta "I'm so pro" attitude. I suggest you leave double ballastic alone. Unless clans have suddenly started crying about that.

Also suggest you swap PR tuning for PR specialization. That's a personal preference anyway.

I've always figured...what's harder...one shot killing a guy with PR ANYWHERE....or pulling off a headshot.

It will make your snipers more proficient as well as forcing your team to not really so heavily on shelter....as a mystery headshot through a wall could drop them.

Honestly, I've always felt specialization was slightly more lame than tuning. The gun is suppose to be able to shoot through walls and a big "Alert" to the guy someone is trying to actually hardscope his head defeats the purpose of a bunker buster to begin with.

I have heard that there is a fault in design though, that any shot through walls is a one shot kill. I don't remember that ever being my experience on body shots though, less The hit markers lie and I was just barely missing, or it was a lag kill and I didn't pay attention to the kill feed.

Either way, best to practice in real world conditions. As you have to have both a clan to work with and one to fight....and your initial ban list seems...well, too much.

Perhaps you should take heed to the first suggestion and ignore the second if you want to improve skill sets.

Or flip it around but ban both PR abilities ;focus and specialization)if you just want to build skill and make the overall game harder while breeding super snipers.

Or just mix it up, I dunno. I've just always felt head shots aren't lazy....especially with a bolt action gun. To be honest....the fixation of specialization being preferred over tuning always surprised and interested me in clan war settings. That, however is a topic to argue another day. Might try it as long as you take words like "dumb" and phrases/threats like "losing all respect for you if you do that" out of the discussion.

Else I will retaliate and our discussion will go nowhere. At least nowhere fun.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#22darthone2919Posted 11/25/2013 3:58:32 PM
Ok Im going bring an old topic back from 2011
We had a big fight about having guns banned and what should we use.
And at the end we all agreed only one weapon should be banned and that is the SMAW.
People wanted to get rid of other weapons as well but someone came with a good point. If the game maker didn't want us to have this weapons with this perks, they couldve made rules about the way you set up your class or they wouldn't put it in the game in first place. So stop trying to ban so many weapons or perks, because the game lets us use them and we shall use em!

Most people want to ban all good stuff like double damage because they probably been killed by it. So what, if everyone can use it then its fair, and if someone has double damage then use double armor, theres perks to cancle out other perks out.

So open your eyes and stop trying to control the game!
---
Say hello to my little friend....ScarFace
#23hc-valkiriaPosted 11/25/2013 5:44:41 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
No please don't. Could you please just send the raw footage? I juat want to see how you conducted the session.

Too late man, already did that last night, besides, why not? Knocks out two birds with one stone for me, and I thought it was a good commentary anyway.

Also, it shows ALL of the footage, and I only talk for 6 mins anyway, so its all good man, don't worry.

If u already made it, then did u send it yet?
#24CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 7:34:14 PM
Mind you guys, this was a VR vote, join VR and you can have some say.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#25CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 7:46:17 PM
Mossy, again, no PR Spec is very bad and makes the PR useless.

How about you try to get PR kills with headshots only? Try it, you try it, wanna see how far you get.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#26CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 7:48:58 PM
darthone2919 posted...
Ok Im going bring an old topic back from 2011
We had a big fight about having guns banned and what should we use.
And at the end we all agreed only one weapon should be banned and that is the SMAW.
People wanted to get rid of other weapons as well but someone came with a good point. If the game maker didn't want us to have this weapons with this perks, they couldve made rules about the way you set up your class or they wouldn't put it in the game in first place. So stop trying to ban so many weapons or perks, because the game lets us use them and we shall use em!

Most people want to ban all good stuff like double damage because they probably been killed by it. So what, if everyone can use it then its fair, and if someone has double damage then use double armor, theres perks to cancle out other perks out.

So open your eyes and stop trying to control the game!

I'm not, but some stuff is really OP, Carbonizer is one, Radiation nades, and yes, of course the SMAW, (There is a reason why its banned) also, I didn't ban that many perks either, just stuff that needs a ban.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#27darthone2919Posted 11/25/2013 7:50:16 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Mind you guys, this was a VR vote, join VR and you can have some say.

So then the rules only apply to your clan other clans dont have to follow your rules.... is that what your saying?
---
Say hello to my little friend....ScarFace
#28CmoIsDaNam3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 7:50:19 PM
hc-valkiria posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
hc-valkiria posted...
No please don't. Could you please just send the raw footage? I juat want to see how you conducted the session.

Too late man, already did that last night, besides, why not? Knocks out two birds with one stone for me, and I thought it was a good commentary anyway.

Also, it shows ALL of the footage, and I only talk for 6 mins anyway, so its all good man, don't worry.

If u already made it, then did u send it yet?

It will be uploaded tomorrow, check my channel at around 2:00 PM EST, you'll see it there, also if you want, sub to my YouTube, its CMoIsDaNam3.
---
Conduit, More, Often.
#29old_man_mossyPosted 11/25/2013 8:15:55 PM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

How about you try to get PR kills with headshots only? Try it, you try it, wanna see how far you get.

I use to do it....often. I usually substituted stealth for specialization anyway because I enjoyed trying for head shots.

I did use tune masking though...guilty as charged. I found it very fun sneaking around with stealth and taking folks out. In fact using stealth I found it easier to get the 50 or so head shots to unlock masking....so yeah, you aren't asking me to do anything new.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#30xXAISPXxPosted 11/26/2013 11:19:44 AM
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Spec-less PR is very fun in Hardcore, but you don't play it...
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy