Improving weapons. what's your ideas?

#1old_man_mossyPosted 11/26/2013 10:00:32 AM
I remember awhile back Jaye and I were having a conversation about making weapons better.

By this I don't mega lowering damage or increasing it or tweaking blast radius or whatever. See, Jaye said when I use to make these threads about making stuff better, he much more enjoyed talking and reading about tweaks to function rather than buffs or nerfs and the ongoing arguments about damage ratios, no collision detection, or weather something was overpowered or not.

I figure with the great SMAW debate, we could use a little distraction, lol. What I'm trying to explain might sound a little confusing so I'll use an old example...and a new one. (By the way, while we aren't talking about damage or things that are overpowered, I still welcome contrary opinions if you think these ideas are overpowered. I'll start us off.

TPC Launcher: This has always been one of my favorite guns. The way I'd like to make it better is by using the toggle grenade button to be able to select your own mines and remotely detonate them much like C4.

I'd also like to change the canisters somewhat, so there is an arming time on them. It always puzzled me how you could shoot them at the floor and they'd bounce a bit...but if you were shooting them and a teammate walked in front of you they would immediately explode in your face! I MIGHT want to treat them more like grenade launchers on CoD that do a ballastic like damage at close range and act like a bullet until they arm.

I have more suggestions, but I'll open it up to others to respond and/or have their own turn
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#2B05S_P4GPosted 11/26/2013 10:14:09 AM
For the Deatomizer, scrap the Auto Fire function (horrible accuracy) and replace it with the scope from TCon. Also, make the single shot fire cap at least double.

For the Shrieker, increase the mag size to 8 or 10.

For the Strike Rifle, raise the fire cap, make the charge up faster, and give it 1-2 extra bullets in the mag.

For the Scar, keep the full auto hipfire but make the alt fire burst.

Those are some ideas.

Also, I do think it would be really fun if you could dual wield Warp Pistols. Maybe that's just me though.
---
B05S^P4G: 3011-0210-9706
#3old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:31:30 AM
I like hearing those ideas, keep them coming people!

One question I've always had with the strike rifle was does Charge time affect damage? If you shoot a "somewhat" charged shot does it do more damage than a single shot, yet less than a full charge?

I hate to introduce damage settings into the conversation as that's not my goal for the thread. I'm just genuinely curious.

Another idea I have is to change the way the DarkStar fires blackholes. Instead of having the button you usually push to aim down sights or use a scope to open the fork and shoot out the black hole, I'd rather it be a charge feature...like what we were just talking about with the strike rifle. The higher level your black hole is, the less charge time it would require.You would still need to earn the black holes by way of poison tags of course, that wouldn't change.

With the freed up button (since the ads button is now without a function...I'd either add a scope or maybe give you the ability to make a dark matter mine as opposed to a black hole. It would work like the TPC mine, but instead create a stationary blackhole.

I'd also change the gun back to the way the prelaunch vid demos suggested it would work...friendly fire on, or at the very least make it capable of sucking up the user instead of being a protection device
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#4old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:43:28 AM
Love the idea of x2 warpys, also. I know in concept demos of The Grinder HVS was working on that sorta mechanic and it sure looked cool.

Double up your charged bounce shots....SCARY cool.
---
#5JVC-spacePosted 11/26/2013 1:06:53 PM
For the Strike Rifle, raise the fire cap, make the charge up faster, and give it 1-2 extra bullets in the mag.

>> No, it will be OP. Strike rifle single fire is perfect, but the charged shoot is pretty useless, we have to found a solution for it.
#6_DarkC2Posted 11/26/2013 2:07:49 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about, aside from changing weapon stuff so...

Phase rifle: increase the firing speed. Seriously, when I shoot, I have to wait about 3 more seconds, and if I'm trying to quick scope, its hard because I'll be dead before I can shoot again.
---
"Them's fightin words boy"-P4G
FC: 2667-4324-3617
#7CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/26/2013 2:16:01 PM
Hmm, good topic idea.

For me man, make the SCAR have a 3 burst function, like P4G said, also something that would be cool.

Instead dual wield Warp Pistols, why not HVS.45s? Would be freaking sweet to do. :D
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON
#8LeThA169Posted 11/26/2013 2:24:57 PM
_DarkC2 posted...
Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about, aside from changing weapon stuff so...

Phase rifle: increase the firing speed. Seriously, when I shoot, I have to wait about 3 more seconds, and if I'm trying to quick scope, its hard because I'll be dead before I can shoot again.

You mean turn a perfectly good sniper rifle into a semi-auto marksman rifle?
Widow maker turret:Increase the fire rate and give it a better sight when controlling it yourself.

Darkstar:Make the fire rate automatic and give it a 18 round mag instead of 12.

Mp5k:increase damage, give it a red dot sight.

Hvs45:Give it a 15 round mag and swap the red dot with an actual laster sight.

Carbonizer: give it a scope

scar: swap the scope for a laser sight and add a bayonate(sorry if i mispelled that)
#9Kn0x_GamesPosted 11/26/2013 3:28:16 PM
Well, I like these ideas. :)

For the carbonizer, maybe change the whole concept of it. No more single claimed to be "OP" laser of death. Instead why not lower the damage slightly and change it so the carby shoots rapid fire single bolts of energy, a little less accurately than before. Just like an actual minigun.

So:

--Less damage output

--Mag size is fine

--Rapid fire bolts of energy, kinda like plasma cannon from halo.

--little less accurate is fine

--also, carbonizer now has slight (even less than hive) area damage cause of the bolt spread, instead of the link.

For the Smaw:

Well, from these last few debates the overall board has shown it can be countered. So it stays the same.

Hive cannon:

--Keep the way it is, slight homing ability with cursor(like shrieker) instead of that sticky beacon that even Mr.Ford newcomers can dodge...by stepping to the side once. :/

-- Then raise the clip so it can primarily hold 150 instead of 100. Also, to balance this maybe an overheat function could be added in.

Usp

--fine the way it is

Last but not least, remove ballistics focus entirely, as it transforms the weakest of guns into OP horrendous monsters. Real world has superposition laws regarding guns (least to most powerful based on size and calibre mostly). Ok, now a pistol should take on a mounted browning???? That's exactly what it seems like in C2 sometimes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k ~ Just relax...
My FC is ~ 9678-7706
#101PefrogPosted 11/26/2013 4:43:10 PM
old_man_mossy posted...

Another idea I have is to change the way the DarkStar fires blackholes. Instead of having the button you usually push to aim down sights or use a scope to open the fork and shoot out the black hole, I'd rather it be a charge feature...like what we were just talking about with the strike rifle. The higher level your black hole is, the less charge time it would require.You would still need to earn the black holes by way of poison tags of course, that wouldn't change.

With the freed up button (since the ads button is now without a function...I'd either add a scope or maybe give you the ability to make a dark matter mine as opposed to a black hole. It would work like the TPC mine, but instead create a stationary blackhole.

I'd also change the gun back to the way the prelaunch vid demos suggested it would work...friendly fire on, or at the very least make it capable of sucking up the user instead of being a protection device

All of these changes make the dark star harder to use. No one really uses it to begin with. Most use PR, SPAS, Carby, SMAW, SCAR. It is not a balanced weapon if not many people use it. I think the dark star needs a bigger magazine, better aiming ability while moving (have to use the aim helper perk), and a higher hit damage (right now it's 5, bump to 10).
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.