Improving weapons. what's your ideas?

#11old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 5:38:23 PM(edited)
1Pefrog posted...
old_man_mossy posted...

Another idea I have is to change the way the DarkStar fires blackholes. Instead of having the button you usually push to aim down sights or use a scope to open the fork and shoot out the black hole, I'd rather it be a charge feature...like what we were just talking about with the strike rifle. The higher level your black hole is, the less charge time it would require.You would still need to earn the black holes by way of poison tags of course, that wouldn't change.

With the freed up button (since the ads button is now without a function...I'd either add a scope or maybe give you the ability to make a dark matter mine as opposed to a black hole. It would work like the TPC mine, but instead create a stationary blackhole.

I'd also change the gun back to the way the prelaunch vid demos suggested it would work...friendly fire on, or at the very least make it capable of sucking up the user instead of being a protection device

All of these changes make the dark star harder to use. No one really uses it to begin with. Most use PR, SPAS, Carby, SMAW, SCAR. It is not a balanced weapon if not many people use it. I think the dark star needs a bigger magazine, better aiming ability while moving (have to use the aim helper perk), and a higher hit damage (right now it's 5, bump to 10).

Sorry buddy, my intent was not to make it harder. I actually use to use it a lot at launch with stealth ( my favorite non hardcore perk, lol)

I figured being able to charge a shot was faster and easier than using a second hand and button to open the fork, then hit yet another button to fire. Figured the charge shot open option was both easier and helped something we both agree stinks...it's forced hip fire accuracy.

In close to medium combat the tag was never that difficult...but long range....it would really benefit from a scope!

But how to seperate that? My solution is to use button reassignment. But sadly that won't work for everybody, lol.

I don't think a damage double up from a 5 to 10 is a good idea, so much as stackable drain damage, or maybe have multiple tags lengthen the drain duration...cause we all have survived one tag, lol. Nothing's worse than wasting a tag because the game simply doesn't acknowledge it. Landing hits are hard enough and multiples shouldn't be penalized....but I don't feel singles should be rewarded any more than they are.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#12old_man_mossy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 6:01:25 PM(edited)
_DarkC2 posted...
Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about, aside from changing weapon stuff so...

Phase rifle: increase the firing speed. Seriously, when I shoot, I have to wait about 3 more seconds, and if I'm trying to quick scope, its hard because I'll be dead before I can shoot again.

No man, you get it just fine! Intent that is. If my stuffs confusing just tell me and Ill try to better explain it. I'd rather someone understand and disagree than be confused and not comment.

One thing they could do with the phase rifle is simple....as it like the TPC is a favorite gun.

Change the bolt action feed from the left side to the right. All guns are fired as if you are right handed in this game...yet the bolt action on the phase is on the left side.

For any real world military rifle the bolt mechanism is on the right side...or handle/grip side for the statistically dominant hand.

The idea is that you brace on the forstock with your left hand while pulling trigger with dominant. You keep that forstock hand up as a guide while the faster hand with more dexterity works the bolt (a quick fast move from trigger guard to bolt mechanism) or loads a fresh clip. All the while keeping your dom. aiming eye and shoulder all in a straight somewhat unified line...it's a simple but beautiful thing

Not so with the phase rifle. It was clearly either made up by someone who has no idea how a good bolt action rifle works...lol, or the trust scientist who made it was a left handed!

Joking aside, I've fired countless rounds from real world rifles...wanna speed it up, cut out the weird unnecessary actions real world gun nuts balk at and make the bolt action/rechambering animation faster by being more fluid and making sense....that is if you want to keep pulling the trigger with the right hands finger.
---
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.
#13_DarkC2Posted 11/26/2013 6:10:27 PM
LeThA169 posted...
_DarkC2 posted...
Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about, aside from changing weapon stuff so...

Phase rifle: increase the firing speed. Seriously, when I shoot, I have to wait about 3 more seconds, and if I'm trying to quick scope, its hard because I'll be dead before I can shoot again.

You mean turn a perfectly good sniper rifle into a semi-auto marksman rifle?
Widow maker turret:Increase the fire rate and give it a better sight when controlling it yourself.

Darkstar:Make the fire rate automatic and give it a 18 round mag instead of 12.

Mp5k:increase damage, give it a red dot sight.

Hvs45:Give it a 15 round mag and swap the red dot with an actual laster sight.

Carbonizer: give it a scope

scar: swap the scope for a laser sight and add a bayonate(sorry if i mispelled that)

Not semi auto, but just a bit quicker :)
---
"Them's fightin words boy"-P4G
FC: 2667-4324-3617
#14Hedgehog_KnightPosted 11/26/2013 7:19:08 PM
I'd get rid of PR spec's damage buff and make the PR heavily dependent on range. Close range shots do little damage, but the further the range, the closer the damage gets to the old PR spec. The new PR spec would give the PR's shots a radar scrambling effect.

I agree with old_man_mossy's TPC changes, except I'd make the mines detach from surfaces and launch forward slightly, as if they're jumping off the surface.

And I'm drooling over the idea of Dual Warpys... I wonder if Dual Deatomizers would be considered OP?
---
"Aw, Yeah! This is happenin'!" - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure
#15YOLO_NachoPosted 11/26/2013 8:09:32 PM
CRY ABOUT IT UNTIL IT MAGICALLY FIXES ITSELF WHY DID THEY PUT SO MUCH OP THING STUFFS IN THIS GAME AND WITH THE LAG AND EVERYTHING UGH AND THEY DIDNT EVEN GIVE A COUNTER FOR ANYTHING OP LIKE OMG SERIOUSLY I COULD ALWAYS STOP PLAYING BUT ID RATHER CRY ABOUT IT SINCE THATLL CHANGE EVERYTHING
feel like i needed to get that out of the way so the legit responses can be heard and the negative whiners will just be ignored. they have their own attention seeking threads for it~
---
~#1 Poster on the GoldenEye 007 Nintendo Wii and C2 GameFAQs Boards~
As voted on by the only judge that matters, Debbie
#16xXAISPXxPosted 11/26/2013 9:05:02 PM
YOLO_Nacho posted...
CRY ABOUT IT UNTIL IT MAGICALLY FIXES ITSELF WHY DID THEY PUT SO MUCH OP THING STUFFS IN THIS GAME AND WITH THE LAG AND EVERYTHING UGH AND THEY DIDNT EVEN GIVE A COUNTER FOR ANYTHING OP LIKE OMG SERIOUSLY I COULD ALWAYS STOP PLAYING BUT ID RATHER CRY ABOUT IT SINCE THATLL CHANGE EVERYTHING
feel like i needed to get that out of the way so the legit responses can be heard and the negative whiners will just be ignored. they have their own attention seeking threads for it~

I laughed.
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy
#17CmoIsDaNam3Posted 11/26/2013 9:19:19 PM
Fun fact: The MP5KA4 in real life is three burst, so why not have a 3 burst secondary in the form of the MP5KA4! Just increase the damage to 9 and 4 bust will kill anybody. :)
---
Conduit, More, Often.
Emergence - A Conduit 2 Montage TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZJFZx9lDk COMING SOON