The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The sensitivity paradox

#1JVC-spacePosted 12/1/2013 2:47:31 PM
3 month ago I changed my cursor sensitivity cursor cause for being at short, medium range with the Phase Rifle. So, that worked out but, my speed has been dropped, and the more distance is long, the more it's disabling. I watched Samu5 and Aisp sniping videos, and they are both very good in long distance especially in very long distances but and have problems with shorts distances.
So it's really a problem, Precision or speed ?
#2JVC-space(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 2:50:11 PM
Fail*
3 month ago I changed my cursor sensitivity cursor for being more effective at short, medium range with the Phase Rifle. So, that worked out but, my speed has been dropped, and the more distance is long, the more it's disabling. I watched Samu5 and Aisp sniping videos, and they are both very good in long distance especially in very long distances but and have problems with shorts distances.
So it's really a problem, Precision or speed ?<

sorry if my english is bad
#3_SignalPosted 12/1/2013 3:05:24 PM
JVC-space posted...

I'm certainly not an expert sniper, but I think I'm running only slightly higher sensitivity settings than the default. I think I compensated a bit for that change at long range by changing my deadzones as well.

After looking it up:

Turning Speed: 26
Cursor Sensitivity: 30

Deadzone is 224 x 246 (W x H)

I've actually changed them a few times, so I might be very close to the default values.

Again, these are pretty close to the defaults, and ultimately you'll have to settle on the sensitivity that is the best compromise for you. It is one of the shortcomings of the game that we don't have separate settings for scoped and non-scoped sensitivities, but I really don't think we need to make the PR any more powerful, so I'm ok with the compromise.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#4xXAISPXxPosted 12/1/2013 7:00:14 PM
Well...

I've never experienced this...awkward...
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy
#5xXAISPXxPosted 12/1/2013 7:01:36 PM
_Signal posted...
JVC-space posted...

I'm certainly not an expert sniper, but I think I'm running only slightly higher sensitivity settings than the default. I think I compensated a bit for that change at long range by changing my deadzones as well.

After looking it up:

Turning Speed: 26
Cursor Sensitivity: 30

Deadzone is 224 x 246 (W x H)

I've actually changed them a few times, so I might be very close to the default values.

Again, these are pretty close to the defaults, and ultimately you'll have to settle on the sensitivity that is the best compromise for you. It is one of the shortcomings of the game that we don't have separate settings for scoped and non-scoped sensitivities, but I really don't think we need to make the PR any more powerful, so I'm ok with the compromise.

Don't worry. You're certainly one of he best out there.
---
SOTD: "Noob tube or Pro Pipe, feel free to input no matter your opinion." -Mossy
#6_SignalPosted 12/1/2013 7:51:12 PM
Haha...

Thank you for the compliment. That means something coming from you. Unfortunately I lack consistency. I'm either on or off though. And when I'm "off," ugh, you do not want me on your team, LOL.
---
We're on top for now!
Conduit2FC(36): 3354-2948-5226, (38): 4814-7986-3261
#7drophyghostPosted 12/1/2013 8:05:08 PM
_Signal posted...
Unfortunately I lack consistency. I'm either on or off though. And when I'm "off," ugh, you do not want me on your team, LOL.

:O! U too? O.o
I though I was the only one haha
Im "off" 99% of the time though lol (when it comes to sniping)
---
Conduit 2 FC: 2881 - 9625 - 3883 =)
BTW, sorry for my English :P
#8xXAISPXxPosted 12/1/2013 8:32:10 PM
_Signal posted...
Haha...

Thank you for the compliment. That means something coming from you. Unfortunately I lack consistency. I'm either on or off though. And when I'm "off," ugh, you do not want me on your team, LOL.

Seems to me everyone does, Signal. I get them as well. Thrice as more common in real life, haha.
---
#9JVC-space(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 12:33:11 AM
My cursor sensitivity is 10.
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 12/2/2013 12:41:32 AM
I don't see any reason why somebody should be able to use 100 for their cursor sensitivity at all times, assuming they have a hand rest.

Turning sensitivity/deadzones however have been something I've constantly been playing with.
GB to Hardcore, CQ to Sniping. Its hard to find something that really feels natural for everything you want to do.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656