What new playable characters would you like to see in C3?

#11LigersRulePosted 12/3/2013 9:44:26 PM
old_man_mossy posted...
Not a lie at all Lig. They did not get along as far as political theory goes at all. Sure they were cordial...they had to all hang together or they would hang seperately, lol. War breeds close bonds. But I'm not senile, lol. Jeffersons had many papers, he's one of the most vocal founding father as far as print goes, this has led people 200 years removed from him to say many, many things as truths. So I'll trust the record and his political ideals instead of papers etc. that paint him as agnostic and athiest in the same breath...or a man that suffered loss of wife and child and an adulterer

It's not that it's been awhile since I took history, nor am I stupid or a liar...I just look at things from many, many angles. History has long been a love of mine...to be honest your statement seems antogonist. But whatever, maybe your having a bad day?

Never the less 10 years in latter life when they didn't get along while one was in power....well, good friendships survive worse circumstances, lol. It's also not like past friends can't become enemies or come to resent each other. That's common man enough.

It's simply not what I was taught. All the founding fathers were to some degree friendly...but Jefferson was a black sheep of sorts. To suggest his differences in ideology over how man should govern himself in this new world...one he lost wife and child in, staked a personal fortune on, and made countless enemies over... To say that wasn't as basic and necessary to him as breathing...I just don't get it.

When you lose so much to forge a country then fundamentally disagree how that country should govern...well, they were better gentleman than I...but a ten year stint is nothing to sneeze at XD

Any sources? Because I'm not sure if you even glanced at the article I posted. So here are some more.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=10152
http://johnadamsinfo.com/thomas-jefferson/70/
http://www.nps.gov/nama/blogs/Jefferson-and-Adams-Two-Paths-to-Destiny.htm

Or, if you're REALLY in the mood for a good read
http://www.everydaycitizen.com/2010/10/the_friendship_of_thomas_jeffe.html

Look, I get what you're trying to say. I do. But the fact is that Adams and Jefferson were amazingly good friends for 45 years of their lives, and only spent about 10 years without that friendship. American schooling kinda leads to people to believe whatever their teachers tell them, so maybe you've just been mislead. But the documented sources, the historians who have studied this for their whole lives, the letters exhanged between the two... Those all disagree with you.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#121PefrogPosted 12/3/2013 9:59:17 PM
LigersRule posted...
American schooling kinda leads to people to believe whatever their teachers tell them, so maybe you've just been mislead.

Aren't you in school right now? If you are going to throw a pot shot at teachers you shouldn't be paying them and going to their classes. BTW some of your sources are biased because of religious beliefs. : )
---
More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
#13LigersRulePosted 12/3/2013 10:27:13 PM
1Pefrog posted...
Aren't you in school right now? If you are going to throw a pot shot at teachers you shouldn't be paying them and going to their classes. BTW some of your sources are biased because of religious beliefs. : )

I'm not taking pot shots at teachers, I'm taking pot shots at the American Education System. Nothing to do with the people teaching it. Most classes, even in college but especially in high school, give you a single text book and a single teacher. That teacher often just teaches straight from the text book, because it's how they keep their jobs. I've had teachers that went off book (amazing teachers), but lost their jobs because test scores drop.

When you go on to do higher schooling, at bigger (often private) Universities or Graduate school, the dynamic shifts. It's not about learning what the Textbook has to teach you, it's about learning everything you can, from as many different sources as you can. For a class when I was at a bigger U, I had 6 textbooks and 3 lecturers. More sources of education provide a closer approximation of the truth.

I am in college right now, but not in a traditional major. I'm a music major. I don't study history or language or mathematics, I study harmonies and orchestrations. For the most parts, my classes are meant not to teach me material, but to teach me how to better myself. From Ear Training, Symphonic Band, Jazz Improv, Private Lessons, small ensembles, concert attendence... It's a different focus from more traditional majors. The most traditional class I have is Theory, and it's still extremely subjective. Not about what to do, but how to accomplish what you are looking for, what different things sound like.

Anyway, you can see why I provided 5 sources. Some might be biased. Some might be wrong. But by looking at multiple sources and digesting what many different historians have tried to convey to you, you can better understand the general idea of the events that happened.
---
*Insert 25 wit here*
#14Outsider1220Posted 12/13/2013 10:45:42 PM
2 player campaign and you have a combination of the four below depending on the level and location

Mr. Ford

Andromeda

George Washington

Abraham Lincoln
#15kastasticPosted 12/13/2013 11:08:06 PM
I would like to be one of those "bugs" that plop out of the pods. I forget what they're called, but they make that awesome birth sound when plopping out and then they poke at you with their "legs".

Of course they would be able to leap and spit poison or shoot sticky gobs that freeze you for 5 seconds.

They should also be able to see through walls at a certain distance < upgradable of course w/vision specialization.
I better stop there.....
nvm...also they have a poison bite that affects your vision and health. oya ;)
---
*NEW...The Setup>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXmgwOP_bo
**Agartha Fun>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfzXzf047qU
#16xXAISPXxPosted 12/14/2013 8:05:20 AM
1Pefrog posted...
LigersRule posted...
American schooling kinda leads to people to believe whatever their teachers tell them, so maybe you've just been mislead.

Teacher's gotta defend teachers.
---
SOTD: "If handing the board to a younger gen killed it, I'd hate to see humanity in the coming generations." -Jaye
#17xXAISPXxPosted 12/14/2013 8:10:46 AM
LigersRule posted...
1Pefrog posted...

I'm not taking pot shots at teachers, I'm taking pot shots at the American Education System. Nothing to do with the people teaching it. Most classes, even in college but especially in high school, give you a single text book and a single teacher. That teacher often just teaches straight from the text book, because it's how they keep their jobs. I've had teachers that went off book (amazing teachers), but lost their jobs because test scores drop.

I strongly agree. One thing is to have teachers causing issues, but another is American Education disputes. Sometimes, teachers even complain of how they're being treated by the standards. For example, a teacher that has gained experience through several decades in the educative field would not be promulgated as so experienced in a letter or census.
---
SOTD: "If handing the board to a younger gen killed it, I'd hate to see humanity in the coming generations." -Jaye
#18Toho2Posted 12/14/2013 11:30:26 AM
A giant gingerbread man and Barney the Dinosaur. Just imagine the terror that people will have when they see Barney. x-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7sxfQOiE4
#19The_Mad_KittenPosted 12/14/2013 11:41:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20xXAISPXxPosted 12/15/2013 6:19:38 AM
Toho2 posted...
A giant gingerbread man and Barney the Dinosaur. Just imagine the terror that people will have when they see Barney. x-)

Barney is Godzilla's alt, agree?
---